Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Rare drops from venues
In an attempt to utilize my time as wisely as possible, I took two level 25 dragons and paired them with a level one dragon and have been only playing them in Harpy's Roost. I thought that way I could level up a dragon AND play enough rounds to get the Friend Budgies apparel. However, my level one dragon is now a level 23 and counting and I have still yet to receive that apparel piece. To put that in perspective for some, you only receive an average of 900 points per round (1,950 for the boss fights which are few and far between). In other words, that's a literal butt-ton of rounds won and still no budgies! Should rare drops be THAT difficult to acquire?
On a side note, anyone else notice that the Leisure Loaf looks like it ate a Swamp Wolf and the Danger Decor ate a Silt Wolf? LOL
In an attempt to utilize my time as wisely as possible, I took two level 25 dragons and paired them with a level one dragon and have been only playing them in Harpy's Roost. I thought that way I could level up a dragon AND play enough rounds to get the Friend Budgies apparel. However, my level one dragon is now a level 23 and counting and I have still yet to receive that apparel piece. To put that in perspective for some, you only receive an average of 900 points per round (1,950 for the boss fights which are few and far between). In other words, that's a literal butt-ton of rounds won and still no budgies! Should rare drops be THAT difficult to acquire?
On a side note, anyone else notice that the Leisure Loaf looks like it ate a Swamp Wolf and the Danger Decor ate a Silt Wolf? LOL
Wait until you try grinding Boreal Woods for a Coarsefur Yeti...

The problem with RNG is that it is, well, random. That means that even for an item that's relatively common, it's possible for someone to grind for hours without getting one. I had two budgies within a couple of hours; a sample size of 1 isn't really meaningful for determining how rare an item 'really' is.
Wait until you try grinding Boreal Woods for a Coarsefur Yeti...

The problem with RNG is that it is, well, random. That means that even for an item that's relatively common, it's possible for someone to grind for hours without getting one. I had two budgies within a couple of hours; a sample size of 1 isn't really meaningful for determining how rare an item 'really' is.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Not sure if there's a suggestion in here, but to answer the question: yes, rare drops should be that difficult to acquire.

You can compare with other apparel items, e.g., the Swamp Kelpie Mane. That one exclusively drops from the Mire, and currently has an AH value of 7g.
While we don't have exact drop chances, I would assume a very very similar drop rate for both the Mane and the Budgies.

When I get a Mane drop in the Mire, I'm not really excited. However, in other venues, getting the venue-exclusive item, I'm pretty excited!

If anything, I'd wish that the apparel drops present in multiple different venues were a little less common (looking at you, Nebula Starsilk Cloak and friends...) or taken out of venues with venue-specific drops (since I think they share a drop-table spot?).

So, no support if you're suggesting increasing the drop rates. Very Rare coli drops are supposed to be fun and exciting, and increasing the drop rates would remove that fun. More people grinding/longer periods of time since release will take care of the price eventually.
Not sure if there's a suggestion in here, but to answer the question: yes, rare drops should be that difficult to acquire.

You can compare with other apparel items, e.g., the Swamp Kelpie Mane. That one exclusively drops from the Mire, and currently has an AH value of 7g.
While we don't have exact drop chances, I would assume a very very similar drop rate for both the Mane and the Budgies.

When I get a Mane drop in the Mire, I'm not really excited. However, in other venues, getting the venue-exclusive item, I'm pretty excited!

If anything, I'd wish that the apparel drops present in multiple different venues were a little less common (looking at you, Nebula Starsilk Cloak and friends...) or taken out of venues with venue-specific drops (since I think they share a drop-table spot?).

So, no support if you're suggesting increasing the drop rates. Very Rare coli drops are supposed to be fun and exciting, and increasing the drop rates would remove that fun. More people grinding/longer periods of time since release will take care of the price eventually.
iSeAVDm.gif6mlt6oK.pngSNH9aOp.gif

B9L.pnglvf-7.pnglvf-9.pnglvf-1.pnglvf-6.pnglvf-5.pnglvf-3.pnglvf-2.pnglvf-4.pnglvf-10.pnglvf-8.pngB10R.png
fOHFzrA.png
I'm divided on this, leaning towards no support though.

Items with different drop rates is what i personally want for a thing like the coli. Yes, it's tedious and frustrating if that one thing you want just won't drop, but that's what makes the item special. I wouldn't have fun grinding the coli if there was nothing to achieve because everything dropped during my first few festivals.

So I understand where you're coming from, but eh, I rather don't want this.

PS: Sometimes it feels like one day is worse than another. When I grind for half an hour and i get nothing of value out of it at all i just stop and continue tomorrow. Next try has often been a better one.

I'm divided on this, leaning towards no support though.

Items with different drop rates is what i personally want for a thing like the coli. Yes, it's tedious and frustrating if that one thing you want just won't drop, but that's what makes the item special. I wouldn't have fun grinding the coli if there was nothing to achieve because everything dropped during my first few festivals.

So I understand where you're coming from, but eh, I rather don't want this.

PS: Sometimes it feels like one day is worse than another. When I grind for half an hour and i get nothing of value out of it at all i just stop and continue tomorrow. Next try has often been a better one.

You do realize I'm talking about over 1,100 rounds so far; not 30 minutes here then 30 minutes there. Hours upon hours....upon more hours, and still nothing to show for it. And yes, ceiswyn, I did grind away at trying for the Yeti, but collected enough money to buy one before it could drop. That seems to be par-for-the-course with all the bosses (except maybe the Pohips), which is understandable. I just didn't expect it to take that long for apparel drops. I suppose I'll have to buy the budgies too, but I'm not giving up yet; only two more levels to go and I'll have another maxed out fighter! So, at least there's that.
You do realize I'm talking about over 1,100 rounds so far; not 30 minutes here then 30 minutes there. Hours upon hours....upon more hours, and still nothing to show for it. And yes, ceiswyn, I did grind away at trying for the Yeti, but collected enough money to buy one before it could drop. That seems to be par-for-the-course with all the bosses (except maybe the Pohips), which is understandable. I just didn't expect it to take that long for apparel drops. I suppose I'll have to buy the budgies too, but I'm not giving up yet; only two more levels to go and I'll have another maxed out fighter! So, at least there's that.
Items being that rare helps them keep their value and keeps part of the FR economy propped even in the face of mass events like festivals, dom battles, and NotN. Because FR doesn't retire items anymore, it needs to maintain as many of this type of item as it reasonably can without driving everyone away. Gathering the mums for the Blossom gene takes a long time, getting rare items from the Coli takes a long time, and so on. No support.
Items being that rare helps them keep their value and keeps part of the FR economy propped even in the face of mass events like festivals, dom battles, and NotN. Because FR doesn't retire items anymore, it needs to maintain as many of this type of item as it reasonably can without driving everyone away. Gathering the mums for the Blossom gene takes a long time, getting rare items from the Coli takes a long time, and so on. No support.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
No support. RNG being bad occasionally is no reason to tank the value and excitement of drops. Sometimes that means you have to kill a boss 946 times to get it (thanks GW), sometimes that means you get 3 bosses in a day (less sarcastic thanks CP).

There's someone in FRD at the moment who's had multiple budgies in a day. RNG will RNG.
No support. RNG being bad occasionally is no reason to tank the value and excitement of drops. Sometimes that means you have to kill a boss 946 times to get it (thanks GW), sometimes that means you get 3 bosses in a day (less sarcastic thanks CP).

There's someone in FRD at the moment who's had multiple budgies in a day. RNG will RNG.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Pink silks from the crystal pools used to go for hundreds of gems, and last I checked it was like, 16. Given time, rare drops add up on the site, especially when they’re non-consumable, unlike eggs and Eliminates. But even some coliseum consumables have dipped very low in AH price, namely the Ancient genes. It’s all very supply-and-demand, and I don’t want to see the site intentionally hasten the devaluing of this kind of item right now
Pink silks from the crystal pools used to go for hundreds of gems, and last I checked it was like, 16. Given time, rare drops add up on the site, especially when they’re non-consumable, unlike eggs and Eliminates. But even some coliseum consumables have dipped very low in AH price, namely the Ancient genes. It’s all very supply-and-demand, and I don’t want to see the site intentionally hasten the devaluing of this kind of item right now
[quote name="AsYouWish" date="2022-01-12 09:57:28" ]You do realize I'm talking about over 1,100 rounds so far; not 30 minutes here then 30 minutes there. Hours upon hours....upon more hours, and still nothing to show for it. [/quote] So you did over 1,100 rounds and didn't get a single drop? That must be a bug. Seriously though... this is the nature of farming. If you don't get the specific item you are after, you are at least getting food, trinkets, familiars and so forth... all of which you can sell and then use those funds to buy the item you are after. The specific item you are after isn't all that old (released in November IIRC) and isn't priced all that high either (~200kt). Nothing about it needs to be changed.
AsYouWish wrote on 2022-01-12 09:57:28:
You do realize I'm talking about over 1,100 rounds so far; not 30 minutes here then 30 minutes there. Hours upon hours....upon more hours, and still nothing to show for it.
So you did over 1,100 rounds and didn't get a single drop? That must be a bug.

Seriously though... this is the nature of farming. If you don't get the specific item you are after, you are at least getting food, trinkets, familiars and so forth... all of which you can sell and then use those funds to buy the item you are after.

The specific item you are after isn't all that old (released in November IIRC) and isn't priced all that high either (~200kt).
Nothing about it needs to be changed.
ZQGfAQY.png