Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | The ability to sort the materials tab
I can't find any recent-ish topics on the matter, and it doesn't exist in the compilation; so rather than necroing an old thread, here are my two cents:

I think we could use a drop-down menu for the materials tab, similar to the food tab, that lets us filter by type. There are already categories of material (eg: Organics, Minerals & Ores, Reagents, etc), so I don't imagine it would be a huge stretch to implement this.

As to why this would be useful: admittedly, without the yet-to-be-implented crafting system, there isn't HUGE utility for this at the moment; however, it would be very useful for people to be able to filter by Baldwin Reagents without having to guess which page they are on. Also, it could still help to find other specific Swipp/Baldwin items more easily as long as the user knows the category of item.
I can't find any recent-ish topics on the matter, and it doesn't exist in the compilation; so rather than necroing an old thread, here are my two cents:

I think we could use a drop-down menu for the materials tab, similar to the food tab, that lets us filter by type. There are already categories of material (eg: Organics, Minerals & Ores, Reagents, etc), so I don't imagine it would be a huge stretch to implement this.

As to why this would be useful: admittedly, without the yet-to-be-implented crafting system, there isn't HUGE utility for this at the moment; however, it would be very useful for people to be able to filter by Baldwin Reagents without having to guess which page they are on. Also, it could still help to find other specific Swipp/Baldwin items more easily as long as the user knows the category of item.
It's been suggested before, but I'd been thinking it needed mentioning again myself. This would be so useful, particularly since there are so many new things.
It's been suggested before, but I'd been thinking it needed mentioning again myself. This would be so useful, particularly since there are so many new things.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
Yes. Please.

(I think Baldwin's is the crafting system, though.)
Yes. Please.

(I think Baldwin's is the crafting system, though.)
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
This would make me a very happy camper. I get annoyed by the way Baldwin mats just kind of show up in the middle and get in the way, so any form of material filtering would be very welcome.
This would make me a very happy camper. I get annoyed by the way Baldwin mats just kind of show up in the middle and get in the way, so any form of material filtering would be very welcome.

r250Bbk.png ZW5CgDF.png FFH3hV6.png s1GAkgl.png LBmwkOD.png Lef8ZKD.png 10CB8sd.png
You always have a choice.
You can either roll over and die, or you can keep fightin' no matter what.
@SaturdayLemon I was under the impression that there was going to be another separate crafting system; maybe I'm wrong?
@SaturdayLemon I was under the impression that there was going to be another separate crafting system; maybe I'm wrong?
@Kragle Eh, I dunno, but I could be wrong. Also, your username is great.
@Kragle Eh, I dunno, but I could be wrong. Also, your username is great.
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
Yes. All of the yes. This would make everything so much easier. I never understood why we had categories like organic and dragonmade since they are irrelevant. This seems like it might have been the intended use for them? Or it should have been anyway.
Yes. All of the yes. This would make everything so much easier. I never understood why we had categories like organic and dragonmade since they are irrelevant. This seems like it might have been the intended use for them? Or it should have been anyway.
This, please! Just being able to sort them into Organic, Dragonmade and Transmutation would be a huge help.
This, please! Just being able to sort them into Organic, Dragonmade and Transmutation would be a huge help.
don't like my dragons
Agreed, but not just the materials tab.

The coding to filter by category exists already, which we know from the food tab.

The other tabs are already sorted into categories, which we know because of the AH.

Putting those two things together feels like a no-brainer, and would make hoard management so much easier without requiring new code to be written while we wait for a full hoard revamp.
Agreed, but not just the materials tab.

The coding to filter by category exists already, which we know from the food tab.

The other tabs are already sorted into categories, which we know because of the AH.

Putting those two things together feels like a no-brainer, and would make hoard management so much easier without requiring new code to be written while we wait for a full hoard revamp.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png