Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Boon of adoption?
1 2
So i know that many people wanted dragons to be able to have eggs with dragons of the same sex, so i thought that maybe there could be boon of adoption? So basically, it lets a dragon adopt any dragon thats under five days old (still a hatchling) and it would show in the dragon bio. It would probably be kind of rare, im not entirely sure.
Just thought that maybe it could be a good addition to the site :D
So i know that many people wanted dragons to be able to have eggs with dragons of the same sex, so i thought that maybe there could be boon of adoption? So basically, it lets a dragon adopt any dragon thats under five days old (still a hatchling) and it would show in the dragon bio. It would probably be kind of rare, im not entirely sure.
Just thought that maybe it could be a good addition to the site :D
ACD600-C4-CEF7-4212-AE84-5-EB13-B77-DF56.png
What do you imagine this Boon doing, as regards gameplay?

Two dragons of the same sex can already be defined as a couple in lore, and be declared the adoptive parents of a hatchling. Players can write whatever they like about their dragons' relationships and family structure.

So what extra functionality would your suggested Boon have?

Two dragons of the same sex can already be defined as a couple in lore, and be declared the adoptive parents of a hatchling. Players can write whatever they like about their dragons' relationships and family structure.

tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
[quote name="@LuminAgricola" date="2021-02-28 02:40:58" ] What do you imagine this Boon doing, as regards gameplay? Two dragons of the same sex can already be defined as a couple in lore, and be declared the adoptive parents of a hatchling. Players can write whatever they like about their dragons' relationships and family structure. So what extra functionality would your suggested Boon have? [/quote] I think they mean the hatchling showing up in the offspring section and in some way having the two parents show up somehow on the hatchlings' lineage profile. I do think op should show some kind of mockup or specification of how exactly they imagine this looking as this is a vague suggestion at best, but in any case I would say no support as I've never seen demand for it and it would be the kind of update that makes you say: ....okay. I guess. why. Honestly I'd be worried about accessing biological parents' pages. I think it's easy to forget this is a breeding game.
@LuminAgricola wrote on 2021-02-28 02:40:58:

I think they mean the hatchling showing up in the offspring section and in some way having the two parents show up somehow on the hatchlings' lineage profile. I do think op should show some kind of mockup or specification of how exactly they imagine this looking as this is a vague suggestion at best, but in any case I would say no support as I've never seen demand for it and it would be the kind of update that makes you say: ....okay. I guess. why. Honestly I'd be worried about accessing biological parents' pages. I think it's easy to forget this is a breeding game.
tOaCdAC.png2IQhSQn.png
Hm,

Yeah, the main issue here would be overwriting (?) the real parents? I usually just use the bio for this sort of thing. Then it doesn't have any limitations like age, gender, amount of parents, etc
Hm,

Yeah, the main issue here would be overwriting (?) the real parents? I usually just use the bio for this sort of thing. Then it doesn't have any limitations like age, gender, amount of parents, etc
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
I see this brought up fairly often, and unfortunately there are a few too many downsides for me to really support it.

One of the reasons why most people feel that same sex couples aren't feasible is how the site handles the lineage information, in that it may require a male and a female dragon because it puts the males first and females second.

This would still have that same downside, where it would still have to deal with two male or two female parents.

I also worry about the issue mentioned above, with the actual parents. Would they be listed on the adopted dragons' lineages, or would they be overwritten by the adoptive parents? Would this only affect the adoptive parents' information?

Instead, What if there were some sort of little button that could be pressed to get some formatted text, like the widgets, that could be placed in bios, that says 'XXX adopted on XX/YY/ZZZZ' so that people could put that in the bios of the dragons they want. It would be pretty much the same as doing it yourself, but you get a little bit of formatting and the date.

Perhaps there can also be something that could be stuck in the adoptive child's bio that says 'adopted by XX on XX/YY/ZZZZ'

I don't know, just thought htis up, so it probably isn't a really good idea....
I see this brought up fairly often, and unfortunately there are a few too many downsides for me to really support it.

One of the reasons why most people feel that same sex couples aren't feasible is how the site handles the lineage information, in that it may require a male and a female dragon because it puts the males first and females second.

This would still have that same downside, where it would still have to deal with two male or two female parents.

I also worry about the issue mentioned above, with the actual parents. Would they be listed on the adopted dragons' lineages, or would they be overwritten by the adoptive parents? Would this only affect the adoptive parents' information?

Instead, What if there were some sort of little button that could be pressed to get some formatted text, like the widgets, that could be placed in bios, that says 'XXX adopted on XX/YY/ZZZZ' so that people could put that in the bios of the dragons they want. It would be pretty much the same as doing it yourself, but you get a little bit of formatting and the date.

Perhaps there can also be something that could be stuck in the adoptive child's bio that says 'adopted by XX on XX/YY/ZZZZ'

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
believe me when I say the majority of the site wants same sex dragon nesting or something! (Including me I guess?)

It just doesn't work in coding and stuff I'm sorry

Edit: but what if they can code a new ancient that can breed with same sex? I'm not sure what their code looks like so idk
believe me when I say the majority of the site wants same sex dragon nesting or something! (Including me I guess?)

It just doesn't work in coding and stuff I'm sorry

Edit: but what if they can code a new ancient that can breed with same sex? I'm not sure what their code looks like so idk
It'd be nice lore-wise, indeed. Maybe it should be applicable only to unbred G1 dragons (you can "assign" the offspring to the dragons then, and it won't break any lines that way) and only if the adopted parents aren't related and technically could be bred if they had different gender. This G1 would become a regular dragon then and would be able to be bred after that with all dragons unrelated to its parents.

Upd: it also should be applicable for the regular breeding pairs too, so that any g1 could be adopted by any pair, regardless of the parents' gender.
It'd be nice lore-wise, indeed. Maybe it should be applicable only to unbred G1 dragons (you can "assign" the offspring to the dragons then, and it won't break any lines that way) and only if the adopted parents aren't related and technically could be bred if they had different gender. This G1 would become a regular dragon then and would be able to be bred after that with all dragons unrelated to its parents.

Upd: it also should be applicable for the regular breeding pairs too, so that any g1 could be adopted by any pair, regardless of the parents' gender.
If this rewrites the parents, no support, as that could mess up other players' breeding pairs by relating dragons that were previously unrelated.

It seems unneeded when we have the bio box to put in things like adoption.

(Also, would this only work on male/male and female/female pairs? Why can't a female/male pair also adopt?)
If this rewrites the parents, no support, as that could mess up other players' breeding pairs by relating dragons that were previously unrelated.

(Also, would this only work on male/male and female/female pairs? Why can't a female/male pair also adopt?)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2021-02-28 08:00:58" ] If this rewrites the parents, no support, as that could mess up other players' breeding pairs by relating dragons that were previously unrelated. It seems unneeded when we have the bio box to put in things like adoption. (Also, would this only work on male/male and female/female pairs? Why can't a female/male pair also adopt?) [/quote] I meant any dragon in general that wants to adopt, so no worries. You do bring up a valid point about overwritting the original parents. No i should have clarified, that it wont overwrite the original parents. I was thinking that it would show the original parents, and then the adoptive parents. Im not really familliar with code and stuff, but if it will mess with the site code, then maybe its better without it.
gemajgall wrote on 2021-02-28 08:00:58:

I meant any dragon in general that wants to adopt, so no worries.
You do bring up a valid point about overwritting the original parents. No i should have clarified, that it wont overwrite the original parents. I was thinking that it would show the original parents, and then the adoptive parents.
Im not really familliar with code and stuff, but if it will mess with the site code, then maybe its better without it.
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-02-28 06:59:14" ] I see this brought up fairly often, and unfortunately there are a few too many downsides for me to really support it. One of the reasons why most people feel that same sex couples aren't feasible is how the site handles the lineage information, in that it may require a male and a female dragon because it puts the males first and females second. This would still have that same downside, where it would still have to deal with two male or two female parents. I also worry about the issue mentioned above, with the actual parents. Would they be listed on the adopted dragons' lineages, or would they be overwritten by the adoptive parents? Would this only affect the adoptive parents' information? Instead, What if there were some sort of little button that could be pressed to get some formatted text, like the widgets, that could be placed in bios, that says 'XXX adopted on XX/YY/ZZZZ' so that people could put that in the bios of the dragons they want. It would be pretty much the same as doing it yourself, but you get a little bit of formatting and the date. Perhaps there can also be something that could be stuck in the adoptive child's bio that says 'adopted by XX on XX/YY/ZZZZ' I don't know, just thought htis up, so it probably isn't a really good idea.... [/quote] This is a good idea! Like an adoption certificate?
Jemadar wrote on 2021-02-28 06:59:14:

This is a good idea! Like an adoption certificate?
1 2