Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Question
1 2
I just finished reading the lore for the site and was just wondering based on the fact the the 11 deities keep to themselves to try and keep their element wouldn't dragons born under that god be loyal and not want to go to a lair that wasn't that element? Also I doubt that some of the dragon gods would be so chill about letting their own go to another god.

Just wondering if anyone had any head cannons that made sense with that or if I'm just missing some part of lore. :P

Thanks!
I just finished reading the lore for the site and was just wondering based on the fact the the 11 deities keep to themselves to try and keep their element wouldn't dragons born under that god be loyal and not want to go to a lair that wasn't that element? Also I doubt that some of the dragon gods would be so chill about letting their own go to another god.

Just wondering if anyone had any head cannons that made sense with that or if I'm just missing some part of lore. :P

Thanks!
@SkylarJayne

I always figured that the gods want their dragons to go and spread their element to other areas of the world, maybe by suggesting dragons in their new clan become more loyal to their native home's deity. And incoming dragons can always be optimistically viewed as converts that, while not native-born, will be loyal to the reigning god of their new home.
@SkylarJayne

I always figured that the gods want their dragons to go and spread their element to other areas of the world, maybe by suggesting dragons in their new clan become more loyal to their native home's deity. And incoming dragons can always be optimistically viewed as converts that, while not native-born, will be loyal to the reigning god of their new home.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
[quote]Also I doubt that some of the dragon gods would be so chill about letting their own go to another god.[/quote] Earthshaker cries when his children leave him.
Quote:
Also I doubt that some of the dragon gods would be so chill about letting their own go to another god.

Earthshaker cries when his children leave him.
Noodledad is about spreading history, stories, so Wind's free to be in other lairs ovo
Noodledad is about spreading history, stories, so Wind's free to be in other lairs ovo
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
[quote name="Drakel" date=2016-01-19 09:46:33] @/SkylarJayne I always figured that the gods want their dragons to go and spread their element to other areas of the world, maybe by suggesting dragons in their new clan become more loyal to their native home's deity. And incoming dragons can always be optimistically viewed as converts that, while not native-born, will be loyal to the reigning god of their new home. [/quote] Kind of in agreement with Drakel here. Take for example clans with flight ambassadors, their practically a symbol of their flight in an entirely different clan. Lore for some writes that dragons of another flight were converted for fighting, servitude in exalted and numerous others.
Drakel wrote on 2016-01-19:
@/SkylarJayne

Kind of in agreement with Drakel here. Take for example clans with flight ambassadors, their practically a symbol of their flight in an entirely different clan. Lore for some writes that dragons of another flight were converted for fighting, servitude in exalted and numerous others.
fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif
I don't know, Icepop seems pretty chill with whatever his children do.
I don't know, Icepop seems pretty chill with whatever his children do.
lik2pA1X.jpg
@skychickens i see what you did there

i've always figured that either dragons are super into their deity (my avatar RN, quill, is a HUGE windsinger fanboy), or they're ambivalent about it. and some still don't like the element they were born to and desire to serve another.

i started a pinkerlocke (and then abandoned it >.>) with a snapper who left his home to go to wind flight because he heard wind snappers could fly, and he was desperate to try.
@skychickens i see what you did there

i've always figured that either dragons are super into their deity (my avatar RN, quill, is a HUGE windsinger fanboy), or they're ambivalent about it. and some still don't like the element they were born to and desire to serve another.

i started a pinkerlocke (and then abandoned it >.>) with a snapper who left his home to go to wind flight because he heard wind snappers could fly, and he was desperate to try.
GkfDmNh.png
@SkylarJayne

It seems more that the deities are more interested in keeping other elements from overtaking all of Sornieth than where each dragon goes. Like, the Shadow flight is all about trickery, but if the Shadowbinder managed to cover all of Sornieth in shadow, then the Earth Dragons' history would be clouded, the Arcane Dragons' curiosity would be swamped, and the Light Dragons' philosophy would be smothered. If the Icewarden took over, then both Nature and Plague would have their respective expansion ruined as the Ice Flight freezes and preserves everything. The Earthshaker would halt the advancement of Lightning and Arcane...

As for dragons, it depends on species, elements, and other factors. A Guardian is not in control of what their charge is, so they may travel to other lands to find it. A Wind dragon of any kind is probably more interested in wandering than anything. Maybe a specific dragon just had a problem with members of their previous clan and chose to leave.
@SkylarJayne

It seems more that the deities are more interested in keeping other elements from overtaking all of Sornieth than where each dragon goes. Like, the Shadow flight is all about trickery, but if the Shadowbinder managed to cover all of Sornieth in shadow, then the Earth Dragons' history would be clouded, the Arcane Dragons' curiosity would be swamped, and the Light Dragons' philosophy would be smothered. If the Icewarden took over, then both Nature and Plague would have their respective expansion ruined as the Ice Flight freezes and preserves everything. The Earthshaker would halt the advancement of Lightning and Arcane...

As for dragons, it depends on species, elements, and other factors. A Guardian is not in control of what their charge is, so they may travel to other lands to find it. A Wind dragon of any kind is probably more interested in wandering than anything. Maybe a specific dragon just had a problem with members of their previous clan and chose to leave.
Ovy5qGZ.gif
In my lair, most of my dragons are there because they didn't like their birth clan, so they tend to be pretty happy to serve the Gladekeeper. The exception is my flight reps, which follow their represented deity first and the Gladekeeper second. It's kind of like the Asimov laws of robotics - their first deity is the most important, and the second deity they follow unless the doctrines conflict with their first. If that makes any sense. [quote name="Sopheroo" date=2016-01-19 09:54:03] Earthshaker cries when his children leave him. [/quote] Earthshaker put an enchantment on my Earth rep that turned his wings to stone so he couldn't fly, reminding him of his place and his connection to the earth. And also keeping him a little closer.
In my lair, most of my dragons are there because they didn't like their birth clan, so they tend to be pretty happy to serve the Gladekeeper. The exception is my flight reps, which follow their represented deity first and the Gladekeeper second. It's kind of like the Asimov laws of robotics - their first deity is the most important, and the second deity they follow unless the doctrines conflict with their first. If that makes any sense.
Sopheroo wrote on 2016-01-19:
Earthshaker cries when his children leave him.
Earthshaker put an enchantment on my Earth rep that turned his wings to stone so he couldn't fly, reminding him of his place and his connection to the earth. And also keeping him a little closer.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Fusing themselves into the pillar kept the Shade at bay for a long time. Although the deities don't get along, they understand the importance of working together. I think they are proud that their children can co-exist, even if the deities themselves can't. Maybe that's why they created the different dragon breeds in the first place. The dragons were created to do what the deities couldn't.

That's my opinion, anyway.
Fusing themselves into the pillar kept the Shade at bay for a long time. Although the deities don't get along, they understand the importance of working together. I think they are proud that their children can co-exist, even if the deities themselves can't. Maybe that's why they created the different dragon breeds in the first place. The dragons were created to do what the deities couldn't.

That's my opinion, anyway.
tumblr_inline_njny437T5Q1sztcmx.png
[/center]
1 2