Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Glimmer VS Firefly
Now that Firefly has been released, what tertiary gene do you think will be the most popular, Glimmer or Firefly? Please discuss. :)
Now that Firefly has been released, what tertiary gene do you think will be the most popular, Glimmer or Firefly? Please discuss. :)
Hmmm...
Hmmm...
.........................9841.png > she/her
> FR+8
> pings ok
> buy my dragons
> pets for Roq??
> lore clan
9842.png
Glimmer will remain the most popular, but Firefly will be a way cheaper option, given that you can get it for free.
Glimmer will remain the most popular, but Firefly will be a way cheaper option, given that you can get it for free.
Firefly tends to be really niche, in that you either hate it or love it.

Glimmer has a much broader usage that's simplistic but appealing, and hard to get wrong.

Just in general, I think glimmer has more going for it, but it honestly depends on the dragon in question.
Firefly tends to be really niche, in that you either hate it or love it.

Glimmer has a much broader usage that's simplistic but appealing, and hard to get wrong.

Just in general, I think glimmer has more going for it, but it honestly depends on the dragon in question.
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
..honestly considering how much backlash the artists got for firefly(and unfairly!) i think the answer is pretty clear
..honestly considering how much backlash the artists got for firefly(and unfairly!) i think the answer is pretty clear
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I think never, unfortunately for the fireflies! Looking at the Auction House listings for dragons with each gene, Glimmer even has Basic beat. I know the AH isn't an exact indicator of popularity, but it can tell you a little:

9784 - glimmer
8547 - basic
7365 - underbelly
6398 - runes
3379 - capsule
4858 - opal

Though it may have its fans, Firefly isn't as versatile as Glimmer in my opinion and won't get as popular.
I think never, unfortunately for the fireflies! Looking at the Auction House listings for dragons with each gene, Glimmer even has Basic beat. I know the AH isn't an exact indicator of popularity, but it can tell you a little:

9784 - glimmer
8547 - basic
7365 - underbelly
6398 - runes
3379 - capsule
4858 - opal

Though it may have its fans, Firefly isn't as versatile as Glimmer in my opinion and won't get as popular.
8ZHLRVU.png

ELPHAEL
...he/they...
FR time + 3
I6jEjhp.png x OHvqVtK.png

TLcyt8d.png
[quote name="PixelSpiral" date="2018-05-25 16:32:45" ] ..honestly considering how much backlash the artists got for firefly(and unfairly!) i think the answer is pretty clear [/quote] Most genes get backlash at launch, tbh. The real question is - will the backlash still exist in three months?
PixelSpiral wrote on 2018-05-25 16:32:45:
Most genes get backlash at launch, tbh. The real question is - will the backlash still exist in three months?
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2018-05-25 16:33:40" ] [quote name="PixelSpiral" date="2018-05-25 16:32:45" ] ..honestly considering how much backlash the artists got for firefly(and unfairly!) i think the answer is pretty clear [/quote] Most genes get backlash at launch, tbh. The real question is - will the backlash still exist in three months? [/quote] i felt like firefly got especially strong backlash compared to others
Sopheroo wrote on 2018-05-25 16:33:40:
PixelSpiral wrote on 2018-05-25 16:32:45:
Most genes get backlash at launch, tbh. The real question is - will the backlash still exist in three months?
i felt like firefly got especially strong backlash compared to others
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature