Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Bear holiday familiars
1 2 3 4 5
Hello everyone! Please keep the Site Rules and Guildlines in mind when posting in the forums! Please do not link to inappropriate content or circumvent the word filter. Thank you!
Hello everyone! Please keep the Site Rules and Guildlines in mind when posting in the forums! Please do not link to inappropriate content or circumvent the word filter. Thank you!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@TheTazza I appreciate your snark XD I love bears. I voted bears. [img]http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll371/voltastreet/tumblr_mt6aj8Asmk1rjg0bdo5_500_zps3d37a5b5.gif[/img] I really hoped we would get some of the smaller bears, too, like raccoons, or pandas but so far I love my bears. I hope we can vote birbs next year. I really dislike fairys sprites and imps. I always disliked that back then on Neopets, too. If we could sell familiars without taking away from the bestiary, I'd be selling my light sprite, too.
@TheTazza
I appreciate your snark XD

I love bears.
I voted bears.
tumblr_mt6aj8Asmk1rjg0bdo5_500_zps3d37a5b5.gif

I really hoped we would get some of the smaller bears, too, like raccoons, or pandas but so far I love my bears.

I hope we can vote birbs next year.

I really dislike fairys sprites and imps.
I always disliked that back then on Neopets, too.
If we could sell familiars without taking away from the bestiary, I'd be selling my light sprite, too.

0PSsH9E.png

Xzuw0kv.gif
We are being watched.
The government has a secret system,
a machine that spies on you every hour of every day.
I designed the machine to detect acts of terror
but it sees everything...
dyNkCVG.gif Pvj9w5p.png

uU6ZmcR.gif
@OrenjiStar

I'm not saying they aren't scary animals at times (they are wild animals after all) but I do find them cute and cuddly looking. (I mean I'd totally hug one if it didn't want to maul my face off).

We still could get the other options as festival familiars, I hope we do. I think there were Imps, Salamanders... fairies... elementals uhhh and that's all I remember.
@OrenjiStar

I'm not saying they aren't scary animals at times (they are wild animals after all) but I do find them cute and cuddly looking. (I mean I'd totally hug one if it didn't want to maul my face off).

We still could get the other options as festival familiars, I hope we do. I think there were Imps, Salamanders... fairies... elementals uhhh and that's all I remember.
@JCStitches

Sorry about the word filter. Didn't realize that was a rule. Still kinda new and it's been a while since I was censored anywhere. |D; lol

As for the link, I'm pretty sure I'm within the guidelines. It isn't violent towards anyone in specific and isn't racially insensitive, contain foul language, or sexual themes, or cheats etc. Just watching a dude getting eaten by a bear is graphic, so I put up the appropriate disclaimer.

((*might be being n00bish right now for replying to an admin idek*))
@JCStitches

Sorry about the word filter. Didn't realize that was a rule. Still kinda new and it's been a while since I was censored anywhere. |D; lol

As for the link, I'm pretty sure I'm within the guidelines. It isn't violent towards anyone in specific and isn't racially insensitive, contain foul language, or sexual themes, or cheats etc. Just watching a dude getting eaten by a bear is graphic, so I put up the appropriate disclaimer.

@OrenjiStar That....makes no sense to me?
That's basically saying that I don't want anyone to ever like Salamanders cause I don't like them and they're gross.

Bears are MEANT to be intimidating and powerful. That's why you don't mess with them at all. Lets take a grizzily bear for example.

A grizzily bear rears their cubs for 1-2 years. Good parenting skills there. Cubs move out and everyone is grand.
A grizzily bear is non-territorial. Meaning they're not going to get aggressive about territory space as other animals will.

The main point i'm trying to make here is that Bears are suppose to be big, bold, and broad. They're not meant for as house pets and should be respected as what they are.

Now if you're going to say that the father of a bear will kill his babies..... that's pretty much opening up to other species that do the same thing. Do you know what the mother Tasmanian devil does to her children? pretty cruel but that's how nature works :u
@OrenjiStar That....makes no sense to me?
That's basically saying that I don't want anyone to ever like Salamanders cause I don't like them and they're gross.

Bears are MEANT to be intimidating and powerful. That's why you don't mess with them at all. Lets take a grizzily bear for example.

A grizzily bear rears their cubs for 1-2 years. Good parenting skills there. Cubs move out and everyone is grand.
A grizzily bear is non-territorial. Meaning they're not going to get aggressive about territory space as other animals will.

The main point i'm trying to make here is that Bears are suppose to be big, bold, and broad. They're not meant for as house pets and should be respected as what they are.

Now if you're going to say that the father of a bear will kill his babies..... that's pretty much opening up to other species that do the same thing. Do you know what the mother Tasmanian devil does to her children? pretty cruel but that's how nature works :u
I collect all the Quails yes yes
False-Peacock Quail Valley Quail Flecked Bushrunner Bobwhite Quail
Bears aren't any more revolting or terrible than other creatures. They're just animals, doin' what they do. Your problems with bears, about how they have no family ties and lone males will attack females or cubs? That also describes all big cats EXCEPT lions, which are an abnormality because they are a social group. Bears fill a crucial biological niche, or they wouldn't be there at all lol. I can understand not liking them, there are plenty of animals I don't like [like coyotes, and cockroaches, and raccoons...] but I also recognize that they serve a purpose and need to be respected. C: I think a strong, smart, motherly omnivore is a good pick for a familiar, even if they have a darker side, because most animals are like that anyway.
Bears aren't any more revolting or terrible than other creatures. They're just animals, doin' what they do. Your problems with bears, about how they have no family ties and lone males will attack females or cubs? That also describes all big cats EXCEPT lions, which are an abnormality because they are a social group. Bears fill a crucial biological niche, or they wouldn't be there at all lol. I can understand not liking them, there are plenty of animals I don't like [like coyotes, and cockroaches, and raccoons...] but I also recognize that they serve a purpose and need to be respected. C: I think a strong, smart, motherly omnivore is a good pick for a familiar, even if they have a darker side, because most animals are like that anyway.
earthr.pngkpBHZdf.gifDQCsQbQ.gifearthshieldr.png
@AmmyBanannie
BIRBS!
ALL BIRBS.
@AmmyBanannie
BIRBS!
ALL BIRBS.

0PSsH9E.png

Xzuw0kv.gif
We are being watched.
The government has a secret system,
a machine that spies on you every hour of every day.
I designed the machine to detect acts of terror
but it sees everything...
dyNkCVG.gif Pvj9w5p.png

uU6ZmcR.gif
@Godspeed WHEEZES
GODBLESS THE GODSPEED FOR THESE MAGNIFICENT QUAILS AAAA
@Godspeed WHEEZES
GODBLESS THE GODSPEED FOR THESE MAGNIFICENT QUAILS AAAA
I collect all the Quails yes yes
False-Peacock Quail Valley Quail Flecked Bushrunner Bobwhite Quail
Whether it's true or not, maybe people see bears as cute and cuddly. Blame Winnie the Pooh and teddies in general if you must blame someone. :D

We're almost out of bears, meaning everyone will move on and find somethin' new to be upset about. Like maybe... how the number of flights is a prime number. Or that Nocturnes look like bats and bats are reminiscent of vampires and vampires are awful people. Et cetra, et cetra, et cetra.

Meanwhile I'll be over here hoarding bears for the inevitable market of newbies who want bears. And also starting a "birbs for familiars" campaign with @Godspeed
Whether it's true or not, maybe people see bears as cute and cuddly. Blame Winnie the Pooh and teddies in general if you must blame someone. :D

We're almost out of bears, meaning everyone will move on and find somethin' new to be upset about. Like maybe... how the number of flights is a prime number. Or that Nocturnes look like bats and bats are reminiscent of vampires and vampires are awful people. Et cetra, et cetra, et cetra.

Meanwhile I'll be over here hoarding bears for the inevitable market of newbies who want bears. And also starting a "birbs for familiars" campaign with @Godspeed
forest1.pngforest2.pngforest3.pngforest4.pngforest6.png
[quote name="OrenjiStar" date="2015-02-25 13:30:39"]@JCStitches Sorry about the word filter. Didn't realize that was a rule. Still kinda new and it's been a while since I was censored anywhere. |D; lol As for the link, I'm pretty sure I'm within the guidelines. It isn't violent towards anyone in specific and isn't racially insensitive, contain foul language, or sexual themes, or cheats etc. Just watching a dude getting eaten by a bear is graphic, so I put up the appropriate disclaimer. ((*might be being n00bish right now for replying to an admin idek*))[/quote] @OrenjiStar, in general, if something linked or posted requires a disclaimer like NSFW or NSFL that kind of content is inappropriate, in violation of our [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=50][b]Rules[/b][/url], and we do not want it on [i]Flight Rising[/i]. @JCStitches was correct in removing the link. In the future, please send all questions and comments regarding moderation through [url=http://flightrising.com/index.php?p=contact][b]Contact Us[/b][/url] so that staff may review it. Thank you.
OrenjiStar wrote on 2015-02-25 13:30:39:
@JCStitches

@OrenjiStar, in general, if something linked or posted requires a disclaimer like NSFW or NSFL that kind of content is inappropriate, in violation of our Rules, and we do not want it on Flight Rising. @JCStitches was correct in removing the link. In the future, please send all questions and comments regarding moderation through Contact Us so that staff may review it. Thank you.
1 2 3 4 5