Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Actual Auction in the Auction House
1 2
I think it would be AMAZING if we could actually bid on dragons and the highest bidder wins. I think it would work really well. It could be for other stuff like apparel or food but i think it should at least be tried with the dragons.
I think it would be AMAZING if we could actually bid on dragons and the highest bidder wins. I think it would work really well. It could be for other stuff like apparel or food but i think it should at least be tried with the dragons.
AliceFireheart
YES! This is what I thought the auction house would be like when I joined, not just a normal store with varying prices.
YES! This is what I thought the auction house would be like when I joined, not just a normal store with varying prices.
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
Not a fan of that. If I want to sell my dragons for a set price of 50k I do NOT want anyone to 'win it' by offering up 500 treasure. If you feel the need to have such a feature outside of the forums it needs to be differentiated from the fixed price auctions we have right now.
Not a fan of that. If I want to sell my dragons for a set price of 50k I do NOT want anyone to 'win it' by offering up 500 treasure. If you feel the need to have such a feature outside of the forums it needs to be differentiated from the fixed price auctions we have right now.
id love this! plus, itd be a lot of fun and possibly more profitable :0
id love this! plus, itd be a lot of fun and possibly more profitable :0
Thomas
he/him
A few things to consider:

1) As Ismaiel says, it would need to be completely separate from the AH auto-buy feature we use now. That's not to say having an "auto-buy" on an actual auction would be out of the question. But imagine making the mistake of thinking you've bidded on a dragon whose auction ends in four days, only to have him in your already too-crowded lair right now.

2) Would there be a snipe guard? It's a common courtesy to add one on forum auctions. I know there are a lot of people who would not bid without one.

3) Would you get "pinged" by the notification system every time you were outbid? Another courtesy measure you see on forum auctions.

4) Would you be able to "take back" a bid if in (for example) four days time you suddenly didn't have the money because you forgot about the auction? What would happen in that scenario? Would the dragon go to the next highest bidder or be returned to the auctioneer?

1) As Ismaiel says, it would need to be completely separate from the AH auto-buy feature we use now. That's not to say having an "auto-buy" on an actual auction would be out of the question. But imagine making the mistake of thinking you've bidded on a dragon whose auction ends in four days, only to have him in your already too-crowded lair right now.

2) Would there be a snipe guard? It's a common courtesy to add one on forum auctions. I know there are a lot of people who would not bid without one.

3) Would you get "pinged" by the notification system every time you were outbid? Another courtesy measure you see on forum auctions.

4) Would you be able to "take back" a bid if in (for example) four days time you suddenly didn't have the money because you forgot about the auction? What would happen in that scenario? Would the dragon go to the next highest bidder or be returned to the auctioneer?
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="Ridara" date=2016-06-06 08:31:21] A few things to consider: 1) As Ismaiel says, it would need to be completely separate from the AH auto-buy feature we use now. That's not to say having an "auto-buy" on an actual auction would be out of the question. But imagine making the mistake of thinking you've bidded on a dragon whose auction ends in four days, only to have him in your already too-crowded lair right now. 2) Would there be a snipe guard? It's a common courtesy to add one on forum auctions. I know there are a lot of people who would not bid without one. 3) Would you get "pinged" by the notification system every time you were outbid? Another courtesy measure you see on forum auctions. 4) Would you be able to "take back" a bid if in (for example) four days time you suddenly didn't have the money because you forgot about the auction? What would happen in that scenario? Would the dragon go to the next highest bidder or be returned to the auctioneer? [/quote] This is the reason that ,while I would support some sort of auction feature for FR, I do NOT want it associated with the auction house. I dislike auctions and I much prefer being able to buy things immediately without having to sit there or pay an exorbitant amount as a 'buyout' bid. I know people like auctions and I am sure they can be fun, I just would prefer them to be completely separate areas and not have people suddenly putting true auctions on the AH and when I go looking for an item or dragon I am suddenly faced with having to bid etc... Edit: Also, while I don't care if they change the Auction house Name (I know this wasn't mentioned in the preceding posts, but just something I thought of.) I do not think that the actual auctions portion of the site, should it be introduced, should be done so under the 'Auction House' name (unless it is a separate tab, like in the Marketplace where you have Gem and Treasure Marketplace) to avoid confusion
Ridara wrote on 2016-06-06:

This is the reason that ,while I would support some sort of auction feature for FR, I do NOT want it associated with the auction house. I dislike auctions and I much prefer being able to buy things immediately without having to sit there or pay an exorbitant amount as a 'buyout' bid.

I know people like auctions and I am sure they can be fun, I just would prefer them to be completely separate areas and not have people suddenly putting true auctions on the AH and when I go looking for an item or dragon I am suddenly faced with having to bid etc...

Edit: Also, while I don't care if they change the Auction house Name (I know this wasn't mentioned in the preceding posts, but just something I thought of.) I do not think that the actual auctions portion of the site, should it be introduced, should be done so under the 'Auction House' name (unless it is a separate tab, like in the Marketplace where you have Gem and Treasure Marketplace) to avoid confusion

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
You could just make it a separate option within the auction house, I absolutely do not think the OP meant completely erasing the current system.

As for 'not having the funds' when the auction is about to end, it's a seriously poop move for someone to do that to begin with, but an easy way to get around it would be to put a sort of 'reserve' on the money you just bid so that it can't be spent, then it automatically goes to the person if it wins. A lot of other games do this system.
You could just make it a separate option within the auction house, I absolutely do not think the OP meant completely erasing the current system.

As for 'not having the funds' when the auction is about to end, it's a seriously poop move for someone to do that to begin with, but an easy way to get around it would be to put a sort of 'reserve' on the money you just bid so that it can't be spent, then it automatically goes to the person if it wins. A lot of other games do this system.
MSRoySig2_zpsrobgfqfj.png
Maybe we could have an auction house with actual auctions, and a market with dragons sold by users.
Maybe we could have an auction house with actual auctions, and a market with dragons sold by users.
nMFIkFl.jpeg
@Ismaiel

If it were a true auction you could set a reserve price that you would consider as your bottom price to let go of the item.

Say you wanted to sell your dragon for 50K and put it up for auction. Now you would be willing to accept 40K as a minimum price so you set that as a reserve price. In an auction if the reserve prices isn't met the item would not be sold.

Also if we had an auction there would probably be some kind of starting bid that would prevent someone from winning your dragon for 500 treasure when you want 50,000 treasure. You could set a starting bid of 35,000 treasure and unless the auction exceeds the reserve price you wouldn't sell it.

As far as the idea overall I think it would be a bit much to program into the site, but since the Administration has said that the auction house was going to be revamped anyway let's see what they do.

Not really very supportive of this idea, however, if the revamp includes it I would most likely use it.
@Ismaiel

If it were a true auction you could set a reserve price that you would consider as your bottom price to let go of the item.

Say you wanted to sell your dragon for 50K and put it up for auction. Now you would be willing to accept 40K as a minimum price so you set that as a reserve price. In an auction if the reserve prices isn't met the item would not be sold.

Also if we had an auction there would probably be some kind of starting bid that would prevent someone from winning your dragon for 500 treasure when you want 50,000 treasure. You could set a starting bid of 35,000 treasure and unless the auction exceeds the reserve price you wouldn't sell it.

As far as the idea overall I think it would be a bit much to program into the site, but since the Administration has said that the auction house was going to be revamped anyway let's see what they do.

Not really very supportive of this idea, however, if the revamp includes it I would most likely use it.
I would love to have an actual bidding war! But on the other hand some users may end up getting much less than they intend for a dragon. Either way, it's a good idea though
I would love to have an actual bidding war! But on the other hand some users may end up getting much less than they intend for a dragon. Either way, it's a good idea though
OwO What's this?
1 2