Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | When you start a new breeding project...
...and there are literally no active dragons with the color combo that you want.

Someday I will get those perfect dragons, but in the meantime I have a lot of breeding to do.

rainbow

joker

...and there are literally no active dragons with the color combo that you want.

Someday I will get those perfect dragons, but in the meantime I have a lot of breeding to do.

rainbow

joker

wow, your rainbow scry is just gorgeous!!!! [emoji=new friend size=1][emoji=pastel rainbow size=1] hahaha i fully support this as a breeding project
wow, your rainbow scry is just gorgeous!!!! hahaha i fully support this as a breeding project
||
||
||
||
||
||
. .. zilla - 25 - he/him

SUPZzVm.gif
. . . ||
||
||
||
||
||
. . .
5hUIhs7.gif5hUIhs7.gif5hUIhs7.gif5hUIhs7.gif
ePOliyb.pngAaYNmEX.png
bYt72YT.png5ouR6ge.png
0MTaj3d.pngpyAp3dI.png
5hF3FGk.pngYMPbu9R.png
. . . ||
||
||
||
||
||
. . . avvie derg: peeps
..02EJkdw.png
. . . ||
||
||
||
||
||
Deceit & Peace are here to tell you that it's possible! [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/729314/72931355.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/643077/64307691.png[/img] These projects can definitely take a long time (especially that imperial, [i]ouch[/i]. She is gorgeous, but imps are so awful to breed for!) but if you keep at it, it's definitely not impossible. My best advice is to save a few dragon searches for close colors and one for the exact colors / gender / breed, saved as highest IDs first, and check those searches every day. (If you put them in a bookmark folder you can just open the folder all at once and check all the threads at once) That way, you can be sure not to miss any possible parents for the projects. I ended up PMing several dozen people for each project, asking for their newly-hatched dragons, hahaha I wish you good luck!
Deceit & Peace are here to tell you that it's possible!

72931355.png 64307691.png

These projects can definitely take a long time (especially that imperial, ouch. She is gorgeous, but imps are so awful to breed for!) but if you keep at it, it's definitely not impossible.

My best advice is to save a few dragon searches for close colors and one for the exact colors / gender / breed, saved as highest IDs first, and check those searches every day. (If you put them in a bookmark folder you can just open the folder all at once and check all the threads at once)

That way, you can be sure not to miss any possible parents for the projects. I ended up PMing several dozen people for each project, asking for their newly-hatched dragons, hahaha

I wish you good luck!
LRdLP2V.pngG8AyR6r.png6Ef6hwD.pngaC86tUH.png
kHBaXec.pngmmoRz30.pngdjVsGUf.pngMOCTGj3.png
YMPbu9R.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/48358426][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/483585/48358426_350.png[/img][/url] This guy literally took me close to 2 years to breed. I feel your pain.
48358426_350.png

This guy literally took me close to 2 years to breed. I feel your pain.
ZQGfAQY.png
ohh those are good! especially the rainbow *w*
the ones I'm struggling with right now are robin/robin/stonewash and grape/sunset/cantaloupe. you'd think those would be fairly common considering how popular robin and purple/orange combos are!
edit: even harder when you specifically want an imp, lol
ohh those are good! especially the rainbow *w*
the ones I'm struggling with right now are robin/robin/stonewash and grape/sunset/cantaloupe. you'd think those would be fairly common considering how popular robin and purple/orange combos are!
edit: even harder when you specifically want an imp, lol
left star border ARCY • SHE/HER • FRT+3
avatar dragon | projects | wishlist | skin shop
right star border nonAp0O.png
Hah... oh geez, until everyone started talking about how hard imps were to breed for I had completely forgotten that you can't get breed change scrolls for them. Oof, and I already bought a skydancer to use for breeding... Oh well, I have some extra nocturne scrolls in my hoard, so I can at least have a 50/50 chance of an imp if I find an imp parent!
Hah... oh geez, until everyone started talking about how hard imps were to breed for I had completely forgotten that you can't get breed change scrolls for them. Oof, and I already bought a skydancer to use for breeding... Oh well, I have some extra nocturne scrolls in my hoard, so I can at least have a 50/50 chance of an imp if I find an imp parent!
oh goodness, I know the pain! I outsourced one particular project to the DragonWish Foundation because ain't nobody got time for imp breeding projects.
oh goodness, I know the pain! I outsourced one particular project to the DragonWish Foundation because ain't nobody got time for imp breeding projects.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Are you trying for colors and genes? Or just colors then gening it? Either way good luck! Might I suggest using plentiful breeds until you are close, then mix in rarer breeds. It might go faster. I've never achieved a dream dragon through breeding, I just say meh close enough.
Are you trying for colors and genes? Or just colors then gening it? Either way good luck! Might I suggest using plentiful breeds until you are close, then mix in rarer breeds. It might go faster. I've never achieved a dream dragon through breeding, I just say meh close enough.
gPt7rtY.pngCHCjXcz.png