Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Festivals for Newbies
About once a month or so, Sornieth holds a festival to honor one of its deities. Each flight has its own currency, and you can buy some neat items from the Festive Favors stand when the Festival is active. You can gain this currency by using your Gathering skill in the related area.

Sounds simple, right?

Unfortunately, Festival currency gains through Gathering is subject to the same RNG as anything else.

Fortunately, Baldwin has recipes you can learn to MAKE that currency to supplement what you get through gathering.

Here's how I manage my lair, my hoard, and my treasure in order to get the most I can out of Festivals.

BETWEEN FESTIVALS:
  • Keep your dragons fed. You get extra gathering turns, a bit of treasure, and a free Gem each day for keeping their happiness above 80% for three days running. This is your priority.
  • Use all your gather turns each day. Start by getting a stockpile of food points. I keep some 3,000 of each kind, and replenish as needed. I don't have a large Lair, so this is plenty to tide me through a Festival if needed. Gathering Reference Guide 2 by acheronita.
  • Once you get your food stores up, start Digging and Scavenging. Sell the junk. Start stuffing your Vault and saving treasure. Figure on about 50k treasure to start.
  • Visit Pinkerton every day. He gives out a free item once a day. It's not much, but sometimes you can get Apparel or Familiars for free, as well as battle items, which you can auction or use yourself.
  • Visit Crim each hour to "help" her with her collection. I don't convert or sell all of my stuff - I'll keep a couple of everything in my Hoard just for Crim.
  • KEEP BALDWIN BUSY. Transmutation takes 30 minutes. Visit as often as you can.
  • It'll level up your Alchemy skill, which will allow you to learn those currency recipes, as well as Festival-exclusive Apparel at level 3.
  • You'll need Gray Slime and Copper Muck to make the 20-stack of Festival currency. Those are made by transmuting Apparel and Familiars, respectively. This recipe takes almost three hours to complete, so you'll want materials ready before the Festival starts. You won't Gather enough Apparel or Familiars to serve this purpose. NEVER buy those from the Market for this reason. Go to the Auction House and get the cheapest stuff you can find there, instead.
  • You'll need Green mats (plus other items gained through Digging) to make Festival skins/accents. Check here under "Retired Recipes" to see what sorts of Materials are asked for. These recipes also take three hours to make.

DURING THE FESTIVAL:
All of the above, plus:
  • Check the Festival announcement and explore what's available. It will tell you where you need to Gather for the Festival currency, and which skins/accents are Baldwin-only. Plan accordingly.
  • Start making skins if you plan to sell them. Make a couple of extra and Vault them for later.
  • Start making currency and buy what you want from the Festive Favors cart. I'd advise getting one or two extra of the familiar and apparel to sell after the Festival.

Don't panic if you miss something or you aren't able to do everything. Do what you can/want, and above all else, have fun. :)
About once a month or so, Sornieth holds a festival to honor one of its deities. Each flight has its own currency, and you can buy some neat items from the Festive Favors stand when the Festival is active. You can gain this currency by using your Gathering skill in the related area.

Sounds simple, right?

Unfortunately, Festival currency gains through Gathering is subject to the same RNG as anything else.

Fortunately, Baldwin has recipes you can learn to MAKE that currency to supplement what you get through gathering.

Here's how I manage my lair, my hoard, and my treasure in order to get the most I can out of Festivals.

BETWEEN FESTIVALS:
  • Keep your dragons fed. You get extra gathering turns, a bit of treasure, and a free Gem each day for keeping their happiness above 80% for three days running. This is your priority.
  • Use all your gather turns each day. Start by getting a stockpile of food points. I keep some 3,000 of each kind, and replenish as needed. I don't have a large Lair, so this is plenty to tide me through a Festival if needed. Gathering Reference Guide 2 by acheronita.
  • Once you get your food stores up, start Digging and Scavenging. Sell the junk. Start stuffing your Vault and saving treasure. Figure on about 50k treasure to start.
  • Visit Pinkerton every day. He gives out a free item once a day. It's not much, but sometimes you can get Apparel or Familiars for free, as well as battle items, which you can auction or use yourself.
  • Visit Crim each hour to "help" her with her collection. I don't convert or sell all of my stuff - I'll keep a couple of everything in my Hoard just for Crim.
  • KEEP BALDWIN BUSY. Transmutation takes 30 minutes. Visit as often as you can.
  • It'll level up your Alchemy skill, which will allow you to learn those currency recipes, as well as Festival-exclusive Apparel at level 3.
  • You'll need Gray Slime and Copper Muck to make the 20-stack of Festival currency. Those are made by transmuting Apparel and Familiars, respectively. This recipe takes almost three hours to complete, so you'll want materials ready before the Festival starts. You won't Gather enough Apparel or Familiars to serve this purpose. NEVER buy those from the Market for this reason. Go to the Auction House and get the cheapest stuff you can find there, instead.
  • You'll need Green mats (plus other items gained through Digging) to make Festival skins/accents. Check here under "Retired Recipes" to see what sorts of Materials are asked for. These recipes also take three hours to make.

DURING THE FESTIVAL:
All of the above, plus:
  • Check the Festival announcement and explore what's available. It will tell you where you need to Gather for the Festival currency, and which skins/accents are Baldwin-only. Plan accordingly.
  • Start making skins if you plan to sell them. Make a couple of extra and Vault them for later.
  • Start making currency and buy what you want from the Festive Favors cart. I'd advise getting one or two extra of the familiar and apparel to sell after the Festival.

Don't panic if you miss something or you aren't able to do everything. Do what you can/want, and above all else, have fun. :)
tumblr_oneao7BZb91v6p655o1_500.png