Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make Identical Coli Monsters Distinct
Something that has been bugging me about the coliseum is that if you have multiple of the same monster, you can't tell which of them is up next in the turn order. You just have to guess. I have two different methods of making it possible to tell which is which. 1. Put numbers beside the names of the monster and by their icon in the turn order. and/or 2. When mousing over a monster to highlight them while attacking, also highlight the corresponding icon in the turn order. Here's an image showing off both options at once. [img]http://i.imgur.com/VZvikKZ.png[/img] Sometimes there are also monsters that use the same image but are different colors. In regards to numbering them, I'd make it so it's always along the lines of this: Shale Thresher 1 Granite Thresher 2 Shale Thresher 3 Granite Thresher 4 There are likely some users with color blindness, and it would be more helpful than Shale Thresher 1 and Granite Thresher 1 when figuring out which is which in the turn order. (Would probably also be easier for programming to just always append the first monster with 1, the second monster with 2, etc instead of differentiating between battles that have identical/similar monsters and battles that don't)
Something that has been bugging me about the coliseum is that if you have multiple of the same monster, you can't tell which of them is up next in the turn order. You just have to guess. I have two different methods of making it possible to tell which is which.

1. Put numbers beside the names of the monster and by their icon in the turn order.
and/or
2. When mousing over a monster to highlight them while attacking, also highlight the corresponding icon in the turn order.

Here's an image showing off both options at once.
VZvikKZ.png

Sometimes there are also monsters that use the same image but are different colors. In regards to numbering them, I'd make it so it's always along the lines of this:

Shale Thresher 1
Granite Thresher 2
Shale Thresher 3
Granite Thresher 4

There are likely some users with color blindness, and it would be more helpful than Shale Thresher 1 and Granite Thresher 1 when figuring out which is which in the turn order.
(Would probably also be easier for programming to just always append the first monster with 1, the second monster with 2, etc instead of differentiating between battles that have identical/similar monsters and battles that don't)
I would support something like this, as it's nice to know which one to kill first.

...That being said, sometimes even if you do kill one first, the second one just gets two attacks to make up for it ¬¬
I would support something like this, as it's nice to know which one to kill first.

...That being said, sometimes even if you do kill one first, the second one just gets two attacks to make up for it ¬¬
The monsters currently go in order from top to bottom when there's a speed tie, same as dragons. There is, however, a glitch where in some cases of a speed tie, only ONE of the two monsters gets to go. If that monster is killed, the other either inherits the action or is given an extra action. This glitch prevents me from being able to support suggestions like this, as it would just mean the the turn order, upon killing the one you THINK is going next, goes from

Monster 1
Monster 2
Dragon 1
Dragon 2

to

Monster 2
Monster 2
Dragon 1
Dragon 2
The monsters currently go in order from top to bottom when there's a speed tie, same as dragons. There is, however, a glitch where in some cases of a speed tie, only ONE of the two monsters gets to go. If that monster is killed, the other either inherits the action or is given an extra action. This glitch prevents me from being able to support suggestions like this, as it would just mean the the turn order, upon killing the one you THINK is going next, goes from

Monster 1
Monster 2
Dragon 1
Dragon 2

to

Monster 2
Monster 2
Dragon 1
Dragon 2
I was just thinking about this. It seems like, if there's two of the same monster and I need to kill a specific one that turn because it attacks before the other one, I somehow always attack the wrong one.

There's always a chance it's an intended mechanic that we don't know which one's which rather than an oversight, but I would love a distinction mechanic nonetheless :D
I was just thinking about this. It seems like, if there's two of the same monster and I need to kill a specific one that turn because it attacks before the other one, I somehow always attack the wrong one.

There's always a chance it's an intended mechanic that we don't know which one's which rather than an oversight, but I would love a distinction mechanic nonetheless :D
yeah this would be helpful
yeah this would be helpful
trans rights are human rights
They go top to bottom except for one particular arrangement of owlcats in Scorched Forest which is buggy.
They go top to bottom except for one particular arrangement of owlcats in Scorched Forest which is buggy.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
If only one enemy attacked between your dragon’s attacks, it will just replace its fallen friend in the order regardless, so the point is moot. It doesn’t actually change anything if you’re given the order.
If only one enemy attacked between your dragon’s attacks, it will just replace its fallen friend in the order regardless, so the point is moot. It doesn’t actually change anything if you’re given the order.
sBdLZtA.png