Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | No Motivation
I don't know if anyone else has gone through this but I can't seem to find a reason to come back to FR nowadays. It seems like everyone has some kind of motivation or end goal for their lair, collecting things, etc. yet I can't seem to find any reason to continue playing. I'm somewhat new to the game, I've only been registered for now 7 months yet I have no motivation.. What motivates you guys to keep playing? I really need suggestions or ideas at least.
I don't know if anyone else has gone through this but I can't seem to find a reason to come back to FR nowadays. It seems like everyone has some kind of motivation or end goal for their lair, collecting things, etc. yet I can't seem to find any reason to continue playing. I'm somewhat new to the game, I've only been registered for now 7 months yet I have no motivation.. What motivates you guys to keep playing? I really need suggestions or ideas at least.
tumblr_ogx26x40571rravn7o4_500.png
@PinkMilk

I guess the main question is what do you already like to do on FR and/or on other games? It's easier to pick whatever you are already motivated to do than something you don't enjoy.

For example, I'm a natural hoarder and no matter what I play I always end up hoarding things for later instead of using them. My hoarding challenge on FR actually started with me setting myself a limit of how much of each item I want to keep and then it snowballed.

On the other hand, I'm not interested in collecting rare or valuable dragons. But I like stories, worldbuilding, and shiny things, and so my dragons are whatever I like aesthetics-wise or whatever fits in my lore. Or fodder I just got attached to.
  • Hoarding: I decided to collect at least 1 of each item on FR. Most of my time on the site is spent at Coli, training fodder to get money to buy retired items.
  • Coliseum: this is mostly linked to the hoarding, but I also want to have a full lv25 lair and Coli challenges are a good way to spend time. Coliseum also doubles as white noise when I want to listen, watch, or read something.
  • Lore: I'm bad at actually writing things down, but FR canon is a good springboard for my own characters and stories and a way to get myself to do something creative.
  • Breeding projects: I've got two ongoing projects now, and a third one waiting. These are all partially because lore, partially because they look great and don't exist on the site yet.
  • Friends and community: I've gotten a lot of friends because of FR and I like to spend time with them, on FR or otherwise. And I like the community here and being part of it.
  • Dominance: half because money, half because community, really. I haven't been as active in Dom as I used to be, but it's still nice to participate in something big.
@PinkMilk

I guess the main question is what do you already like to do on FR and/or on other games? It's easier to pick whatever you are already motivated to do than something you don't enjoy.

For example, I'm a natural hoarder and no matter what I play I always end up hoarding things for later instead of using them. My hoarding challenge on FR actually started with me setting myself a limit of how much of each item I want to keep and then it snowballed.

On the other hand, I'm not interested in collecting rare or valuable dragons. But I like stories, worldbuilding, and shiny things, and so my dragons are whatever I like aesthetics-wise or whatever fits in my lore. Or fodder I just got attached to.
  • Hoarding: I decided to collect at least 1 of each item on FR. Most of my time on the site is spent at Coli, training fodder to get money to buy retired items.
  • Coliseum: this is mostly linked to the hoarding, but I also want to have a full lv25 lair and Coli challenges are a good way to spend time. Coliseum also doubles as white noise when I want to listen, watch, or read something.
  • Lore: I'm bad at actually writing things down, but FR canon is a good springboard for my own characters and stories and a way to get myself to do something creative.
  • Breeding projects: I've got two ongoing projects now, and a third one waiting. These are all partially because lore, partially because they look great and don't exist on the site yet.
  • Friends and community: I've gotten a lot of friends because of FR and I like to spend time with them, on FR or otherwise. And I like the community here and being part of it.
  • Dominance: half because money, half because community, really. I haven't been as active in Dom as I used to be, but it's still nice to participate in something big.
hWsjkHE.png
@Elaendorlien Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my thread. As for do I like the game or not. of course I love FR. However, whenever I play games I always need some kind of 'end goal' to work towards if that make sense at all... It gives me motivation to continue playing for long periods of time since I have something I want to achieve in the end. I'll 100% try some of these suggestions out, I might consider trying out some of these challenges to see what I can get out of it. Thank you so much again for your suggestions/input. [emoji=fae happy]
@Elaendorlien

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my thread. As for do I like the game or not. of course I love FR. However, whenever I play games I always need some kind of 'end goal' to work towards if that make sense at all... It gives me motivation to continue playing for long periods of time since I have something I want to achieve in the end.

I'll 100% try some of these suggestions out, I might consider trying out some of these challenges to see what I can get out of it. Thank you so much again for your suggestions/input.
tumblr_ogx26x40571rravn7o4_500.png
@PinkMilk adding on to what was said before -- i'd recommend checking out the quests and challenges forums for inspiration! there are all sorts of challenges: breeding legacy projects, FR's versions of nuzlockes (a popular one is called "pinkerlocke"), scatter journeys, etc. maybe something there will pique your interest ^^
@PinkMilk adding on to what was said before -- i'd recommend checking out the quests and challenges forums for inspiration! there are all sorts of challenges: breeding legacy projects, FR's versions of nuzlockes (a popular one is called "pinkerlocke"), scatter journeys, etc. maybe something there will pique your interest ^^
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif