Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Bear holiday familiars
1 2 3 4 5
@Asmo I WANT QUAILS FOR EARTH AAAAAAAAA
wow this is off topic w hoops but birds tho
@Asmo I WANT QUAILS FOR EARTH AAAAAAAAA
wow this is off topic w hoops but birds tho
I collect all the Quails yes yes
False-Peacock Quail Valley Quail Flecked Bushrunner Bobwhite Quail
@Asmo

Yes I would like to order 300 Earth Kiwis please and thank you
I wonder if the FR team accepts hopes and dreams as a form of payment...
@Asmo

Yes I would like to order 300 Earth Kiwis please and thank you
I wonder if the FR team accepts hopes and dreams as a form of payment...
forest1.pngforest2.pngforest3.pngforest4.pngforest6.png
@MoonAndFlowers @Asmo @AmmyBanannie I want mighty WATER BOOBIES! [img]http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll371/voltastreet/boobieee_zpsaphrlhdl.jpg[/img] Also, Shadow can have Potoo. [img]http://www.purocoffee.com/tl_files/puro_2012/news/potoo_baby2.jpg[/img]
@MoonAndFlowers
@Asmo
@AmmyBanannie

I want mighty WATER BOOBIES!

boobieee_zpsaphrlhdl.jpg

Also, Shadow can have Potoo.
potoo_baby2.jpg

0PSsH9E.png

Xzuw0kv.gif
We are being watched.
The government has a secret system,
a machine that spies on you every hour of every day.
I designed the machine to detect acts of terror
but it sees everything...
dyNkCVG.gif Pvj9w5p.png

uU6ZmcR.gif
@Godspeed I FORGOT ABOUT BOOBIES HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT THEM I feel like someone needs and eagle. Like a silly looking eagle from the front view. [img]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/eagle-protrait-from-front-christian-sasse.jpg[/img]
@Godspeed

I FORGOT ABOUT BOOBIES HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT THEM
I feel like someone needs and eagle. Like a silly looking eagle from the front view.
eagle-protrait-from-front-christian-sasse.jpg
forest1.pngforest2.pngforest3.pngforest4.pngforest6.png
@MoonAndFlowers

Light could use an eagle XD
@MoonAndFlowers

Light could use an eagle XD

0PSsH9E.png

Xzuw0kv.gif
We are being watched.
The government has a secret system,
a machine that spies on you every hour of every day.
I designed the machine to detect acts of terror
but it sees everything...
dyNkCVG.gif Pvj9w5p.png

uU6ZmcR.gif
I used to live way up north in Canada where bears were a problem. Though the only time I've ever seen them attack anyone or anything was when they were threatened or their babies were.

In fact I've noticed most wild animals will not attack you if they don't have too. (Except for raccoons. They're crazy... xD.)

Personally, I love bears, Though I joined after the vote. The other options looked wonderful, especially the imps. Ah well! Few more months and we can vote again!

*Prays for imps*
I used to live way up north in Canada where bears were a problem. Though the only time I've ever seen them attack anyone or anything was when they were threatened or their babies were.

In fact I've noticed most wild animals will not attack you if they don't have too. (Except for raccoons. They're crazy... xD.)

Personally, I love bears, Though I joined after the vote. The other options looked wonderful, especially the imps. Ah well! Few more months and we can vote again!

*Prays for imps*
rbHnJkQ.png
Okay, this getting a little out of hand I think. This reply is at pretty much everyone, and is going to be super generalized.

All of the cases where things like cats or apes have done this to people, there were extenuating circumstances. They thought they were playing, and did not proceed to eat the person, or were starving because the person could not afford their care, so they did eat a person they would not normally have eaten. Specifically with apes there were generally problems with a social interaction that would not have been a thing for us, and was for the apes, and in many cases there were other apes involved that pressured the pet ape's actions. There can be NO DIFFERENCE between today and yesterday, except TODAY is time for the bear to eat you, when yesterday was not.

http://www.nwf.org/wildlife/wildlife-library/mammals/grizzly-bear.aspx

"Grizzly bears are mainly solitary and territorial, except for mothers and her cubs or when a plentiful food source is discovered. Grizzlies are known to congregate at rivers with many fish and at improperly fenced garbage dumps."

See? Territorial.

A bear will kill his own babies to mate with the same female again, which makes no sense, and mothers will kill their babies if they wake up too hungry, which I know is so they can survive to have MORE babies, but I mean even the "mama bear" stereotype does not hold true in every circumstance.

I'm not saying that bears do not have their own place in the ecosystem. I don't by any means want them hunted to extinction or anything like that. And I'm not saying that I want them to be pets. This isn't an anti-bear crusade. There's lots of things that don't make good pets, but I still can appreciate them, and usually like them. I just don't think bears are something that should be romanticized, when I can't find ANY redeeming qualities that other major predators have. And I used families as examples a lot, but it's not the only redeeming quality there is, and other predators have them. Bears are just big mindless monsters out for themselves, and not very efficiently at that. Like it seems like I am ONLY applying human morals to an animal, but I don't think normal rules for NATURE applies to them either. How can something that destroys its own genetics for its own, singular, limited life be a successful species?

If you want to like them FOR those horrifying reasons, awesome. Good for you. Otherwise, I don't get it, or condone it, but I obviously can't stop you. Do what you want.

P.S. Birds? LOL XD How'd this happen? *is actually the owner/head admin of a Memo on Pesterchum called #BLuE_FOOTED_BOOBIES if any of that made sense to anybody. Just thought it was oddly relevant*
Okay, this getting a little out of hand I think. This reply is at pretty much everyone, and is going to be super generalized.

All of the cases where things like cats or apes have done this to people, there were extenuating circumstances. They thought they were playing, and did not proceed to eat the person, or were starving because the person could not afford their care, so they did eat a person they would not normally have eaten. Specifically with apes there were generally problems with a social interaction that would not have been a thing for us, and was for the apes, and in many cases there were other apes involved that pressured the pet ape's actions. There can be NO DIFFERENCE between today and yesterday, except TODAY is time for the bear to eat you, when yesterday was not.

http://www.nwf.org/wildlife/wildlife-library/mammals/grizzly-bear.aspx

"Grizzly bears are mainly solitary and territorial, except for mothers and her cubs or when a plentiful food source is discovered. Grizzlies are known to congregate at rivers with many fish and at improperly fenced garbage dumps."

See? Territorial.

A bear will kill his own babies to mate with the same female again, which makes no sense, and mothers will kill their babies if they wake up too hungry, which I know is so they can survive to have MORE babies, but I mean even the "mama bear" stereotype does not hold true in every circumstance.

I'm not saying that bears do not have their own place in the ecosystem. I don't by any means want them hunted to extinction or anything like that. And I'm not saying that I want them to be pets. This isn't an anti-bear crusade. There's lots of things that don't make good pets, but I still can appreciate them, and usually like them. I just don't think bears are something that should be romanticized, when I can't find ANY redeeming qualities that other major predators have. And I used families as examples a lot, but it's not the only redeeming quality there is, and other predators have them. Bears are just big mindless monsters out for themselves, and not very efficiently at that. Like it seems like I am ONLY applying human morals to an animal, but I don't think normal rules for NATURE applies to them either. How can something that destroys its own genetics for its own, singular, limited life be a successful species?

If you want to like them FOR those horrifying reasons, awesome. Good for you. Otherwise, I don't get it, or condone it, but I obviously can't stop you. Do what you want.

P.S. Birds? LOL XD How'd this happen? *is actually the owner/head admin of a Memo on Pesterchum called #BLuE_FOOTED_BOOBIES if any of that made sense to anybody. Just thought it was oddly relevant*
I've locked this thread as it is offtopic and, at this point, not really about Flight Rising.
I've locked this thread as it is offtopic and, at this point, not really about Flight Rising.
1 2 3 4 5