Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Increase Number Of Skin Contest Winners
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
There are so many more breeds of dragon on this site than there were at the start, and I think the festival skin/accent contests should start reflecting that. I think the mods should pick more winners to increase the number of breeds of dragon that will get new skins.

Pros:
- people who don't buy UMAs will have a better chance of finding a skin they can use on their dragons
- more artists will have the chance to see their skins added to the site and get more exposure/recognition
- a greater chance of someone's favorite dragon breed getting a festival skin means less dissatisfaction with the outcome of the contest (less grumbling about how certain breeds never get skins, less worry that old breeds will get slighted in favor of new ones, etc.)

Cons:
- everyone's going to have to fork over more treasure for skins every month

Possible solutions to the above con include:
- reducing the price of skins

Possible arguments in favor of the above con:
- it's a treasure sink

Thoughts?
There are so many more breeds of dragon on this site than there were at the start, and I think the festival skin/accent contests should start reflecting that. I think the mods should pick more winners to increase the number of breeds of dragon that will get new skins.

Pros:
- people who don't buy UMAs will have a better chance of finding a skin they can use on their dragons
- more artists will have the chance to see their skins added to the site and get more exposure/recognition
- a greater chance of someone's favorite dragon breed getting a festival skin means less dissatisfaction with the outcome of the contest (less grumbling about how certain breeds never get skins, less worry that old breeds will get slighted in favor of new ones, etc.)

Cons:
- everyone's going to have to fork over more treasure for skins every month

Possible solutions to the above con include:
- reducing the price of skins

Possible arguments in favor of the above con:
- it's a treasure sink

Thoughts?
sEBxtxA.png
eGiN2Xv.png
mxk5Q9c.png
Fes or Grenades - he/him
Come yell at me about The Magnus Archives. Or Death Stranding. Or Marble Hornets. Or all three.
i like this idea! specifically, that there be more skins added per festival and the price decreased slightly/moderately, or the drop rate of skin chests increased to compensate. the only potential issue i can see is if there are a meagre number of submissions to choose from on a particular festival?
i like this idea! specifically, that there be more skins added per festival and the price decreased slightly/moderately, or the drop rate of skin chests increased to compensate. the only potential issue i can see is if there are a meagre number of submissions to choose from on a particular festival?
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
It’s currently 14 skins total? Why not upgrade to 16 skins ? Support. I don’t necessarily think the 35,000t price tag needs to be reduced though.
It’s currently 14 skins total? Why not upgrade to 16 skins ? Support. I don’t necessarily think the 35,000t price tag needs to be reduced though.
yeah, i don't see any downsides. more treasure sinks are always good.
yeah, i don't see any downsides. more treasure sinks are always good.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
support only if prices are reduced, it's nice to be able to buy a full set of skins with one week's worth of glimmer and gloom
support only if prices are reduced, it's nice to be able to buy a full set of skins with one week's worth of glimmer and gloom

she/her | fr+3.|.skins

.................................………….....
GCDcYEq.png
I definitely support this!
I definitely support this!
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png Hobbyist Writer57719699_nSiBYnESr0q0Pa5.pngFeel free to ping! tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
support, it would be so nice to see a wider variety of skins and have more breeds/poses represented per festival. plus there are so many talented submissions that this gives an extra chance for more artists to win. i don't think prices need to be reduced either; fest skins are already quite cheap and, as skinklegs pointed out, we could always use more treasure sinks
support, it would be so nice to see a wider variety of skins and have more breeds/poses represented per festival. plus there are so many talented submissions that this gives an extra chance for more artists to win. i don't think prices need to be reduced either; fest skins are already quite cheap and, as skinklegs pointed out, we could always use more treasure sinks
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
This has come up in the past, and I very much still support it!

Personally, I'm neutral on the cost of skins being changed—as you've pointed out, there are pros and cons to that issue alone, after all; mostly I'd just like to see more breeds represented, and more of artists' hard work celebrated.
This has come up in the past, and I very much still support it!

Personally, I'm neutral on the cost of skins being changed—as you've pointed out, there are pros and cons to that issue alone, after all; mostly I'd just like to see more breeds represented, and more of artists' hard work celebrated.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
I think we should have gotten a skin increase for this holiday cycle and I was absolutely disappointed when we didn't.

I don't really care about the prices. Leaning toward them staying the same. There's no real reason for them to be decreased, I think. Since the skins never retire, it's definitely nothing to be too worried about.
I think we should have gotten a skin increase for this holiday cycle and I was absolutely disappointed when we didn't.

I don't really care about the prices. Leaning toward them staying the same. There's no real reason for them to be decreased, I think. Since the skins never retire, it's definitely nothing to be too worried about.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Support!

I'm kind of half-and-half on the idea of skin prices being reduced. 35kt is a good price, it's just that I'm absolutely horrible at saving up treasure.

As for the main point of the thread, absolutely. It's occurred to me over the past several festivals that there are some breeds that don't seem to get skins anymore, or at least not nearly as often, because of all the other breeds that have been coming out, which have seemed to be getting the priority. And with all the extremely talented artists putting so much of their time into these skins, I think it would be nice to give both the artists and breeds more representation and slots to possibly win.
Support!

I'm kind of half-and-half on the idea of skin prices being reduced. 35kt is a good price, it's just that I'm absolutely horrible at saving up treasure.

As for the main point of the thread, absolutely. It's occurred to me over the past several festivals that there are some breeds that don't seem to get skins anymore, or at least not nearly as often, because of all the other breeds that have been coming out, which have seemed to be getting the priority. And with all the extremely talented artists putting so much of their time into these skins, I think it would be nice to give both the artists and breeds more representation and slots to possibly win.
WJnaXRt.gif 5hF3FGk.png
DxCICZ1.png
OnuhFtt.png FZ9VPbS.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9