Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting rant included at no extra cost
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I just wanted to get this off my chest real quick, and I know probably almost all of you have had this happen too.

People who exalt unnamed dragons.

Please don't do this! I sell unnamed dragons sometimes because I personally enjoy getting to name my dragons and I know lots of other people do as well. You can rename them with a scroll, sure, but for players who can't easily afford to do that, getting to name their dragons for free is really nice.

If you're going to exalt a dragon, just take the two seconds to click the little button, click random, and click accept. I don't care what you name it, just don't leave my dragons with Unnamed in their offspring list. It's disrespectful. I tried to be nice by letting you name it yourself and you respond with rudeness.

I know that so many people have had this happen that it's the oldest of topics and been discussed hundreds of times. I just wanted to share just why I don't always name the dragons I sell. It's not because I can't be bothered. Quite the opposite usually. Trying to be nice to players who can't afford a scroll of renaming might have to stop though, and I might have to just name every dragon I put up for sale because a couple bad apples spoil it for everyone.

I don't mind the Unnamed as much as some people do. But to those out there who exalt unnamed dragons, please reconsider. Thank you.
I just wanted to get this off my chest real quick, and I know probably almost all of you have had this happen too.

People who exalt unnamed dragons.

Please don't do this! I sell unnamed dragons sometimes because I personally enjoy getting to name my dragons and I know lots of other people do as well. You can rename them with a scroll, sure, but for players who can't easily afford to do that, getting to name their dragons for free is really nice.

If you're going to exalt a dragon, just take the two seconds to click the little button, click random, and click accept. I don't care what you name it, just don't leave my dragons with Unnamed in their offspring list. It's disrespectful. I tried to be nice by letting you name it yourself and you respond with rudeness.

I know that so many people have had this happen that it's the oldest of topics and been discussed hundreds of times. I just wanted to share just why I don't always name the dragons I sell. It's not because I can't be bothered. Quite the opposite usually. Trying to be nice to players who can't afford a scroll of renaming might have to stop though, and I might have to just name every dragon I put up for sale because a couple bad apples spoil it for everyone.

I don't mind the Unnamed as much as some people do. But to those out there who exalt unnamed dragons, please reconsider. Thank you.

wpad1.gif
Name dragons sold for under 15k.

It is literally the only way you will avoid unnamed exalts.

Renaming scrolls are only 6k.

I've been here for a long time and naming dragons for sale is the only way to get by without getting your dragons exalted unnamed in heated Dom pushes where they quite literally don't have time to name your dragons

You will go insane otherwise, trust me I've been down that road.

I've been here for a long time and naming dragons for sale is the only way to get by without getting your dragons exalted unnamed in heated Dom pushes where they quite literally don't have time to name your dragons

tumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.pngWdONqUX.pngXTW2CvL.pngHHwSNC6.pngzLY7gkC.pngtumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.png[/img]
A lot of people have unnamed exalts for lore reasons, so it's unreasonable to yell at them. If you want them to name it before exalting, you can ask in the dragon bio, but otherwise once they buy it, it's their dragon. I've seen this a lot lately, and it's not an unreasonable question, but a lot of people don't like it when people rant about this.
A lot of people have unnamed exalts for lore reasons, so it's unreasonable to yell at them. If you want them to name it before exalting, you can ask in the dragon bio, but otherwise once they buy it, it's their dragon. I've seen this a lot lately, and it's not an unreasonable question, but a lot of people don't like it when people rant about this.
p9LLFVh.png Wishlist c55Bvd2.png a9TTUxz.gif
The thing is, it's your responsibility to keep your offspring lists free from unnamed dragons if you're the one who cares about that. If you don't, you're going to have to live with the risk of unnamed exalts. You can't have everything.

Even as a newbie, I had no problem at all playing some quick fairground games to gather 6k for a renaming scroll. And anyone who truly wants to keep a dragon will do the same.

(general you, btw)

Edit: It's disrespectful to expect me to adapt my playstyle to someone else's just because they don't want to do the things they care about themselves when they're perfectly able to.
The thing is, it's your responsibility to keep your offspring lists free from unnamed dragons if you're the one who cares about that. If you don't, you're going to have to live with the risk of unnamed exalts. You can't have everything.

Even as a newbie, I had no problem at all playing some quick fairground games to gather 6k for a renaming scroll. And anyone who truly wants to keep a dragon will do the same.

(general you, btw)

Edit: It's disrespectful to expect me to adapt my playstyle to someone else's just because they don't want to do the things they care about themselves when they're perfectly able to.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
[quote name="Christovski" date=2015-12-21 09:34:01] Name dragons sold for under 15k. It is literally the only way you will avoid unnamed exalts. Renaming scrolls are only 6k. I've been here for a long time and naming dragons for sale is the only way to get by without getting your dragons exalted unnamed in heated Dom pushes where they quite literally don't have time to name your dragons You will go insane otherwise, trust me I've been down that road. [/quote] ^ This. Every dragon in my lair I don't want gets named Gift. If someone doesn't like the name, 6kt isn't gonna break the bank. I've sold plenty of dragons to perma homes that got renamed.
Christovski wrote on 2015-12-21:

^ This. Every dragon in my lair I don't want gets named Gift. If someone doesn't like the name, 6kt isn't gonna break the bank. I've sold plenty of dragons to perma homes that got renamed.
The quickest and easiest way to avoid unnamed exalts in your offspring lists is to name the dragon before you sell it. It's the only way to guarantee that they will not be exalted Unnamed.

There is a feature in the works to provide an option to hide all exalted offspring from your lineage list, so named or not, you won't have to see them.
The quickest and easiest way to avoid unnamed exalts in your offspring lists is to name the dragon before you sell it. It's the only way to guarantee that they will not be exalted Unnamed.

There is a feature in the works to provide an option to hide all exalted offspring from your lineage list, so named or not, you won't have to see them.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
SUP. COUNTERRANT. [quote] It's disrespectful. I tried to be nice by letting you name it yourself and you respond with rudeness.[/quote] No. Not naming a dragon is not rude. Giving a dragon a slur for a name is rude. Using dragons for personal attacks is rude. "ShadowbinderSux" is rude. But, not naming is not rude. [quote] I don't mind the Unnamed as much as some people do. But to those out there who exalt unnamed dragons, please reconsider. Thank you.[/quote] Why? I can do as I wish with the dragons I paid for, right? I mean, I bought the dragon, I didn't loan it. Anyway. Back to mass exalting in heated dom pushes. Naming dragons takes time. One click of the generator takes what, five seconds? Do you know what I could have done with that five seconds? Exalt another dragon. So, you are saying that, for the sake of your offspring list, I should exalt 50% less dragons, therefore, making 50% less profit, and reducing my flight's chances to win (I'm in Earth, every single person matters in small flights) Please consider pre-naming dragons when you sell them. That way, your offspring list, which seems to matter a lot more to you than you originally said, will remain pristine, and we, flight exalters, are going to go and do our jobs of balancing the economy in a more efficient way. Win-win. Hell yes.
SUP. COUNTERRANT.
Quote:
It's disrespectful. I tried to be nice by letting you name it yourself and you respond with rudeness.

No. Not naming a dragon is not rude. Giving a dragon a slur for a name is rude. Using dragons for personal attacks is rude. "ShadowbinderSux" is rude. But, not naming is not rude.

Quote:

Why? I can do as I wish with the dragons I paid for, right? I mean, I bought the dragon, I didn't loan it.

Anyway. Back to mass exalting in heated dom pushes.

Naming dragons takes time. One click of the generator takes what, five seconds? Do you know what I could have done with that five seconds? Exalt another dragon.

So, you are saying that, for the sake of your offspring list, I should exalt 50% less dragons, therefore, making 50% less profit, and reducing my flight's chances to win (I'm in Earth, every single person matters in small flights)

Please consider pre-naming dragons when you sell them. That way, your offspring list, which seems to matter a lot more to you than you originally said, will remain pristine, and we, flight exalters, are going to go and do our jobs of balancing the economy in a more efficient way. Win-win. Hell yes.
[quote name="Sopheroo" date=2015-12-21 09:40:54] SUP. COUNTERRANT. [quote] It's disrespectful. I tried to be nice by letting you name it yourself and you respond with rudeness.[/quote] No. Not naming a dragon is not rude. Giving a dragon a slur for a name is rude. Using dragons for personal attacks is rude. "ShadowbinderSux" is rude. But, not naming is not rude. [quote] I don't mind the Unnamed as much as some people do. But to those out there who exalt unnamed dragons, please reconsider. Thank you.[/quote] Why? I can do as I wish with the dragons I paid for, right? I mean, I bought the dragon, I didn't loan it. Anyway. Back to mass exalting in heated dom pushes. Naming dragons takes time. One click of the generator takes what, five seconds? Do you know what I could have done with that five seconds? Exalt another dragon. So, you are saying that, for the sake of your offspring list, I should exalt 50% less dragons, therefore, making 50% less profit, and reducing my flight's chances to win (I'm in Earth, every single person matters in small flights) Please consider pre-naming dragons when you sell them. That way, your offspring list, which seems to matter a lot more to you than you originally said, will remain pristine, and we, flight exalters, are going to go and do our jobs of balancing the economy in a more efficient way. Win-win. Hell yes. [/quote] all of this. also, renaming scrolls are just 6k??? you can get that much in a few rounds of Higher or Lower, let alone doing the other Fairgrounds games and Coli grinding. seriously, it's not much skin off anyone's back if they need to buy a rename scroll, and pre-named dragons are always appreciated in Dom efforts. tl;dr if you want 'em named, name 'em yourself. what happens after a dragon is bought is up to the buyer, not the seller.
Sopheroo wrote on 2015-12-21:
SUP. COUNTERRANT.
Quote:
It's disrespectful. I tried to be nice by letting you name it yourself and you respond with rudeness.

No. Not naming a dragon is not rude. Giving a dragon a slur for a name is rude. Using dragons for personal attacks is rude. "ShadowbinderSux" is rude. But, not naming is not rude.

Quote:

Why? I can do as I wish with the dragons I paid for, right? I mean, I bought the dragon, I didn't loan it.

Anyway. Back to mass exalting in heated dom pushes.

Naming dragons takes time. One click of the generator takes what, five seconds? Do you know what I could have done with that five seconds? Exalt another dragon.

So, you are saying that, for the sake of your offspring list, I should exalt 50% less dragons, therefore, making 50% less profit, and reducing my flight's chances to win (I'm in Earth, every single person matters in small flights)

Please consider pre-naming dragons when you sell them. That way, your offspring list, which seems to matter a lot more to you than you originally said, will remain pristine, and we, flight exalters, are going to go and do our jobs of balancing the economy in a more efficient way. Win-win. Hell yes.

all of this.

also, renaming scrolls are just 6k??? you can get that much in a few rounds of Higher or Lower, let alone doing the other Fairgrounds games and Coli grinding. seriously, it's not much skin off anyone's back if they need to buy a rename scroll, and pre-named dragons are always appreciated in Dom efforts.

tl;dr if you want 'em named, name 'em yourself. what happens after a dragon is bought is up to the buyer, not the seller.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
No offense, but name your own damn dragons because I'm sick of seeing boards like this pop up three times a month. 0% chance at unnamed exalt if you name your dragons yourself, bam. No more heartache for the seller and no more headaches for ppl who've been around long enough to hate boards like these.
No offense, but name your own damn dragons because I'm sick of seeing boards like this pop up three times a month. 0% chance at unnamed exalt if you name your dragons yourself, bam. No more heartache for the seller and no more headaches for ppl who've been around long enough to hate boards like these.
8qtapnq.pngtumblr_nky7fv7Uz91tfytxqo2_r1_75sq.pngRmHSCAk.png
Well, since you acknowledged that this is the oldest of topics, I'll respond with the oldest of responses, just so that you know what to expect. You can imagine it as a mantra of sorts. [quote]"Once I buy it, it is [i]my[/i] dragon and it belongs to[i] me[/i]. As long as it's not against the rules, I can do whatever I want with it, and the original owner has no right to dictate what I can or cannot do with it. Also, name it before selling it."[/quote] May I also ask why people despise Unnamed dragons so much? The only reason I can think of is that it looks [i]slightly [/i]unappealing on a dragon's progeny, which is... in my opinion, not the best reason to start a rant over it, even though this topic seems to reappear every few weeks on this site. I've never heard anyone complain about it on Dragon Cave, or any other breeding site, but maybe I'm just blind.
Well, since you acknowledged that this is the oldest of topics, I'll respond with the oldest of responses, just so that you know what to expect. You can imagine it as a mantra of sorts.
Quote:
"Once I buy it, it is my dragon and it belongs to me. As long as it's not against the rules, I can do whatever I want with it, and the original owner has no right to dictate what I can or cannot do with it.

Also, name it before selling it."

May I also ask why people despise Unnamed dragons so much? The only reason I can think of is that it looks slightly unappealing on a dragon's progeny, which is... in my opinion, not the best reason to start a rant over it, even though this topic seems to reappear every few weeks on this site. I've never heard anyone complain about it on Dragon Cave, or any other breeding site, but maybe I'm just blind.
2uq3ZkE.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7