Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Plaguebringers reaction
I assume it would be mentioned somewhere, be it in the lore story itself or as a tidbit in the encyclopedia if 'ol Boils McOoze wasn't a fan of her OG ancients comeback

But what are your thoughts?

I was thinking about the whole "survival of the fittest" mindset and how it deals with the idea of losing.

More extreme versions of the mindset sometimes don't allow any kind of major loss (or even sometimes minor) and others view it as a stepping stone to greater victories in the future.

Some view hiding or fleeing as "cowardice" and proof of ones inability TO survive or rather, as proof they aren't fit to survive. While others view that sort of thing as a means of survival in-and-of itself.

It's been a while since I brushed up on my Plague mindset but the new Ancient got me curious peoples opinions.

Clearly, the ancient itself didn't take losing particularly well. They resorted to hiding without Plaguebringer's knowledge. Based on the story, probably because they thought she'd be disappointed that they weren't strong enough. Maybe disappointed isn't the right word but something along those lines...

But if the Plaguebringer is okay with losing and the point is to just not die - then why did they hide away from her?

Was it just their own shame? The knowledge that if they continued to fight they wouldn't survive? Was it the idea that Plaguebringer wouldn't accept them back because they lost? All of the above?

Does it matter why as long as now that they're back, they're strong enough to go beat up some grass?
I assume it would be mentioned somewhere, be it in the lore story itself or as a tidbit in the encyclopedia if 'ol Boils McOoze wasn't a fan of her OG ancients comeback

But what are your thoughts?

I was thinking about the whole "survival of the fittest" mindset and how it deals with the idea of losing.

More extreme versions of the mindset sometimes don't allow any kind of major loss (or even sometimes minor) and others view it as a stepping stone to greater victories in the future.

Some view hiding or fleeing as "cowardice" and proof of ones inability TO survive or rather, as proof they aren't fit to survive. While others view that sort of thing as a means of survival in-and-of itself.

It's been a while since I brushed up on my Plague mindset but the new Ancient got me curious peoples opinions.

Clearly, the ancient itself didn't take losing particularly well. They resorted to hiding without Plaguebringer's knowledge. Based on the story, probably because they thought she'd be disappointed that they weren't strong enough. Maybe disappointed isn't the right word but something along those lines...

But if the Plaguebringer is okay with losing and the point is to just not die - then why did they hide away from her?

Was it just their own shame? The knowledge that if they continued to fight they wouldn't survive? Was it the idea that Plaguebringer wouldn't accept them back because they lost? All of the above?

Does it matter why as long as now that they're back, they're strong enough to go beat up some grass?
IT7iTv8.png
IDC what canon winds up being—in my mind, Plaguebringer approves of any means of "survive, cheat death, love yourself" and she's so proud of her mutant gremlin children.
IDC what canon winds up being—in my mind, Plaguebringer approves of any means of "survive, cheat death, love yourself" and she's so proud of her mutant gremlin children.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
[quote name="Jhortanas" date="2022-03-02 22:57:12" ] IDC what canon winds up being—in my mind, Plaguebringer approves of any means of "survive, cheat death, love yourself" and she's so proud of her mutant gremlin children. [/quote] As long as it's not being a zombie. A full resurrection is...something, but a full resurrection gives that being another chance to adapt and survive, unlike undead beasts that are mindless and unable to adapt and survive. Basically, if you revived someone without consequences, she'd appreciate the effort, but probably get tired of it if you did it multiple times to the same person. She'd still appreciate the determination!
Jhortanas wrote on 2022-03-02 22:57:12:
As long as it's not being a zombie. A full resurrection is...something, but a full resurrection gives that being another chance to adapt and survive, unlike undead beasts that are mindless and unable to adapt and survive.

Basically, if you revived someone without consequences, she'd appreciate the effort, but probably get tired of it if you did it multiple times to the same person. She'd still appreciate the determination!
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png