Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | time to talk about nge
i hate this garbage show it has wrecked me emotionally and yet i am still devoted to it
i hate this garbage show it has wrecked me emotionally and yet i am still devoted to it
@daza
I feel your pain. I hate it but I love it so much.
@daza
I feel your pain. I hate it but I love it so much.
@daza [img]http://38.media.tumblr.com/b224cb399aa61af4e1d0faed403ccf72/tumblr_inline_nel6cjjNyi1ra081x.gif[/img] Congratulations
@daza

tumblr_inline_nel6cjjNyi1ra081x.gif
Congratulations
Qvf2ANo.png tumblr_inline_nswmwupsoW1qiwi8o_500.gif
tumblr_inline_nswmw5JL6j1qiwi8o_500.gif
GDPkdgU.png
tumblr_inline_nswmwupsoW1qiwi8o_500.gif
tumblr_inline_nswmw5JL6j1qiwi8o_500.gif
@gazehound idk ppl hate shinji for the whole 'SHINJIS A *****' argument but tbh he acted like a depressed 14 year old would and his reactions were realistic so Ya
@gazehound idk ppl hate shinji for the whole 'SHINJIS A *****' argument but tbh he acted like a depressed 14 year old would and his reactions were realistic so Ya
when the shinji gets in the robot i feel no pain at all
when the shinji gets in the robot i feel no pain at all
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
@gazehound Shinji actually has more of a backbone in the manga than the anime, and I am also VERY ATTACHED TO MANGA SHINJI

And I love Kaworu in all three iterations, but wowee is it impressive that Kaworu, Karl, and Qworu hit different points and can be regarded as different characters by the fandom. Honestly, Qworu breaks my heart, as he didn't actually ask for death. In that loop, he didn't ask Shinji for anything, Shinji wasn't in control, and Kaworu just broke. UGH. And how long did he wait for Shinji? How many times around has this been (I'm going with just 3 until proven otherwise)? And what does he do? He waits for Shinji to come to him, as opposed to directly seeking Shinji out. He doesn't use kid gloves dealing with Shinji, and only helps him when he himself asks for it. Also, Qwaru has the strongest Jesus allegory I've seen in a long time, and I adore it.
Karl is a big jerk and I love him. I read The Mysterious Stranger by Mark Twain because of him, and after reading it, I really do see that parellel with the strangeness of angels. Thank goodness Kaworu isn't actually Satan in NGE though. Karl was actually my first Kaworu too, which was weird, what with Shinji hating his guts and all.
@gazehound Shinji actually has more of a backbone in the manga than the anime, and I am also VERY ATTACHED TO MANGA SHINJI

And I love Kaworu in all three iterations, but wowee is it impressive that Kaworu, Karl, and Qworu hit different points and can be regarded as different characters by the fandom. Honestly, Qworu breaks my heart, as he didn't actually ask for death. In that loop, he didn't ask Shinji for anything, Shinji wasn't in control, and Kaworu just broke. UGH. And how long did he wait for Shinji? How many times around has this been (I'm going with just 3 until proven otherwise)? And what does he do? He waits for Shinji to come to him, as opposed to directly seeking Shinji out. He doesn't use kid gloves dealing with Shinji, and only helps him when he himself asks for it. Also, Qwaru has the strongest Jesus allegory I've seen in a long time, and I adore it.
Karl is a big jerk and I love him. I read The Mysterious Stranger by Mark Twain because of him, and after reading it, I really do see that parellel with the strangeness of angels. Thank goodness Kaworu isn't actually Satan in NGE though. Karl was actually my first Kaworu too, which was weird, what with Shinji hating his guts and all.
tumblr_nwsrmeoR4W1sk2f1lo1_500.png