Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A fix for vial value reductions
1 2
So I don't know if it would be doable with the eye vials since they have already been added but a way to make it so both sides can be happy in the future is to make it so that when a vial is used to give a dragon a feature a symbol is put next to the eye type for example on the profile.

That way people who just want to easily get stuff for their dragon can have their fun and people who want to go through all the effort to breed for things can have theirs and have it be recognised. It would also help retain value for natural born X's.

It would also be a way for other rarer things to retain value if they were ever added again such as imperial scrolls (it will never happen but it is just an example).
So I don't know if it would be doable with the eye vials since they have already been added but a way to make it so both sides can be happy in the future is to make it so that when a vial is used to give a dragon a feature a symbol is put next to the eye type for example on the profile.

That way people who just want to easily get stuff for their dragon can have their fun and people who want to go through all the effort to breed for things can have theirs and have it be recognised. It would also help retain value for natural born X's.

It would also be a way for other rarer things to retain value if they were ever added again such as imperial scrolls (it will never happen but it is just an example).
I'm meh on this suggestion. It would be nice for the people who like natural primals, yes, but it would also kind of suck for the people who already think that their dragons are crowded with symbols. If a dragon is on a coli team, has a familiar, has a silhouette scroll, is an ancient, and has a breeding cooldown, it can already have 5 symbols. Incredibly crowded. Oh! And there's the flight symbols that I forgot about. So all of those + this would be 7 symbols

The only reason a silhouette scroll has a symbol is because it preforms a function. It exists to signal that you can change the dragons pose, no other reason. This would exist for the sole purpose of setting dragons apart from each other

A person can still go through all the effort of breeding natural eye types and be recognized for it, they just have to remember to grab a screenshot

Plus, where does it stop? Is it only special eyes that get the symbol? Or is it every dragon that's had it's eyes changed?

Anyway, like you said, I'm not sure it would be possible to implement. Thousands of dragons have already had their eyes changed, and I don't know if the site keep record of stuff like that
I'm meh on this suggestion. It would be nice for the people who like natural primals, yes, but it would also kind of suck for the people who already think that their dragons are crowded with symbols. If a dragon is on a coli team, has a familiar, has a silhouette scroll, is an ancient, and has a breeding cooldown, it can already have 5 symbols. Incredibly crowded. Oh! And there's the flight symbols that I forgot about. So all of those + this would be 7 symbols

The only reason a silhouette scroll has a symbol is because it preforms a function. It exists to signal that you can change the dragons pose, no other reason. This would exist for the sole purpose of setting dragons apart from each other

A person can still go through all the effort of breeding natural eye types and be recognized for it, they just have to remember to grab a screenshot

Plus, where does it stop? Is it only special eyes that get the symbol? Or is it every dragon that's had it's eyes changed?

Anyway, like you said, I'm not sure it would be possible to implement. Thousands of dragons have already had their eyes changed, and I don't know if the site keep record of stuff like that
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
iirc a post for this has been made before and wasn't taken well. The tldr is that people dont want their dragons to have marks that indicate that they're different from a natural born primal dragon, and I honestly agree. Not cool to make it seem like using eye vials is inferior to breeding rarer eyes instead.
iirc a post for this has been made before and wasn't taken well. The tldr is that people dont want their dragons to have marks that indicate that they're different from a natural born primal dragon, and I honestly agree. Not cool to make it seem like using eye vials is inferior to breeding rarer eyes instead.
No support. This has been fought over multiple times in the past - it would be good to use forum search to check if something has been suggested before. [quote name="AspenCrow" date="2022-03-06 03:00:09" ] Plus, where does it stop? Is it only special eyes that get the symbol? Or is it every dragon that's had it's eyes changed? [/quote] If this get's added then we need a symbol for breed and gene changes. Gotta make sure that things hatch as they are to retain value, no customization allowed or you should get singled out. Let's also add a marker for using tri-scatter scrolls, since it's also changing things up and I want my XXY dragon to be validated by the site as "better" than my XXX one that I used 1 scatter-scroll on. Why not then add a marker that one used the Boon of Fertility to hatch their nest? since these would not be "natural" hatchlings as they got hatched faster and I want my "naturally" hatched nest to show I am better at waiting.
No support.

This has been fought over multiple times in the past - it would be good to use forum search to check if something has been suggested before.
AspenCrow wrote on 2022-03-06 03:00:09:

If this get's added then we need a symbol for breed and gene changes. Gotta make sure that things hatch as they are to retain value, no customization allowed or you should get singled out.

Let's also add a marker for using tri-scatter scrolls, since it's also changing things up and I want my XXY dragon to be validated by the site as "better" than my XXX one that I used 1 scatter-scroll on.

Why not then add a marker that one used the Boon of Fertility to hatch their nest? since these would not be "natural" hatchlings as they got hatched faster and I want my "naturally" hatched nest to show I am better at waiting.
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
[quote name="SapphireLime" date="2022-03-06 03:10:05" ] iirc a post for this has been made before and wasn't taken well. The tldr is that people dont want their dragons to have marks that indicate that they're different from a natural born primal dragon, and I honestly agree. Not cool to make it seem like using eye vials is inferior to breeding rarer eyes instead. [/quote] Pretty much this. There is no mark for a natural born nocturne (or other breed of choice) vs one that is scrolled, there is no mark for dragons that were born with a gene vs not, so there is no need for a mark for a dragon being born with a particular eye vs vialed. The eye type doesn’t affect the functionality of the dragon so we don’t need to mark them just to retain some so called value to natural born eye types (especially if we are only signaling out a couple of eye types in particular) especially when they introduced eye vials to fix a mistake (there’s a reason why many players refer to the eye update as the eyepocolapse) In addition many players dislike all the symbols that already exist and you want to add another to punish players for vialing their dragons (or alternatively rewarding them for being lucky with the RNG).
SapphireLime wrote on 2022-03-06 03:10:05:
Pretty much this.

There is no mark for a natural born nocturne (or other breed of choice) vs one that is scrolled, there is no mark for dragons that were born with a gene vs not, so there is no need for a mark for a dragon being born with a particular eye vs vialed. The eye type doesn’t affect the functionality of the dragon so we don’t need to mark them just to retain some so called value to natural born eye types (especially if we are only signaling out a couple of eye types in particular) especially when they introduced eye vials to fix a mistake (there’s a reason why many players refer to the eye update as the eyepocolapse)

In addition many players dislike all the symbols that already exist and you want to add another to punish players for vialing their dragons (or alternatively rewarding them for being lucky with the RNG).
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="AspenCrow" date="2022-03-06 03:00:09" ] I'm meh on this suggestion. It would be nice for the people who like natural primals, yes, but it would also kind of suck for the people who already think that their dragons are crowded with symbols. If a dragon is on a coli team, has a familiar, has a silhouette scroll, is an ancient, and has a breeding cooldown, it can already have 5 symbols. Incredibly crowded. Oh! And there's the flight symbols that I forgot about. So all of those + this would be 7 symbols The only reason a silhouette scroll has a symbol is because it preforms a function. It exists to signal that you can change the dragons pose, no other reason. This would exist for the sole purpose of setting dragons apart from each other A person can still go through all the effort of breeding natural eye types and be recognized for it, they just have to remember to grab a screenshot Plus, where does it stop? Is it only special eyes that get the symbol? Or is it every dragon that's had it's eyes changed? Anyway, like you said, I'm not sure it would be possible to implement. Thousands of dragons have already had their eyes changed, and I don't know if the site keep record of stuff like that [/quote] Everything I wanted to say.
AspenCrow wrote on 2022-03-06 03:00:09:

Everything I wanted to say.
huge massive no support.

besides what was already mentioned, the only dragons that were of any value before the eye vials were nice matchy g1 primal eyed dragons or with rare color combinations, which make up a teeny tiny amount of the dragon market. You could literally buy primal eyed dragons for fodder prices, let's not go back to that.

also can we please stop with the whole "but buying a vial is so easy uwu"? Yeah for some people 500k treasure might be pocket change but some of us take a month or more just to save up that amount. It's not "easy" for everyone.

Edit:

Seeing some of the other replies also reminded me of something

So my custom progen Lucifer I saved up treasure to buy him multi gaze
I have another dragon a pc named Thadiel, he happened to hatch with faceted eyes.

I spend a few years to gene and dress up my progen am still waiting to give him a 700G accent (should the artist ever decide to reprint it)

While Thadiel was just rng luck because I decided to throw his parents onto a nest.

So obviously I've put way more time and effort into my progen vs Thad who I just got lucky with, if Thad got a special mark because he just happened to be hatched with special eyes I'd feel incredibly insulted

Saving up for an eye vial STILL takes effort and time, just like specifically breeding for a dragon is, and neither method should be considered "superior" over the other period

huge massive no support.

besides what was already mentioned, the only dragons that were of any value before the eye vials were nice matchy g1 primal eyed dragons or with rare color combinations, which make up a teeny tiny amount of the dragon market. You could literally buy primal eyed dragons for fodder prices, let's not go back to that.

also can we please stop with the whole "but buying a vial is so easy uwu"? Yeah for some people 500k treasure might be pocket change but some of us take a month or more just to save up that amount. It's not "easy" for everyone.

Edit:

Seeing some of the other replies also reminded me of something

So my custom progen Lucifer I saved up treasure to buy him multi gaze
I have another dragon a pc named Thadiel, he happened to hatch with faceted eyes.

I spend a few years to gene and dress up my progen am still waiting to give him a 700G accent (should the artist ever decide to reprint it)

While Thadiel was just rng luck because I decided to throw his parents onto a nest.

So obviously I've put way more time and effort into my progen vs Thad who I just got lucky with, if Thad got a special mark because he just happened to be hatched with special eyes I'd feel incredibly insulted

Saving up for an eye vial STILL takes effort and time, just like specifically breeding for a dragon is, and neither method should be considered "superior" over the other period

DVcXRyP.png
Well actually I'd like this marker (no matter add to scrolled or gave on born and remove when scrolled) but seems voice of those who are against is more important because this was already suggested just right after vials appears.
Well actually I'd like this marker (no matter add to scrolled or gave on born and remove when scrolled) but seems voice of those who are against is more important because this was already suggested just right after vials appears.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date="2022-03-06 05:20:01" ] also can we please stop with the whole "but buying a vial is so easy uwu"? Yeah for some people 500k treasure might be pocket change but some of us take a month or more just to save up that amount. It's not "easy" for everyone. [/quote] First off, this. Not everyone is good at leveling/exalting fodder (or has time for it) and not everyone is good at art/accents, which are two of the biggest ways to get a lot of money. 500kt is not pocket change, and those two items are also the most expensive treasure MP items, being 100kt more than a Skydancer scroll. Also so yes, no support. Doubt the site keeps track of that stuff, and there is no difference in functuality. It's just like marking something that was given a Bogsneak scroll, for example (even worse actually, since breed has an effect in breeding. Eye types don't.). And once again vialed primals are not inferior to natural-borns and this makes it seem that they are.
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2022-03-06 05:20:01:

First off, this. Not everyone is good at leveling/exalting fodder (or has time for it) and not everyone is good at art/accents, which are two of the biggest ways to get a lot of money. 500kt is not pocket change, and those two items are also the most expensive treasure MP items, being 100kt more than a Skydancer scroll.

Also so yes, no support.

Doubt the site keeps track of that stuff, and there is no difference in functuality. It's just like marking something that was given a Bogsneak scroll, for example (even worse actually, since breed has an effect in breeding. Eye types don't.). And once again vialed primals are not inferior to natural-borns and this makes it seem that they are.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
No support for marking some dragons as superior and some dragons as inferior. Because, regardless of intent or arguments to the contrary, in reality that is exactly what this feature would become.
No support for marking some dragons as superior and some dragons as inferior. Because, regardless of intent or arguments to the contrary, in reality that is exactly what this feature would become.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2