Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What Flight Do You Suggest And Why?
1 2
I've been thinking about changing my elemental flight because I feel that Wind doesn't suit me. Which Flight do you suggest and why?
I've been thinking about changing my elemental flight because I feel that Wind doesn't suit me. Which Flight do you suggest and why?
Lightning. We have one of the best eye colors, a very cool looking deity, and we have an IFR for dom every month! I don't use the Lightning forums, so I can't tell you how active we are, but I've heard from other members that we have a pretty active discord server. We also have a great aesthetic and really good lore. There are all sorts of lore starters you could go with. A clan of inventors, a group of co-workers living in the tempest spire, a gang of adventurers exploring the carrion canyon, the possibilities are endless!
Lightning. We have one of the best eye colors, a very cool looking deity, and we have an IFR for dom every month! I don't use the Lightning forums, so I can't tell you how active we are, but I've heard from other members that we have a pretty active discord server. We also have a great aesthetic and really good lore. There are all sorts of lore starters you could go with. A clan of inventors, a group of co-workers living in the tempest spire, a gang of adventurers exploring the carrion canyon, the possibilities are endless!
sLLHsT5.png s6VThCi.png
|| he/him ||| FR+3 ||
YQ9zE2d.gif
xUhfJLj.gif
week-4-100.png
honestly? whichever one you feel suits you the most. read up on the bounty of the elements a bit, decide which flight you most like the feel of. if you can't decide, really? at the end of it all, go with your gut. i changed after realising shadow didn't suit me, and by instinct went to plague. haven't regretted a moment.
honestly? whichever one you feel suits you the most. read up on the bounty of the elements a bit, decide which flight you most like the feel of. if you can't decide, really? at the end of it all, go with your gut. i changed after realising shadow didn't suit me, and by instinct went to plague. haven't regretted a moment.
In my opinion, you should take the one with the eye colours you like most. Because if you don't interact with the flight, that will be what changes and what matters!
Like, I love Nature OK. But Nature eyes are way too dark for me to like, so I wouldn't change to it cause it just doesn't look good to me.

And I think whatever fits your lair theme best is also important. If you have a lair full of flowery dragons, it'd be weird to change to being an Ice lair right?
In my opinion, you should take the one with the eye colours you like most. Because if you don't interact with the flight, that will be what changes and what matters!
Like, I love Nature OK. But Nature eyes are way too dark for me to like, so I wouldn't change to it cause it just doesn't look good to me.

And I think whatever fits your lair theme best is also important. If you have a lair full of flowery dragons, it'd be weird to change to being an Ice lair right?
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I used to be in Wind as well for quite a while, actually - three and a half years! Then I moved to Fire because even though I felt like Wind fit me at the time, my interests had changed by the end.

There's a lot of factors to consider when switching flights - which aesthetics appeal to you the most? Eye colors? Lore? Dom activity? It's a big shift, so there's no harm in taking your time with it!
I used to be in Wind as well for quite a while, actually - three and a half years! Then I moved to Fire because even though I felt like Wind fit me at the time, my interests had changed by the end.

There's a lot of factors to consider when switching flights - which aesthetics appeal to you the most? Eye colors? Lore? Dom activity? It's a big shift, so there's no harm in taking your time with it!
latest?cb=20140703135024.png
⊗ Max
⊗ 23
⊗xe/they
⊗ fr +2

sNd5wqe.png hphjQR4.png
89NiKF4.png COSMOSIS_tiny_sepia_logo.png EDjLhcC.png egg_fire_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dabjwuf.gifuD7taRL.png
kCHWEjf.png6dnHKBv.png
When I switched flights this year, I started by ruling out all the flights I wasn't interested in in terms of lore and general aesthetic. I picked from those by considering two things:
  • Eyes. Pick a flight with eyes you like. Go to Forsee Progeny and put in a few of your breeding pairs and switch the hatchlings' eyes to whatever flight you're considering. If they don't clash, you're good.
  • Lair Background. Make sure you can live with the lair background. You'll be seeing it a lot, and it'll be best if it's something you like. Part of why I switched to Shadow is because of the darker lair background.

(I switched from Arcane to Shadow, and I'm pretty happy with my choice, although I'd like to check out a few other flights, too.)
When I switched flights this year, I started by ruling out all the flights I wasn't interested in in terms of lore and general aesthetic. I picked from those by considering two things:
  • Eyes. Pick a flight with eyes you like. Go to Forsee Progeny and put in a few of your breeding pairs and switch the hatchlings' eyes to whatever flight you're considering. If they don't clash, you're good.
  • Lair Background. Make sure you can live with the lair background. You'll be seeing it a lot, and it'll be best if it's something you like. Part of why I switched to Shadow is because of the darker lair background.

(I switched from Arcane to Shadow, and I'm pretty happy with my choice, although I'd like to check out a few other flights, too.)
HQsa6bD.png FR + 1 fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png
they/them
INTP
True Neutral

(I like to chill.)
14.png
UugYXap.png
If you're not that so interested in eye colours and dragons, and you want to help others/collect MP stuff, Earth or Light is a good one. Since Earth is small and somehow dominates a lot of the time, Light is a powerful domhouse as well. Really depends, a flight won't suit you entirely, just pick the one that appeals to you the most!
If you're not that so interested in eye colours and dragons, and you want to help others/collect MP stuff, Earth or Light is a good one. Since Earth is small and somehow dominates a lot of the time, Light is a powerful domhouse as well. Really depends, a flight won't suit you entirely, just pick the one that appeals to you the most!
dom culture and eye colors are the only things flight functionally changes, so if dom isn't a big deal to you then just go with whichever one has the prettiest eyes. if you have multiple favorite eyes then i guess you could go with the one that matches your breeding pairs the best.
dom culture and eye colors are the only things flight functionally changes, so if dom isn't a big deal to you then just go with whichever one has the prettiest eyes. if you have multiple favorite eyes then i guess you could go with the one that matches your breeding pairs the best.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
come on down to p l a g u e f l i g h t
we got:
-soup
-red eye
-flesh plants???
-????
-soup
-mother
come on down to p l a g u e f l i g h t
we got:
-soup