Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Login issues
I've been having an issue with my login where if i attempt to log in while the site is down, which is 11 pm my time, when i attempt to log in later it will detect me as both logged in and not. This results in the site oscillating between showing me as logged in and logged off, making taking any actions next to impossible. This is exacerbated by the fact that this causes the site to run extremely slowly, up to 5 minutes for a single page to load, only to tell me that I'm not actually logged in.

The only fix I have found is to wait for a page to say that I am logged in, and then log out and back in again. Unfortunately, the slowness persists until I am logged in, meaning that if i get my password wrong, I may click multiple times to submit thinking it didn't register. When the page finally loads, its incorrect and I've been locked out. Its very frustrating.

Now, usually this has happened after I attempt to log in during off time, as I said before, but today it happened again, but I did not attempt to log in while the site was down.

Other possibly relevant information is that I have the remember me option selected, and my browser is Chrome.
I've been having an issue with my login where if i attempt to log in while the site is down, which is 11 pm my time, when i attempt to log in later it will detect me as both logged in and not. This results in the site oscillating between showing me as logged in and logged off, making taking any actions next to impossible. This is exacerbated by the fact that this causes the site to run extremely slowly, up to 5 minutes for a single page to load, only to tell me that I'm not actually logged in.

The only fix I have found is to wait for a page to say that I am logged in, and then log out and back in again. Unfortunately, the slowness persists until I am logged in, meaning that if i get my password wrong, I may click multiple times to submit thinking it didn't register. When the page finally loads, its incorrect and I've been locked out. Its very frustrating.

Now, usually this has happened after I attempt to log in during off time, as I said before, but today it happened again, but I did not attempt to log in while the site was down.

Other possibly relevant information is that I have the remember me option selected, and my browser is Chrome.
Clear your cache and cookies, just to refresh all the data.

The Remember Me doesnt work. It hasnt as long as I've been here. When I joined in April of last year, it worked for some people, sometimes for others and never for the rest (myself included). It has since been disabled entirely during the optimization period.

A lot of what you're experiencing has to do with the optimizations and the differences between the www1. pages and regular pages. The best work around I've found is to access FR from a regular page (like your lair) and log in from there. For me, this means I am logged in everywhere for as long as I remain on the site. Once I leave, I'll have to log back in when I return but this has always been the case for me.

Give it a try and see if it helps you out at all.
Clear your cache and cookies, just to refresh all the data.

The Remember Me doesnt work. It hasnt as long as I've been here. When I joined in April of last year, it worked for some people, sometimes for others and never for the rest (myself included). It has since been disabled entirely during the optimization period.

A lot of what you're experiencing has to do with the optimizations and the differences between the www1. pages and regular pages. The best work around I've found is to access FR from a regular page (like your lair) and log in from there. For me, this means I am logged in everywhere for as long as I remain on the site. Once I leave, I'll have to log back in when I return but this has always been the case for me.

Give it a try and see if it helps you out at all.
..........................................................~FR+1~
Mod Tip: Site bugging out? Clear your cache. :)
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group.
GnWIkP6.gif
@Ozsoar; As ACWN explained, the issues you are experiencing are due to the site optimisations, and the discrepancy between www and www1 pages. When logging in, make sure you log in from a www1 page, (such as the home page) as that will make sure you will also get logged in on the www pages. The other way around, it doesn't work; logging in to www, doesn't automatically log you in on the www1 pages.

I hope this helps for you! c:
@Ozsoar; As ACWN explained, the issues you are experiencing are due to the site optimisations, and the discrepancy between www and www1 pages. When logging in, make sure you log in from a www1 page, (such as the home page) as that will make sure you will also get logged in on the www pages. The other way around, it doesn't work; logging in to www, doesn't automatically log you in on the www1 pages.

I hope this helps for you! c:
@Gaia

Works for me *shrugs* When I close the browser (leave the site) and come back, I'm still logged in on the www1. pages but not the regular pages. So when I log in on the regular pages, I'm logged in across the whole site.
@Gaia

Works for me *shrugs* When I close the browser (leave the site) and come back, I'm still logged in on the www1. pages but not the regular pages. So when I log in on the regular pages, I'm logged in across the whole site.
..........................................................~FR+1~
Mod Tip: Site bugging out? Clear your cache. :)
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group.
GnWIkP6.gif
@ACWN: When you are already logged in on the www1 pages, you only need to log in to www, cause you are already logged in to www1. But when you are logging in for the first time (ie not logged in yet), logging in from www1 will log you in for the entire site including www, while the other way around will not work, because you were not logged in to www1 to begin with.

Edit: In other words: When you are already logged in onto www1, logging in to www will indeed cause you to be logged into the entire site, but only because you were already logged in on www1. If you aren't logged into www1 yet, and you log in from www, you will not automatically log into www1, because it isn't properly linked. That is why I advice logging in from www1 from the get go, as that only required one log in, rather than two separate ones.
@ACWN: When you are already logged in on the www1 pages, you only need to log in to www, cause you are already logged in to www1. But when you are logging in for the first time (ie not logged in yet), logging in from www1 will log you in for the entire site including www, while the other way around will not work, because you were not logged in to www1 to begin with.

Edit: In other words: When you are already logged in onto www1, logging in to www will indeed cause you to be logged into the entire site, but only because you were already logged in on www1. If you aren't logged into www1 yet, and you log in from www, you will not automatically log into www1, because it isn't properly linked. That is why I advice logging in from www1 from the get go, as that only required one log in, rather than two separate ones.