Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bonding With Familiars
1 2 3
I rarely ever make forums, actually, I've never made one. However, I find this important to talk about.
I think there should be an option (maybe near the arrange and feed dragons button) to bond with ALL familiars. As my lair grows, I prioritize getting my dragons each a familiar but its become a hassle to bond. Going through each and every dragon is a bother and quite frankly, become somewhat of a chore to me. I'd greatly appreciate if this was taken into consideration <3
I rarely ever make forums, actually, I've never made one. However, I find this important to talk about.
I think there should be an option (maybe near the arrange and feed dragons button) to bond with ALL familiars. As my lair grows, I prioritize getting my dragons each a familiar but its become a hassle to bond. Going through each and every dragon is a bother and quite frankly, become somewhat of a chore to me. I'd greatly appreciate if this was taken into consideration <3
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars permanently connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get close to 650 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be 32,500 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. Essentially, I would earn half of the entire Fairground cap within a second, whereas now it takes at least an hour to earn that much through the FG. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap "becomes somewhat of a chore." Therefore, FR should just give me 75,000 treasure every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

(PS: This has been suggested A LOT, so this is a copy and pasted reply. You can see other similar suggestions by using the Search function.)
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars permanently connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get close to 650 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be 32,500 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. Essentially, I would earn half of the entire Fairground cap within a second, whereas now it takes at least an hour to earn that much through the FG. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap "becomes somewhat of a chore." Therefore, FR should just give me 75,000 treasure every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

(PS: This has been suggested A LOT, so this is a copy and pasted reply. You can see other similar suggestions by using the Search function.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
@BunnyMunchkin

this is an often made suggestion, so expect a lot of copy/pasted responses.

(it might also help to search for bond all in the suggestions forum)

Sorry, but no support.

For one, there should be some effort involved in getting the rewards. Clicking one button should not get you up to 200 rewards (if you have a maxed lair and all have familiars) or up to 650+ rewards (if this is for ALL familiars, not just ones attached to dragons)

Lets do some math:

For one account:

Each account, at this moment, can have 200 dragons. This is the max lair space available. There are also about 650 familiars available to my knowledge. At 15 gold a familiar (lowest bonding level) that is 3000 gold for one click if a person has max level. Doesn't sound like much does it? At 50 gold a day (awakened status) that goes to 10K a day for one click. Again, at maxed lair level, that doesn't sound like a lot. However, this is for ONE account and is not taking into consideration the multitude of chests given, nor the gold and gems and items the chests can give out.

This is also only if the lair cap remains static, and we don't get a storage where we can bond with familiars. This is not necesarily true. If the lair space goes up, then so does the amount of treasure given per click. If we get storage where we can bond with familiars, the amount of treasure per click goes up.

Now, the above is only if we are limited by dragons. Many suggestions want to bond with ALL familiars, regardless of whether they are attached.

This is where it gets really unbalanced:

15 * 650 = 9750 Nearly 10K for 1 click for 650 familiars at the lowest bonding level, which will only increase as there will ALWAYS be more familiars added. At awakened this is 32500 for ONE click.

Multiply that number by active accounts and it is truly unbalanced.
@BunnyMunchkin

this is an often made suggestion, so expect a lot of copy/pasted responses.

(it might also help to search for bond all in the suggestions forum)

Sorry, but no support.

For one, there should be some effort involved in getting the rewards. Clicking one button should not get you up to 200 rewards (if you have a maxed lair and all have familiars) or up to 650+ rewards (if this is for ALL familiars, not just ones attached to dragons)

Lets do some math:

For one account:

Each account, at this moment, can have 200 dragons. This is the max lair space available. There are also about 650 familiars available to my knowledge. At 15 gold a familiar (lowest bonding level) that is 3000 gold for one click if a person has max level. Doesn't sound like much does it? At 50 gold a day (awakened status) that goes to 10K a day for one click. Again, at maxed lair level, that doesn't sound like a lot. However, this is for ONE account and is not taking into consideration the multitude of chests given, nor the gold and gems and items the chests can give out.

This is also only if the lair cap remains static, and we don't get a storage where we can bond with familiars. This is not necesarily true. If the lair space goes up, then so does the amount of treasure given per click. If we get storage where we can bond with familiars, the amount of treasure per click goes up.

Now, the above is only if we are limited by dragons. Many suggestions want to bond with ALL familiars, regardless of whether they are attached.

This is where it gets really unbalanced:

15 * 650 = 9750 Nearly 10K for 1 click for 650 familiars at the lowest bonding level, which will only increase as there will ALWAYS be more familiars added. At awakened this is 32500 for ONE click.

Multiply that number by active accounts and it is truly unbalanced.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Well, that’d be silly to get treasure at the click of a button, for doing y’know, nothing. However, I totally agree bonding is really tedious and always support things like arrow key controls to switch between dragons and less pop ups to make things faster and minimize clicking. That way there’s still work involved and the site gets ad revenue.

Well, that’d be silly to get treasure at the click of a button, for doing y’know, nothing. However, I totally agree bonding is really tedious and always support things like arrow key controls to switch between dragons and less pop ups to make things faster and minimize clicking. That way there’s still work involved and the site gets ad revenue.

BhWDcLm.png
My biggest objection to this suggestion every time it comes up is that it's asking for treasure with no effort. If you want treasure, work for it, and if you don't like the work, then don't do it. Familiar bonding is optional.
My biggest objection to this suggestion every time it comes up is that it's asking for treasure with no effort. If you want treasure, work for it, and if you don't like the work, then don't do it. Familiar bonding is optional.
windh4.png
No support here as well. It isn't just the daily treasure you would be getting for one click but quite a fair bit more. I just listed 10 Gilded chests for over 400g. If you want that kind of money then you have to work for it.

Which method are you using. I have recently switched to only bonding with familiars attached to my perma dragons and swapping them out as they awaken. I use the open tabs for each dragon and ctrl-W to get through 42 super quick and easy.
No support here as well. It isn't just the daily treasure you would be getting for one click but quite a fair bit more. I just listed 10 Gilded chests for over 400g. If you want that kind of money then you have to work for it.

Which method are you using. I have recently switched to only bonding with familiars attached to my perma dragons and swapping them out as they awaken. I use the open tabs for each dragon and ctrl-W to get through 42 super quick and easy.
Stuff will one day go here.
Only if hitting "bond all" button even once denies the account the chance to get any chests from bonding for 3 months (this date resets with each new press of the button, of course).
Only if hitting "bond all" button even once denies the account the chance to get any chests from bonding for 3 months (this date resets with each new press of the button, of course).
Maybe if you paid a gem fee for the convenience. It would offset the mass amount of treasure, gems and items coming in if there was a fee and since it's the lazy option (which I would totally use, so no shade) it would support the site where it lost ad revenue on pageviews, too.

This works well on Lioden re: feeding and whatever the other thing was (bonding with lionesses, maybe?) so it could work here.

As just a free press button = recieve many buttonclicks worth of rewards, however ... no.
Maybe if you paid a gem fee for the convenience. It would offset the mass amount of treasure, gems and items coming in if there was a fee and since it's the lazy option (which I would totally use, so no shade) it would support the site where it lost ad revenue on pageviews, too.

This works well on Lioden re: feeding and whatever the other thing was (bonding with lionesses, maybe?) so it could work here.

As just a free press button = recieve many buttonclicks worth of rewards, however ... no.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I've seen this suggestion often, and my mind goes completely numb when I scroll through my familiars each day because it's not fun. So, clearly, it needs improvement. XD I don't support a "bond-all" option, but I do support keybinds instead of monotonous clicking from dragon to dragon.

This is only tangentially related, but I also suggest a "Return to Page #" option on each dragon's page instead of an auto-refresh to the first page of your lair.
I've seen this suggestion often, and my mind goes completely numb when I scroll through my familiars each day because it's not fun. So, clearly, it needs improvement. XD I don't support a "bond-all" option, but I do support keybinds instead of monotonous clicking from dragon to dragon.

This is only tangentially related, but I also suggest a "Return to Page #" option on each dragon's page instead of an auto-refresh to the first page of your lair.
0Xrg9Di.png
I mean, at least some sort of thing to help speed up the process would be quite helpful. I merely suggest something like, I don't know, an option to bond one row.

I understand that it seems quite lazy of me, but I'd rather not spend up to 15 minutes scrolling through dragons, getting quite a lot of lag, and wasting my time.

Any other suggestions to speed up the process is welcomed.
I mean, at least some sort of thing to help speed up the process would be quite helpful. I merely suggest something like, I don't know, an option to bond one row.

I understand that it seems quite lazy of me, but I'd rather not spend up to 15 minutes scrolling through dragons, getting quite a lot of lag, and wasting my time.

Any other suggestions to speed up the process is welcomed.
1 2 3