Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Castlevania
Hello! I wasn't sure if there was already a thread for this, or at least an active one, so I figured I'd make one for Castlevania discussion! [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/15/Castlevania_logo.png/1200px-Castlevania_logo.png[/img] I got into the series earlier this year because of the netflix show, and recently got into playing some of the older games from the franchise! I realize the franchise is pretty dead at this point in time, which makes me sad to get into it so so late, but I have such a fondness for it I gotta talk about it. Plus this would be a nice way to meet some fellow fans!! [i]So[/i], what's your favorite game(s) in the series? Your favorite character(s)? Have you seen the Netflix series? My favorite game right now is Symphony of the Night, even though I keep getting lost lol! My favorite characters are a good chunk of the cast from the animated series, specifically; Dracula, Alucard, Sypha, Trevor, Isaac, Hector and Saint Germaine. From the games, I think Alucard and Dracula are my favorites.. Symphony of the night really won me over with its cheesy voice acting.
Hello! I wasn't sure if there was already a thread for this, or at least an active one, so I figured I'd make one for Castlevania discussion!

1200px-Castlevania_logo.png

I got into the series earlier this year because of the netflix show, and recently got into playing some of the older games from the franchise! I realize the franchise is pretty dead at this point in time, which makes me sad to get into it so so late, but I have such a fondness for it I gotta talk about it.
Plus this would be a nice way to meet some fellow fans!!

So, what's your favorite game(s) in the series? Your favorite character(s)? Have you seen the Netflix series?

My favorite game right now is Symphony of the Night, even though I keep getting lost lol! My favorite characters are a good chunk of the cast from the animated series, specifically; Dracula, Alucard, Sypha, Trevor, Isaac, Hector and Saint Germaine. From the games, I think Alucard and Dracula are my favorites.. Symphony of the night really won me over with its cheesy voice acting.
@Gonzabas
Castlevania fan? Another Castlevania fan!

If I had to pick a favourite game, it would probably be Rondo of Blood, as well as its remakes Dracula X and The Dracula X Chronicles. I also like Harmony of Dissonance, too! I think it's one of the less-appreciated Castlevania titles and more people should give it a try.
In general, I like most of the characters found in the games, but I do have a soft spot for Richter and Soma. Juste, too.
I've seen the Netflix series, and rewatched seasons 1 and 2 numerous times and absolutely LOVED them. Season 3 left me with a lot of mixed feelings.

Symphony of the Night's top tier cheesy voice acting makes the game so memorable. The weird echo to the characters' voices, the varying quality - everything about it is funny. Plus the music for SotN is incredible. It's a shame that they didn't keep the cheesy lines and voice acting for the PS4 and PSP ports of Symphony of the Night.

It's sad that the Castlevania franchise is basically dead, it still has a lot of potential, especially with the graphics we can have these days. There's a mobile gacha game for the franchise but it's got pretty limited availability.
@Gonzabas
Castlevania fan? Another Castlevania fan!

If I had to pick a favourite game, it would probably be Rondo of Blood, as well as its remakes Dracula X and The Dracula X Chronicles. I also like Harmony of Dissonance, too! I think it's one of the less-appreciated Castlevania titles and more people should give it a try.
In general, I like most of the characters found in the games, but I do have a soft spot for Richter and Soma. Juste, too.
I've seen the Netflix series, and rewatched seasons 1 and 2 numerous times and absolutely LOVED them. Season 3 left me with a lot of mixed feelings.

Symphony of the Night's top tier cheesy voice acting makes the game so memorable. The weird echo to the characters' voices, the varying quality - everything about it is funny. Plus the music for SotN is incredible. It's a shame that they didn't keep the cheesy lines and voice acting for the PS4 and PSP ports of Symphony of the Night.

It's sad that the Castlevania franchise is basically dead, it still has a lot of potential, especially with the graphics we can have these days. There's a mobile gacha game for the franchise but it's got pretty limited availability.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
Ah yes finally a Castlevania thread!

I absolutely adore the series, especially the art and got into it when I got Lords of Shadow (granted not my favorite title in the series but hey it kick started it)

My favorite game as of right now has to be Symphony Of The Night, I love the music and the cheesy voice acting lol. And for characters I really like Richter, he's just great (and one of my smash mains)

Like the above, I wish the series wasn't dead (besides the netflix series), the least they could do is port the games to the switch or something (bc buying the original games and having to find the consoles for them sucks, takes forever and can be pretty expensive I don't recommend it)
Ah yes finally a Castlevania thread!

I absolutely adore the series, especially the art and got into it when I got Lords of Shadow (granted not my favorite title in the series but hey it kick started it)

My favorite game as of right now has to be Symphony Of The Night, I love the music and the cheesy voice acting lol. And for characters I really like Richter, he's just great (and one of my smash mains)

Like the above, I wish the series wasn't dead (besides the netflix series), the least they could do is port the games to the switch or something (bc buying the original games and having to find the consoles for them sucks, takes forever and can be pretty expensive I don't recommend it)
ComicFury
Webtoon
Insta
WeH76wq.png
@Alvis
I've never played Rondo of Blood or its remakes but I honestly want to, I love Richter's look in those games! I need add these to my list of CV games to play, along with HOD, I'm always looking for more games to try.
OH SAME, I love the first two seasons of the show so so much, season 3 had parts I enjoyed (Isaac's arc) but the rest was like a punch to the gut. :'c Hoping when season 4 airs it gets better..?

I KNOW, I'm sad I got into this series so late in its run, I wish there was more or at least something new.. Gacha game? Was is Grimoire of Souls, or that newer one in the works Moonlight Rhapsody?

@Lasaga
I've heard about Lords of Shadow! A friend recommended it to me, so that's another one I'm gonna put on my list. I hear it's a reboot or something, but it looks pretty interesting.

Symphony of the Night has so many fans, I've noticed and for all the right reasons! :"D
Richter is an absolute cutie, and if I wasn't so smitten with Dracula he'd probably be my fave instead.

I really wish they'd port more of the games to the Switch, as I don't have any other newer systems, which has ports of SOTN and other games I'm missing out on. :c And boy do I know it, call me a fool but I actually dropped quite a bit of money on a PS1 copy of SOTN just so I could play it (I can't figure out PS1 emus ;~; ).
@Alvis
I've never played Rondo of Blood or its remakes but I honestly want to, I love Richter's look in those games! I need add these to my list of CV games to play, along with HOD, I'm always looking for more games to try.
OH SAME, I love the first two seasons of the show so so much, season 3 had parts I enjoyed (Isaac's arc) but the rest was like a punch to the gut. :'c Hoping when season 4 airs it gets better..?

I KNOW, I'm sad I got into this series so late in its run, I wish there was more or at least something new.. Gacha game? Was is Grimoire of Souls, or that newer one in the works Moonlight Rhapsody?

@Lasaga
I've heard about Lords of Shadow! A friend recommended it to me, so that's another one I'm gonna put on my list. I hear it's a reboot or something, but it looks pretty interesting.

Symphony of the Night has so many fans, I've noticed and for all the right reasons! :"D
Richter is an absolute cutie, and if I wasn't so smitten with Dracula he'd probably be my fave instead.

I really wish they'd port more of the games to the Switch, as I don't have any other newer systems, which has ports of SOTN and other games I'm missing out on. :c And boy do I know it, call me a fool but I actually dropped quite a bit of money on a PS1 copy of SOTN just so I could play it (I can't figure out PS1 emus ;~; ).
@Gonzabas
If you have a 3DS, you can get Rondo of Blood's remake for the virtual console for only a few dollars.
Yeah. Some parts of Season 3 were fantastic (mostly just Isaac's arc plus some classic Trevor and Sypha moments) while the others just made me want to cry. Hopefully season 4 is a lot better.

Grimoire of Souls is the one I'm referring to. It's only in Canada, for some weird reason. And support for the game is going to be discontinued in a month, which is a shame. :( Moonlight Rhapsody looks absolutely GORGEOUS, I'd love to play it when it releases.

Also, how much did you pay for that copy of SotN? I've seen how much they sell for and man, it's ridiculously high.
@Gonzabas
If you have a 3DS, you can get Rondo of Blood's remake for the virtual console for only a few dollars.
Yeah. Some parts of Season 3 were fantastic (mostly just Isaac's arc plus some classic Trevor and Sypha moments) while the others just made me want to cry. Hopefully season 4 is a lot better.

Grimoire of Souls is the one I'm referring to. It's only in Canada, for some weird reason. And support for the game is going to be discontinued in a month, which is a shame. :( Moonlight Rhapsody looks absolutely GORGEOUS, I'd love to play it when it releases.

Also, how much did you pay for that copy of SotN? I've seen how much they sell for and man, it's ridiculously high.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
@Gonzabas Yeah it's pretty fun, and you can get it on steam! (I recommend playing with a controller if that's possible since keyboard is kinda clunky, if that makes sense)

Dracula is pretty hot ngl,,,

Oh YEAh SAME, I actually got a PS1 at a reasonable price, but I had to pay a l o t to get sotn. It was worth it tho, but the downside is this PS1's sound is kinda messed up, so you can hear everything perfectly but the music is kinda,,,broken (you can still hear it but it kinda cuts out and what not)
@Gonzabas Yeah it's pretty fun, and you can get it on steam! (I recommend playing with a controller if that's possible since keyboard is kinda clunky, if that makes sense)

Dracula is pretty hot ngl,,,

Oh YEAh SAME, I actually got a PS1 at a reasonable price, but I had to pay a l o t to get sotn. It was worth it tho, but the downside is this PS1's sound is kinda messed up, so you can hear everything perfectly but the music is kinda,,,broken (you can still hear it but it kinda cuts out and what not)
ComicFury
Webtoon
Insta
WeH76wq.png
I've only played Lords of Shadow and seen the Netflix stuff(both are great!). I love LoS though--it's appropriately over the top, and I just...Gabriel Gabe's head is sooooo tiny roflll, I die laughing every time I see his handsome face on top of his GIGANTIC shoulders omg
I've only played Lords of Shadow and seen the Netflix stuff(both are great!). I love LoS though--it's appropriately over the top, and I just...Gabriel Gabe's head is sooooo tiny roflll, I die laughing every time I see his handsome face on top of his GIGANTIC shoulders omg
chocomint-by-ratvork-small.pngfr-sigbetween.pngfr-sigbetween.pngfr-sigbetween.pngChocomint-small-by-Mr-Deer.pngFrostfang-small-by-Mr-Deer.png
havent played any of the games but i looove the netflix series

alucard,,,,, [insert heart emojis here]
havent played any of the games but i looove the netflix series

alucard,,,,, [insert heart emojis here]
bruh
@Gonzabas

Ohhh woow??? Actually a Castlevania thread? xD

Yes the fandom is pretty much dead, I'm probably one of the few players still keeping castlevania fandergs.

Favorite Game:
-Gameplay wise, Portrait of Ruin definitely, it's just the most flawless map and quest system ever made. In terms of art (background map art I mean) and music, probably Symphony of the Night, though I love Portrait of Ruin's versatile maps a lot too. As for character art, anything from Kojima Ayami is good. (And talking about music alone, Curse of Darkness's soundtrack is pretty awesome next to SotN's).

Favorite characters:
-Juste Belmont and Trevor Belmont (Curse of Darkness one!) are absolute favorites, other ones I love a lot include Charlotte Aulin, Lydie Erlanger, Yoko Belnandes, Jonathan Morris, Eric Lecarde.... I also like Isaac Laforeze (the game one!), Joachim Armster, and probably Walter Bernhard a lot.

Netflix show:
-....sorry I hated it, massive OOC for pretty much every character shown on there, maybe except for Sypha. I do appreciate they used lots of the game arts (monster designs and such) as a nostalgic touch though. Anyways I watched the whole three seasons even though I did not like it, it's just all I could have out of a pretty dead franchise. x_x

Edit:
And yes, loved Bloodstained.
@Gonzabas

Ohhh woow??? Actually a Castlevania thread? xD

Yes the fandom is pretty much dead, I'm probably one of the few players still keeping castlevania fandergs.

Favorite Game:
-Gameplay wise, Portrait of Ruin definitely, it's just the most flawless map and quest system ever made. In terms of art (background map art I mean) and music, probably Symphony of the Night, though I love Portrait of Ruin's versatile maps a lot too. As for character art, anything from Kojima Ayami is good. (And talking about music alone, Curse of Darkness's soundtrack is pretty awesome next to SotN's).

Favorite characters:
-Juste Belmont and Trevor Belmont (Curse of Darkness one!) are absolute favorites, other ones I love a lot include Charlotte Aulin, Lydie Erlanger, Yoko Belnandes, Jonathan Morris, Eric Lecarde.... I also like Isaac Laforeze (the game one!), Joachim Armster, and probably Walter Bernhard a lot.

Netflix show:
-....sorry I hated it, massive OOC for pretty much every character shown on there, maybe except for Sypha. I do appreciate they used lots of the game arts (monster designs and such) as a nostalgic touch though. Anyways I watched the whole three seasons even though I did not like it, it's just all I could have out of a pretty dead franchise. x_x

Edit:
And yes, loved Bloodstained.