Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Food shortage?
Hi there, I play FR generally casually and sometimes I forget to log in for days on end, and then my drago's go hungry - too hungry to earn food in the coliseum! Is the only way to get food aside from that by gathering or going to the auction house? I'd really rather not but if it's the only way, darn I might do that. Any food tips are welcome, I go through periods when I play more often (which is how I amassed so many dragons that I have trouble feeding them LOL) but I often forget what it takes to keep them fed and happy. My neopets are in similar condition due to my erratic ways but I do at least know how to feed them for cheap haha Also if this is somehow the wrong board my bad! I've not really posted on the forums Thank you to anyone who responds! [emoji=skydancer happy size=1]
Hi there,

I play FR generally casually and sometimes I forget to log in for days on end, and then my drago's go hungry - too hungry to earn food in the coliseum! Is the only way to get food aside from that by gathering or going to the auction house? I'd really rather not but if it's the only way, darn I might do that. Any food tips are welcome, I go through periods when I play more often (which is how I amassed so many dragons that I have trouble feeding them LOL) but I often forget what it takes to keep them fed and happy. My neopets are in similar condition due to my erratic ways but I do at least know how to feed them for cheap haha

Also if this is somehow the wrong board my bad! I've not really posted on the forums

Thank you to anyone who responds!

beeg casual
@sharpskirt
Check your flight's private forum boards to see if there's a food bank! I believe every flight has one set up.

Some foods tips:

Yes, the only way to earn food is through Gathering, the Coliseum, and the AH. There are some food items available in Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, which could help in a pinch, but food is readily available elsewhere that it's not really worth the effort.

If your dragons aren't being used for site functions (breeding, Coliseum, Familiar bonding), then put them in your Hibernal Den! They don't lose energy while in the den, however they don't contribute to your well-fed bonus, either.

Remember that dragons only need energy for three things: battling in the Coliseum (20+ energy), breeding (40+ energy), and providing you the well-fed bonus. If you don't care about those, then they can go hungry with no consequence to you.
@sharpskirt
Check your flight's private forum boards to see if there's a food bank! I believe every flight has one set up.

Some foods tips:

Yes, the only way to earn food is through Gathering, the Coliseum, and the AH. There are some food items available in Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, which could help in a pinch, but food is readily available elsewhere that it's not really worth the effort.

If your dragons aren't being used for site functions (breeding, Coliseum, Familiar bonding), then put them in your Hibernal Den! They don't lose energy while in the den, however they don't contribute to your well-fed bonus, either.

Remember that dragons only need energy for three things: battling in the Coliseum (20+ energy), breeding (40+ energy), and providing you the well-fed bonus. If you don't care about those, then they can go hungry with no consequence to you.
fo11Vhp.png
@sharpskirt Aside from getting free food from the Food Bank, you can also feed dragons individually from their bio pages. So if you want to ever go into the coli to earn more food then you only need to get enough food for one dragon!
@sharpskirt Aside from getting free food from the Food Bank, you can also feed dragons individually from their bio pages. So if you want to ever go into the coli to earn more food then you only need to get enough food for one dragon!
gMnWfUA.gif
Artist:
___ Hatchling Probability Calculator X
Data-based Money Making Guide X
Chronological Update Reference X
Cannon Lore Compendium X
___
9clB2dm.png
ei6Xo3k.png
@sharpskirt

Feed only the dragons you need to.

Use selective Feeding save your harder to get food.

Go to down arrow by your user name, account settings,feed style, selective and then set. Now when you go to feed, individually select what's fed. Hitting the top bar mimics current default setting.

Or
This function allows you to go to your battle dragons lair page and feed them individually. So you only need enough food for your team to coli.
@sharpskirt

Feed only the dragons you need to.

Use selective Feeding save your harder to get food.

Go to down arrow by your user name, account settings,feed style, selective and then set. Now when you go to feed, individually select what's fed. Hitting the top bar mimics current default setting.

Or
This function allows you to go to your battle dragons lair page and feed them individually. So you only need enough food for your team to coli.
@naeryl @bananyan @gardenparty

Thank you for the tips!! This makes a lot of sense - I didn't know what hibernal dens did or that I could individually feed.

Thanks so much!!
@naeryl @bananyan @gardenparty

Thank you for the tips!! This makes a lot of sense - I didn't know what hibernal dens did or that I could individually feed.

Thanks so much!!
beeg casual