Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | missing items after cancelling auction
yeah so i got 2 gilded decorative chests from bonding today, put them up for auction in a stack for like a minute until i cancelled it because i decided i'd rather open them, but now they're not in my hoard at all and they weren't sold so what gives?? i sent in a report idk what i'm expecting anyone here to do, just wondering has this happened to anyone else and if so what was the outcome?
yeah so i got 2 gilded decorative chests from bonding today, put them up for auction in a stack for like a minute until i cancelled it because i decided i'd rather open them, but now they're not in my hoard at all and they weren't sold so what gives?? i sent in a report idk what i'm expecting anyone here to do, just wondering has this happened to anyone else and if so what was the outcome?
kyogre.gif
@Salazzle

Can you detail how you're checking for the chests? It might seem silly, but there isn't much else to go on. Trying to see if we can find those chests. To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any known issues with the Auction House deleting items.

Details could look something like:
  1. Going to the Hoard
  2. Going to the Other tab
  3. Typing into the search (copy+paste exact search when reporting): gilded decorative
  4. No chests show up

Alternatively, posting the web address bar when looking would let someone else see if where and how you're looking is expected to show the chests. I see my gilded decorative chests with the next link, so anyone else going there should see gilded decorative chests in their hoard (if they have any of course).

https://www1.flightrising.com/hoard/other/1?name=gilded%20decorative&sort=id_asc

Posting something like that^ and saying you don't see your chests is a good way to get someone on your side that there is a bug.

And for good measure, I would recommend checking your vault. Could check outgoing messages for attachments and check recent Crossroads trade receipts. It's quick to check this stuff, and some good faith checking and telling someone you checked is helpful (also sometimes points where the issue is).

Obviously this is a lot harder if you have/had more than those 2 gilded decorative chests, and if they were opened. Speaking of which, any unexpected familiars or apparel in your hoard?.
@Salazzle

Can you detail how you're checking for the chests? It might seem silly, but there isn't much else to go on. Trying to see if we can find those chests. To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any known issues with the Auction House deleting items.

Details could look something like:
  1. Going to the Hoard
  2. Going to the Other tab
  3. Typing into the search (copy+paste exact search when reporting): gilded decorative
  4. No chests show up

Alternatively, posting the web address bar when looking would let someone else see if where and how you're looking is expected to show the chests. I see my gilded decorative chests with the next link, so anyone else going there should see gilded decorative chests in their hoard (if they have any of course).

https://www1.flightrising.com/hoard/other/1?name=gilded%20decorative&sort=id_asc

Posting something like that^ and saying you don't see your chests is a good way to get someone on your side that there is a bug.

And for good measure, I would recommend checking your vault. Could check outgoing messages for attachments and check recent Crossroads trade receipts. It's quick to check this stuff, and some good faith checking and telling someone you checked is helpful (also sometimes points where the issue is).

Obviously this is a lot harder if you have/had more than those 2 gilded decorative chests, and if they were opened. Speaking of which, any unexpected familiars or apparel in your hoard?.
@Dagomor Hi apologies for the late reply!! yeah i checked all that stuff, sorry for not mentioning it, they're just totally gone :/ and no new familiars or apparel either. I guess I'll just wait for support to get back to me.
@Dagomor Hi apologies for the late reply!! yeah i checked all that stuff, sorry for not mentioning it, they're just totally gone :/ and no new familiars or apparel either. I guess I'll just wait for support to get back to me.
kyogre.gif
these are still missing and i still haven't gotten a response :/ kinda annoying
these are still missing and i still haven't gotten a response :/ kinda annoying
kyogre.gif
@Salazzle Responses from Contact Us tickets generally take a very long time as there is currently only three staff members whose job it is to answer those support emails. They prioritize account recovery, exploits, and harassment reports. The team has been especially flooded recently due to the large amount of hacking attempts, the flood of flair/flaunt protest tickets, and many users needing help changing to a new email address due to the new security measure. The minimum wait time to be expected for most tickets is two weeks. If you do not get a response within 14 days you are then allowed to reply to the automated email in order to "bump" your ticket.

In the meantime all you can do is double check the same troubleshooting steps as before: Auction House History, Crossroads History, Item Restoration, and Private Message History. Items often disappear due to hoards due to misclicks or hacking. PMs history can be deleted, so if it was a case of hacking that is typically the preferred method to steal items without a trace.

If a bug or evidence of hacking is found during the investigation the team will reply to you then. Investigations like this can take up to 21 days to complete. I know none of this makes it less frustrating, but there's nothing further you can do at this time.

Edit: In light of This News it may be worth sending your original ticket in a 2nd time.
@Salazzle Responses from Contact Us tickets generally take a very long time as there is currently only three staff members whose job it is to answer those support emails. They prioritize account recovery, exploits, and harassment reports. The team has been especially flooded recently due to the large amount of hacking attempts, the flood of flair/flaunt protest tickets, and many users needing help changing to a new email address due to the new security measure. The minimum wait time to be expected for most tickets is two weeks. If you do not get a response within 14 days you are then allowed to reply to the automated email in order to "bump" your ticket.

In the meantime all you can do is double check the same troubleshooting steps as before: Auction House History, Crossroads History, Item Restoration, and Private Message History. Items often disappear due to hoards due to misclicks or hacking. PMs history can be deleted, so if it was a case of hacking that is typically the preferred method to steal items without a trace.

If a bug or evidence of hacking is found during the investigation the team will reply to you then. Investigations like this can take up to 21 days to complete. I know none of this makes it less frustrating, but there's nothing further you can do at this time.

Edit: In light of This News it may be worth sending your original ticket in a 2nd time.
gMnWfUA.gif
Artist:
___ Hatchling Probability Calculator X
Data-based Money Making Guide X
Chronological Update Reference X
Cannon Lore Compendium X
___
9clB2dm.png
ei6Xo3k.png
I was about to report the same thing before I found this thread, so I'll just add my experience with the same bug here:

I had a stack of 99 Eternal Snow listed on AH for treasure, but decided that I'd rather relist it for gems instead, so went and deleted the listing.
But then when I went to relist it it wasn't in my inventory? I reloaded a few times and it wasn't there.
I checked my current listings to see if it didn't cancel for some reason, but it's not there, and I checked my activity to see if it like sold last second, and it seems that it didn't.
I checked both my vault and inventory, and festive favors to see if it'd show up anywhere in game that I have that stack, but it seems like it's just gone.

I hope that this is something that can be resolved? I'm not too worried but I'd be in shambles if it happened with a more expensive item.
I was about to report the same thing before I found this thread, so I'll just add my experience with the same bug here:

I had a stack of 99 Eternal Snow listed on AH for treasure, but decided that I'd rather relist it for gems instead, so went and deleted the listing.
But then when I went to relist it it wasn't in my inventory? I reloaded a few times and it wasn't there.
I checked my current listings to see if it didn't cancel for some reason, but it's not there, and I checked my activity to see if it like sold last second, and it seems that it didn't.
I checked both my vault and inventory, and festive favors to see if it'd show up anywhere in game that I have that stack, but it seems like it's just gone.

I hope that this is something that can be resolved? I'm not too worried but I'd be in shambles if it happened with a more expensive item.
vanilla 9pPgUXo.png he/him