Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Cross Stitching Flight Symbols
Hey! So I just wanted to share my progress on my Nature Flight symbol cross stitching... thing XD I'm planning on doing the others but for now, starting with my main flight ^_^ [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/55aa967553098fd0c2e6e026a85aaeeb/tumblr_o8q3rgPtOB1v1z4dqo1_500.jpg[/img]
Hey! So I just wanted to share my progress on my Nature Flight symbol cross stitching... thing XD I'm planning on doing the others but for now, starting with my main flight ^_^

tumblr_o8q3rgPtOB1v1z4dqo1_500.jpg
tumblr_inline_nmplalyfet1qfq1fk_500.gif
@MaidOfLife

Nice! I love to see users working on RL FR projects! It looks like it's turning out really well so far, too! If you're interested in pinging people when you make more progress/finish the cross stitch, I'd love to be on the list. : D

I just finished up something with the Nature symbol on it too, and boy was that tree hard to work on. o:
@MaidOfLife

Nice! I love to see users working on RL FR projects! It looks like it's turning out really well so far, too! If you're interested in pinging people when you make more progress/finish the cross stitch, I'd love to be on the list. : D

I just finished up something with the Nature symbol on it too, and boy was that tree hard to work on. o:
XkyNy2i.png
- XAN SEWS -
Real Life Flight Rising Merch, Cosplay, and Misc Projects

- Whale Shark Adventures on Tumblr -
Adventures with Whale Shark and Friends!
@Xanarcah oh yeah! The tree is really hard to work with due to the sudden curves and turns. I'm taking it slow though (Mainly because I ran out of floss for it ;-;) I'm hoping to show more progress soon!
@Xanarcah oh yeah! The tree is really hard to work with due to the sudden curves and turns. I'm taking it slow though (Mainly because I ran out of floss for it ;-;) I'm hoping to show more progress soon!
@MaidOfLife

Yeah, the little curves and lumps in the trunk are what really killed me. o:

I don't know anything at all about cross stitch, how much floss got used in the picture you took? One packet? More than that?

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work! : D
@MaidOfLife

Yeah, the little curves and lumps in the trunk are what really killed me. o:

I don't know anything at all about cross stitch, how much floss got used in the picture you took? One packet? More than that?

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work! : D
XkyNy2i.png
- XAN SEWS -

@Xanarcah so far, I've used one pack of floss. I use one strand at a time so it goes a little bit farther than if I were to be embroidering but it wasn't enough. I would say for the tree alone, I'd probably use maybe 2 or 3 more packs of it. Looks like this: [img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/1db3ca15d39a446605ed0ebaf7963385/tumblr_o8q6ob689N1v1z4dqo1_1280.jpg[/img]
@Xanarcah so far, I've used one pack of floss. I use one strand at a time so it goes a little bit farther than if I were to be embroidering but it wasn't enough. I would say for the tree alone, I'd probably use maybe 2 or 3 more packs of it. Looks like this:

tumblr_o8q6ob689N1v1z4dqo1_1280.jpg
@MaidOfLife

Oh, neat! I always see big racks of this floss when I go to pick up sewing materials, the colors look so nice together. It sounds like fun to work with.
@MaidOfLife

Oh, neat! I always see big racks of this floss when I go to pick up sewing materials, the colors look so nice together. It sounds like fun to work with.
XkyNy2i.png
- XAN SEWS -

@Xanarcah It is fun to work with! The only problem I have with it is that it tangles really easily so I gotta be extra careful where I store it.
@Xanarcah It is fun to work with! The only problem I have with it is that it tangles really easily so I gotta be extra careful where I store it.
@MaidOfLife

Oh yeah, I can certainly imagine that being a big issue. o:
@MaidOfLife

Oh yeah, I can certainly imagine that being a big issue. o:
XkyNy2i.png
- XAN SEWS -

@Xanarcah it's still really fun :3
@Xanarcah it's still really fun :3