Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | shop tabs too confusing
1 2
my friends and i constantly get confused with the marketplace, auction house, trading post, and crossroads. even the ones that have been playing for years!

it would make more sense if some of the names were switched:
marketplace > auction house
auction house > marketplace
trading post > crossroads
crossroads > trading post

i mean the "auction house" doesnt even involve an actual auction! at least it makes more sense than marketplace with the limited numbers.

but please let me know if you differ in opinion!
my friends and i constantly get confused with the marketplace, auction house, trading post, and crossroads. even the ones that have been playing for years!

it would make more sense if some of the names were switched:
marketplace > auction house
auction house > marketplace
trading post > crossroads
crossroads > trading post

i mean the "auction house" doesnt even involve an actual auction! at least it makes more sense than marketplace with the limited numbers.

but please let me know if you differ in opinion!
elliot/wyrm
they/them or he/she
No support, Sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever from the meaning of said words anway

Marketplace - is a fix spot you can buy items from (usually at the big free central space in your town)

Auction House - a place where private people can put thier belonging in to sell to others (Player to random Player selling)

Trading Post - a location where locals set up shop to sell thier goods to wanderers (or the oppesite since the Trading Post acually wanders)

Crossroads - symbolicly speaking a crossing between two roads (aka players)

Also, changing it now would confused literally everyone else who has been playing the game for over 8 years
No support, Sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever from the meaning of said words anway

Marketplace - is a fix spot you can buy items from (usually at the big free central space in your town)

Auction House - a place where private people can put thier belonging in to sell to others (Player to random Player selling)

Trading Post - a location where locals set up shop to sell thier goods to wanderers (or the oppesite since the Trading Post acually wanders)

Crossroads - symbolicly speaking a crossing between two roads (aka players)

Also, changing it now would confused literally everyone else who has been playing the game for over 8 years
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

It would be more confusing to everyone who has been playing for months/years if we changed them now. It's something you'll get used to once you've been around for a little while!
It would be more confusing to everyone who has been playing for months/years if we changed them now. It's something you'll get used to once you've been around for a little while!
The trading post isn't a crossroads it is more like a cul-de-sac and it travels. The crossroads makes sense from a dragon's perspective because they travel from one clan to another.

Auction house makes more sense for a market where prices vary than fixed prices. The marketplace is official prices, the auction house you're really bidding backwards by trying to be the best price for the buyer.
The trading post isn't a crossroads it is more like a cul-de-sac and it travels. The crossroads makes sense from a dragon's perspective because they travel from one clan to another.

Auction house makes more sense for a market where prices vary than fixed prices. The marketplace is official prices, the auction house you're really bidding backwards by trying to be the best price for the buyer.
Well, I do agree what Trading post and Crossroads are strangely named, because that old art of Trading post was literally Crossroads while actual Crossroads is basically.. a Trading post, lol
But changing their names after all those years aren’t really good idea because every not new players would be terribly confused...
Well, I do agree what Trading post and Crossroads are strangely named, because that old art of Trading post was literally Crossroads while actual Crossroads is basically.. a Trading post, lol
But changing their names after all those years aren’t really good idea because every not new players would be terribly confused...
Ab4m6.gifMXGSN.gift77iH.gifRVcwM.gife4m9m.gif
While I agree with the 'auctionhouse' bit , as it isn't an actual auction, but no support.

Marketplace: a place to go where you can buy things. Typically fixed prices, sometimes has sales, and usually has a variety of things being sold.

Trading post: a place where multiple people will set up shop, usually at a crossroads to get more people passing by. These can be people trading items, or people with little carnival games, or various other people like those. Trading posts are actually a real life thing and many towns in the US at least started out as trading posts at key points in various trails on various roads.

Crossroads: a time in a dragons life when they have to make a decision on whether to stay with their original clan, or head out to another clan. Not a literal crossroads.
While I agree with the 'auctionhouse' bit , as it isn't an actual auction, but no support.

Marketplace: a place to go where you can buy things. Typically fixed prices, sometimes has sales, and usually has a variety of things being sold.

Trading post: a place where multiple people will set up shop, usually at a crossroads to get more people passing by. These can be people trading items, or people with little carnival games, or various other people like those. Trading posts are actually a real life thing and many towns in the US at least started out as trading posts at key points in various trails on various roads.

Crossroads: a time in a dragons life when they have to make a decision on whether to stay with their original clan, or head out to another clan. Not a literal crossroads.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I could see the AH deserving a more accurate name (but what would it be?) but the rest make perfect sense. Changing any of them would result in more confusion than ours at this point though. [quote name="MorganDanwell" date="2021-06-19 10:28:58" ] Well, I do agree what Trading post and Crossroads are strangely named, because that old art of Trading post was literally Crossroads while actual Crossroads is basically.. a Trading post, lol But changing their names after all those years aren’t really good idea because every not new players would be terribly confused... [/quote] The old art was only a crossroads if you consider a single floor shopping centre a crossroads lmao. It was a single dead end road with a bunch of shop entrances on. A trading post is a mass of both buyers and sellers - a private trade between two players is not.
I could see the AH deserving a more accurate name (but what would it be?) but the rest make perfect sense. Changing any of them would result in more confusion than ours at this point though.
MorganDanwell wrote on 2021-06-19 10:28:58:

The old art was only a crossroads if you consider a single floor shopping centre a crossroads lmao. It was a single dead end road with a bunch of shop entrances on.

A trading post is a mass of both buyers and sellers - a private trade between two players is not.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="Vendrus" date="2021-06-19 10:42:28" ] I could see the AH deserving a more accurate name (but what would it be?) but the rest make perfect sense. Changing any of them would result in more confusion than ours at this point though. [quote name="MorganDanwell" date="2021-06-19 10:28:58" ] Well, I do agree what Trading post and Crossroads are strangely named, because that old art of Trading post was literally Crossroads while actual Crossroads is basically.. a Trading post, lol But changing their names after all those years aren’t really good idea because every not new players would be terribly confused... [/quote] The old art was only a crossroads if you consider a single floor shopping centre a crossroads lmao. It was a single dead end road with a bunch of shop entrances on. A trading post is a mass of both buyers and sellers - a private trade between two players is not. [/quote] Also, as I pointed out, real life trading posts usually set up at various cross roads because they would get patronage from people going in four directions instead of just two (fictional ones usually have this set up as well).
Vendrus wrote on 2021-06-19 10:42:28:
I could see the AH deserving a more accurate name (but what would it be?) but the rest make perfect sense. Changing any of them would result in more confusion than ours at this point though.
MorganDanwell wrote on 2021-06-19 10:28:58:

The old art was only a crossroads if you consider a single floor shopping centre a crossroads lmao. It was a single dead end road with a bunch of shop entrances on.

A trading post is a mass of both buyers and sellers - a private trade between two players is not.
Also, as I pointed out, real life trading posts usually set up at various cross roads because they would get patronage from people going in four directions instead of just two (fictional ones usually have this set up as well).

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support. Maybe if FR was only a few months old, or a year old, I might support it. But to change it now wouldn’t be a good idea. I also like how wittykitsune explained why the things are named the way they are, quite good.
No support. Maybe if FR was only a few months old, or a year old, I might support it. But to change it now wouldn’t be a good idea. I also like how wittykitsune explained why the things are named the way they are, quite good.
1xcX4j2.gif
They're a bit confusing, but a mass change of names would be even more confusing. It took a while to identify all the breed names (does Gaoler have a hard g?, I think Guardians look more imperial than the Imps, etc), genes take some time to learn. It's all part of the culture of this place and changing any of it would create chaos.
They're a bit confusing, but a mass change of names would be even more confusing. It took a while to identify all the breed names (does Gaoler have a hard g?, I think Guardians look more imperial than the Imps, etc), genes take some time to learn. It's all part of the culture of this place and changing any of it would create chaos.
tumblr_n44y4ljVaJ1qiizr1o3_r1_400.gif
1 2