Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | www1 page caching issue?
So, I have several pages in a bookmarks folder so I can just right-click it and 'open all in tabs' to go through my dailies. For some of them this works fine; for a few, nine times out of ten it shows the page as it was last time I loaded it, and I have to refresh to get the new day's page.

Works fine:
  • Hatchery
  • Gathering
  • Pinkerton
  • Tomo

Needs refresh:
  • Fiona
  • Dev Tracker
  • AH 'expired' page

I think this lines up with it being a www1 vs www issue, but I haven't entirely checked.

I did recently switch to Firefox, and I don't think it was doing it before, on Vivaldi (a Chrome variant), so that's probably related. (It could also be a new addon that's affecting it, I'll try to remember to do my dailies in private mode tomorrow.) Navigating by clicking links in the sidebar seems to work fine; I haven't noticed this issue in any context other than opening these particular pages in this particular way.
So, I have several pages in a bookmarks folder so I can just right-click it and 'open all in tabs' to go through my dailies. For some of them this works fine; for a few, nine times out of ten it shows the page as it was last time I loaded it, and I have to refresh to get the new day's page.

Works fine:
  • Hatchery
  • Gathering
  • Pinkerton
  • Tomo

Needs refresh:
  • Fiona
  • Dev Tracker
  • AH 'expired' page

I think this lines up with it being a www1 vs www issue, but I haven't entirely checked.

I did recently switch to Firefox, and I don't think it was doing it before, on Vivaldi (a Chrome variant), so that's probably related. (It could also be a new addon that's affecting it, I'll try to remember to do my dailies in private mode tomorrow.) Navigating by clicking links in the sidebar seems to work fine; I haven't noticed this issue in any context other than opening these particular pages in this particular way.
We're made of rock, but we're the biggest softies of all. XIvT0rs.png
@AdeleneDawner afaik websites have zero control over how your browser handles cached information, and i am not experiencing anything like this with bookmarks. i think it might be because you are opening many tabs at once, and the browser is relying on cached information rather than downloading fresh information. or it might be some browser setting, or it might just be just that the browser is intended to prefer cached information.
@AdeleneDawner afaik websites have zero control over how your browser handles cached information, and i am not experiencing anything like this with bookmarks. i think it might be because you are opening many tabs at once, and the browser is relying on cached information rather than downloading fresh information. or it might be some browser setting, or it might just be just that the browser is intended to prefer cached information.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
@Ralzakark

If it was entirely my browser preferring cached data I'd expect to see problems with the other pages at least sometimes, though? I suppose it might be about pages being earlier vs. later in the list; I'll reorder them and see if that does anything.
@Ralzakark

If it was entirely my browser preferring cached data I'd expect to see problems with the other pages at least sometimes, though? I suppose it might be about pages being earlier vs. later in the list; I'll reorder them and see if that does anything.
We're made of rock, but we're the biggest softies of all. XIvT0rs.png