Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bonding With Familiars
1 2 3
[quote name="Shieryu" date="2018-03-18 18:38:39" ] @BunnyMunchkin There is an easier way to bond if you're using a pc: 1) Make browser zoom like 80% (or until you can see a whole lair page on your screen). 2) Find what the key shortcut is for opening an item in a new tab (For me with Firefox it's Ctrl+click) 3) Hold that key and click through each derg on the page. This should open each derg on their own tab. Continue until you're through your lair. 4) Go to the first derg page you opened like this and the bonding button should be visible without any scrolling. 5)Find out what the key shortcut is for closing a tab (For me with Firefox it's Ctrl+W. 6) Hit the bonding button and keep your mouse in the same place. When the box for the confirmation appears you can just use the close tab shortcut and it will move to the next open tab. If you kept your mouse in the same place, your mouse should already be over the bond button for the next derg in your lair. Repeat until you're done. I can go through about 60 dergs in 1-2mins depending on how fast all the tabs load. Some notes about it is you do need good internet to do this and it doesn't do much if you want to switch out familiars to bond with. [/quote] Seconding this, though I use Control tab to move to the next open tab, then go through and use control W to close tabs once I finish bonding (so I can look for awakened familiars to switch out) As for the inflation. Yes, it would contribute to it. All the calculations done are on a *static* Flight Rising. Meaning that there are no more lair expansions, no storage, no new familiars added. However, that isn't true. We might get more lair expansions, though that is slightly up in the air. We will probably get some sort of storage option, which we know nothing about except that potentially the dragons wont' eat and won't be eligible for the coliseum. We WILL get more familiars. We get more familiars every month. This means that as more people get easy and quick money, more money will be sunk into lair expansions yes, but as of right now, that is a finite treasure sink. Once a lair is fully expanded, then any money coming in from however many dragons those players keep will NOT be leaving the economy that way (it might leave in other ways, but it also might not). If we get lair expansions, we get more treasure sinks, true, but the amount given for just one click of a button goes up as well. Since I doubt, from the talk, we will get unlimited expansion potential, lair expansion will always be a finite treasure sink, since it is up to the admins to decide to raise that limit. If they decide we have hit the 'sweet spot' of lair size/user or whatever, then we won't be getting any more lair expansions. The Admins talked about adding storage, but never said what that entailed. From what they said, I think that it is somewhat safe to assume that the dragons won't eat and won't be eligible for the coliseum as those were two areas mentioned. However, that still leaves the ability to bond with familiars on the table. Again, even if we have to pay for storage, unless it is a recurring cost to use instead of (or in addition to) a cost to expand, users will soon be able to max their storage areas or hit a spot where they simply will say 'I don't need more space', negating the treasure sink aspect of the area. But, they will still have all those dragons who can bond, and all these familiars to bond with. This is just counting the treasure earned directly from bonding. However, it is the chests where I consider the real monetary value to be. Since we will always be getting new familiars, we will always be able to get more of these chests. The more dragons a person has to attach a familiar to, the more chests can be earned from one single click. The above is also using the assumption that we are only talking about familiars attached to dragons. Many players want ways to bond with unattached familiars since we have so many more familiars vs dragons. That gets REALLY unbalanced REALLY quickly, and keeps getting more unbalanced the longer FR is in business. The entire issue is that, while 10K, 50K or even 100K doesn't sound like a lot of money when talking about bonding with 200+ familiars. it isn't just bonding with 200+ familiars, it is doing so with ONE SINGLE CLICK and generating that revenue. As Gema and others said, playing the fairgrounds to cap generally takes about 2 hours (for me at least, with some breaks). I can make about 10K in 10 minutes with Shock Switch. A bond all button would let me make that 10K in 10 seconds. One last thought: Even with a limit of 200 dragons, with a bond all button, players will soon figure out the quickest and most effiecient way of switching out familiars so they can bond with 200 different familiars with one click. If it takes 10 seconds to bond, 5-10 miinutes to switch familiars out, another 10 seconds to bond, and keep repeating until you are out of familiars, then that is still a great deal faster than the fairgrounds and contributes to inflation because a great many more people will be bonding than playing the fairgrounds.
Shieryu wrote on 2018-03-18 18:38:39:
@BunnyMunchkin

There is an easier way to bond if you're using a pc:
1) Make browser zoom like 80% (or until you can see a whole lair page on your screen).
2) Find what the key shortcut is for opening an item in a new tab (For me with Firefox it's Ctrl+click)
3) Hold that key and click through each derg on the page. This should open each derg on their own tab. Continue until you're through your lair.
4) Go to the first derg page you opened like this and the bonding button should be visible without any scrolling.
5)Find out what the key shortcut is for closing a tab (For me with Firefox it's Ctrl+W.
6) Hit the bonding button and keep your mouse in the same place. When the box for the confirmation appears you can just use the close tab shortcut and it will move to the next open tab. If you kept your mouse in the same place, your mouse should already be over the bond button for the next derg in your lair. Repeat until you're done.

I can go through about 60 dergs in 1-2mins depending on how fast all the tabs load. Some notes about it is you do need good internet to do this and it doesn't do much if you want to switch out familiars to bond with.
Seconding this, though I use Control tab to move to the next open tab, then go through and use control W to close tabs once I finish bonding (so I can look for awakened familiars to switch out)

As for the inflation. Yes, it would contribute to it. All the calculations done are on a *static* Flight Rising. Meaning that there are no more lair expansions, no storage, no new familiars added. However, that isn't true.

We might get more lair expansions, though that is slightly up in the air.

We will probably get some sort of storage option, which we know nothing about except that potentially the dragons wont' eat and won't be eligible for the coliseum.

We WILL get more familiars. We get more familiars every month.

This means that as more people get easy and quick money, more money will be sunk into lair expansions yes, but as of right now, that is a finite treasure sink. Once a lair is fully expanded, then any money coming in from however many dragons those players keep will NOT be leaving the economy that way (it might leave in other ways, but it also might not).

If we get lair expansions, we get more treasure sinks, true, but the amount given for just one click of a button goes up as well. Since I doubt, from the talk, we will get unlimited expansion potential, lair expansion will always be a finite treasure sink, since it is up to the admins to decide to raise that limit. If they decide we have hit the 'sweet spot' of lair size/user or whatever, then we won't be getting any more lair expansions.

The Admins talked about adding storage, but never said what that entailed. From what they said, I think that it is somewhat safe to assume that the dragons won't eat and won't be eligible for the coliseum as those were two areas mentioned. However, that still leaves the ability to bond with familiars on the table. Again, even if we have to pay for storage, unless it is a recurring cost to use instead of (or in addition to) a cost to expand, users will soon be able to max their storage areas or hit a spot where they simply will say 'I don't need more space', negating the treasure sink aspect of the area.

But, they will still have all those dragons who can bond, and all these familiars to bond with. This is just counting the treasure earned directly from bonding. However, it is the chests where I consider the real monetary value to be. Since we will always be getting new familiars, we will always be able to get more of these chests. The more dragons a person has to attach a familiar to, the more chests can be earned from one single click.

The above is also using the assumption that we are only talking about familiars attached to dragons. Many players want ways to bond with unattached familiars since we have so many more familiars vs dragons. That gets REALLY unbalanced REALLY quickly, and keeps getting more unbalanced the longer FR is in business.

The entire issue is that, while 10K, 50K or even 100K doesn't sound like a lot of money when talking about bonding with 200+ familiars. it isn't just bonding with 200+ familiars, it is doing so with ONE SINGLE CLICK and generating that revenue. As Gema and others said, playing the fairgrounds to cap generally takes about 2 hours (for me at least, with some breaks). I can make about 10K in 10 minutes with Shock Switch. A bond all button would let me make that 10K in 10 seconds.

One last thought: Even with a limit of 200 dragons, with a bond all button, players will soon figure out the quickest and most effiecient way of switching out familiars so they can bond with 200 different familiars with one click. If it takes 10 seconds to bond, 5-10 miinutes to switch familiars out, another 10 seconds to bond, and keep repeating until you are out of familiars, then that is still a great deal faster than the fairgrounds and contributes to inflation because a great many more people will be bonding than playing the fairgrounds.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Personally, I think that, for that to work, the treasure reward from bonding should be removed. Only chests.

So, you're going to spend like 5 seconds bonding, and one day eventually get chests. And, the rest of the time, get sweet nothing but progress towards other chests.

Personally, I think that, for that to work, the treasure reward from bonding should be removed. Only chests.

So, you're going to spend like 5 seconds bonding, and one day eventually get chests. And, the rest of the time, get sweet nothing but progress towards other chests.

@Shieryu
Thank you so much for the tip! :D
@Shieryu
Thank you so much for the tip! :D
0Xrg9Di.png
[quote name="heavylobster" date="2018-03-18 17:06:11" ] ...I still have very strong doubts that it would contribute to inflation much. XD [/quote] I mean, you can doubt it, but logically, that's what would happen XD The method suggested is a handy one. I get through all 100+ of the familiars on my dragons [i]and[/i] the 90 familiars I have in my hoard in about 5 minutes. A bit tedious, but not that big a deal for the pay-off. I do it while waiting for my morning tea to cool off.
heavylobster wrote on 2018-03-18 17:06:11:
...I still have very strong doubts that it would contribute to inflation much. XD

I mean, you can doubt it, but logically, that's what would happen XD

The method suggested is a handy one. I get through all 100+ of the familiars on my dragons and the 90 familiars I have in my hoard in about 5 minutes. A bit tedious, but not that big a deal for the pay-off. I do it while waiting for my morning tea to cool off.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
Sorry no support. You don't have to take the time to bond with all of your familiars or even the ones attached to your dragons. When you do take the time you get something out of it each time, and chests at regular intervals until the familiar is awakened.
Sorry no support. You don't have to take the time to bond with all of your familiars or even the ones attached to your dragons. When you do take the time you get something out of it each time, and chests at regular intervals until the familiar is awakened.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
[quote name="BunnyMunchkin" date="2018-03-18 16:06:06" ] I mean, at least some sort of thing to help speed up the process would be quite helpful. I merely suggest something like, I don't know, an option to bond one row. I understand that it seems quite lazy of me, but I'd rather not spend up to 15 minutes scrolling through dragons, getting quite a lot of lag, and wasting my time. Any other suggestions to speed up the process is welcomed. [/quote] You know, some things in life take time. If you can't stand to spend 15 minutes scrolling through your dragons then maybe you should consider having a smaller lair or not putting familiars on them all. It does sound lazy, as you say.
BunnyMunchkin wrote on 2018-03-18 16:06:06:
I mean, at least some sort of thing to help speed up the process would be quite helpful. I merely suggest something like, I don't know, an option to bond one row.

I understand that it seems quite lazy of me, but I'd rather not spend up to 15 minutes scrolling through dragons, getting quite a lot of lag, and wasting my time.

Any other suggestions to speed up the process is welcomed.

You know, some things in life take time. If you can't stand to spend 15 minutes scrolling through your dragons then maybe you should consider having a smaller lair or not putting familiars on them all. It does sound lazy, as you say.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
Whilst the button suggestion might not have much popularity - I would put my support behind having the icon in the lair image highlighted or in some way marked to denote if the familiar has or hasn't been bonded with on that day.

Giving the player a single "at a glance" look to know which familiars need bonding or not; useful if the bonding process gets interrupted by life; or if you've got dragons in odd positions (not everyone will bond every dragon).

It's also quicker for players than using the Which Waystone (which will at least take you to an unbonded familiar dragon profile when clicked; but its not "as" ideal as an icon highlight in the lair view).
Whilst the button suggestion might not have much popularity - I would put my support behind having the icon in the lair image highlighted or in some way marked to denote if the familiar has or hasn't been bonded with on that day.

Giving the player a single "at a glance" look to know which familiars need bonding or not; useful if the bonding process gets interrupted by life; or if you've got dragons in odd positions (not everyone will bond every dragon).

It's also quicker for players than using the Which Waystone (which will at least take you to an unbonded familiar dragon profile when clicked; but its not "as" ideal as an icon highlight in the lair view).
The Great Library
Come share your favourite books and find some more to read!
[quote name="Overread" date="2018-03-20 15:09:57" ] Whilst the button suggestion might not have much popularity - I would put my support behind having the icon in the lair image highlighted or in some way marked to denote if the familiar has or hasn't been bonded with on that day. Giving the player a single "at a glance" look to know which familiars need bonding or not; useful if the bonding process gets interrupted by life; or if you've got dragons in odd positions (not everyone will bond every dragon). It's also quicker for players than using the Which Waystone (which will at least take you to an unbonded familiar dragon profile when clicked; but its not "as" ideal as an icon highlight in the lair view). [/quote] I have long wanted this: HAving the familiar icon on the lair page be both a way to tell whether that familiar has been bonded that day AND use it to bond that familiar (instead of needing to load 20 dragon pages, you can just load the lair page and bond from there)
Overread wrote on 2018-03-20 15:09:57:

I have long wanted this:

HAving the familiar icon on the lair page be both a way to tell whether that familiar has been bonded that day AND use it to bond that familiar (instead of needing to load 20 dragon pages, you can just load the lair page and bond from there)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I wasn't even thinking of the button doing that as well - I think if they want to keep the visual aspect of the game then visiting the dragon page should be part of the process rather than just having it as a button. There's a danger in making some games so efficient that you take the game out and make it just a number crunching system.

I wasn't even thinking of the button doing that as well - I think if they want to keep the visual aspect of the game then visiting the dragon page should be part of the process rather than just having it as a button. There's a danger in making some games so efficient that you take the game out and make it just a number crunching system.

The Great Library
Come share your favourite books and find some more to read!
1 2 3