Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | On Charges
What would happen if a Guardian's charge were to die of natural causes, say, old age?

Would that constitute a failure to protect said charge? Would they pine away as in official lore, or would they consider it a job well done and move forward?
What would happen if a Guardian's charge were to die of natural causes, say, old age?

Would that constitute a failure to protect said charge? Would they pine away as in official lore, or would they consider it a job well done and move forward?
I figure they would consider it a job well done. Can't really stop natural causes can you?
I figure they would consider it a job well done. Can't really stop natural causes can you?
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
[quote=Encyclopedia]Guardian dragons see the [b]failure to keep their chosen charge safe [/b]as a terrible blight to their honor, and most will pine away rather than live with the shame of their failure.[/quote] I do not believe that having a charge die of natural causes would count as there,would be no way for the guardian to “keep it safe” from old age.
Encyclopedia wrote:
Guardian dragons see the failure to keep their chosen charge safe as a terrible blight to their honor, and most will pine away rather than live with the shame of their failure.

I do not believe that having a charge die of natural causes would count as there,would be no way for the guardian to “keep it safe” from old age.
tumblr_papfgyiEtt1vvc1jno1_500.png
I feel like it depends heavily on the Guardian and their personality and world views.

They might see their job as completed.

They might be absolutely devastated.

They might mourn the loss, but know that there was nothing they could do, and eventually move on, but never forget.
I feel like it depends heavily on the Guardian and their personality and world views.

They might see their job as completed.

They might be absolutely devastated.

They might mourn the loss, but know that there was nothing they could do, and eventually move on, but never forget.
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
Bring them back as undead so they can keep doing their job. Alternately. [item=enchanted remains] [s]Eat them so they would be one with their body and never be apart again.[/s]
Bring them back as undead so they can keep doing their job.

Alternately.

Enchanted Remains

Eat them so they would be one with their body and never be apart again.
4QFtgPW.png
[quote name="Vardia" date="2019-08-06 15:05:43" ] I figure they would consider it a job well done. Can't really stop natural causes can you? [/quote] Yea, same ^^ If you'd think that if they were together since day one that the Guardian might uh, y'know kinda be a little old him/herself too? Just sayin'... XD
Vardia wrote on 2019-08-06 15:05:43:

Yea, same ^^ If you'd think that if they were together since day one that the Guardian might uh, y'know kinda be a little old him/herself too? Just sayin'... XD
73127854.png
Lonely, shy & in need of friends? Read Misaki's Bio.

Item Wishlist | [LF] Pearl XXY/XYY G1 (M), Sanguine XXY, XYY G1 (M)
If it was old age I imagine the guardian would accept it and move forward without pining too much. Yes, they miss their charge, but they did what they were supposed to- keep their charge safe, and they did indeed keep it safe until its final breath.

If it was an illness of some sort it would depend- if an illness that could be cured laid their charge low the guardian might bemoan being unable to find the cure on time, while if it was the dragon equivalent of like.. cancer (they probably wouldn’t have the technology to stop this based on Sornieth’s equivalent earth time period?) then the guardian could probably make peace with their charge passing away.
If it was old age I imagine the guardian would accept it and move forward without pining too much. Yes, they miss their charge, but they did what they were supposed to- keep their charge safe, and they did indeed keep it safe until its final breath.

If it was an illness of some sort it would depend- if an illness that could be cured laid their charge low the guardian might bemoan being unable to find the cure on time, while if it was the dragon equivalent of like.. cancer (they probably wouldn’t have the technology to stop this based on Sornieth’s equivalent earth time period?) then the guardian could probably make peace with their charge passing away.
udj6wT1.png
They'd probably mourn, but won't have failed the job they set out to do. Maybe they move on to different charges in time.
They'd probably mourn, but won't have failed the job they set out to do. Maybe they move on to different charges in time.
I think it would depend on the Guardian - some see it as a success, others a failure, a rare few even are neutral. All mourn for the loss.
I think it would depend on the Guardian - some see it as a success, others a failure, a rare few even are neutral. All mourn for the loss.
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
Charge still isnt over.
There's still a body to protect.
Introducing, the Bone Keeper.
Charge still isnt over.
There's still a body to protect.
Introducing, the Bone Keeper.
TOW2n3q.png