Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Bear holiday familiars
1 2 3 4 5
I don't know if this has been asked before, since I can't search the forums, but why are the familiars for holidays bears this year? Bears are terrible animals in general. I don't think there is anything quite as scary or revolting, and I adore most animals. I guess I could say I picked it up from my girlfriend, who has an out-in-out bear PHOBIA and is sickened and unsettled every time she sees one so the site's holidays have not been all that cheery. They're no where near the level of mysticism or appealing as the sprites were anyways. I'm finding it taxing to even IMAGINE putting up with bears for another three or four months or so.
I don't know if this has been asked before, since I can't search the forums, but why are the familiars for holidays bears this year? Bears are terrible animals in general. I don't think there is anything quite as scary or revolting, and I adore most animals. I guess I could say I picked it up from my girlfriend, who has an out-in-out bear PHOBIA and is sickened and unsettled every time she sees one so the site's holidays have not been all that cheery. They're no where near the level of mysticism or appealing as the sprites were anyways. I'm finding it taxing to even IMAGINE putting up with bears for another three or four months or so.
Well if you think about it, bears are kinda spiritual in some cultures? : o
Maybe the creators were inspired by one of those? Who knows, but we will have those next few bears before new familiars come out. I think they're kinda cute tho v ^ v
Well if you think about it, bears are kinda spiritual in some cultures? : o
Maybe the creators were inspired by one of those? Who knows, but we will have those next few bears before new familiars come out. I think they're kinda cute tho v ^ v
I collect all the Quails yes yes
False-Peacock Quail Valley Quail Flecked Bushrunner Bobwhite Quail
@OrenjiStar

There was a community vote/poll for this years familiars, before the sprite cycle was done.

Bears won.

Edit// By year I mean of course this festival cycle-year, not year year
@OrenjiStar

There was a community vote/poll for this years familiars, before the sprite cycle was done.

Bears won.

Edit// By year I mean of course this festival cycle-year, not year year
LIo8D8G.gif
There was a vote a while ago about which familiars people wanted as the next festival set and bears came out top.

I think bears are adorable creatures personally. :3
There was a vote a while ago about which familiars people wanted as the next festival set and bears came out top.

I think bears are adorable creatures personally. :3
Oooh I guess I was a little absent when the voting was around. I want a grumpy bear before they're done D8
Or cute bear

the sea bear
Oooh I guess I was a little absent when the voting was around. I want a grumpy bear before they're done D8
Or cute bear

the sea bear
I collect all the Quails yes yes
False-Peacock Quail Valley Quail Flecked Bushrunner Bobwhite Quail
Because there was a poll and people, for some reason, voted for the silly bear option out of a bunch of other great ones.

So we're stuck with them alllll year.

Thankfully, they're nearly over with. Well, not counting NotN. I think the admins are punishing us because part of the userbase whined about Festival familiars being retired, so now the bears (and, thus far, only the bears) will be returning every year until the collapse of human civilisation as a booby prize in NotN chests.

Yay.
Because there was a poll and people, for some reason, voted for the silly bear option out of a bunch of other great ones.

So we're stuck with them alllll year.

Thankfully, they're nearly over with. Well, not counting NotN. I think the admins are punishing us because part of the userbase whined about Festival familiars being retired, so now the bears (and, thus far, only the bears) will be returning every year until the collapse of human civilisation as a booby prize in NotN chests.

Yay.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
@GoldenBeetle

SERIOUSLY!? What were the other contestants that something as terrible as bears could win!?

@AmmyBanannie

I'm probably going to come across as really insensitive about his, but it's what I feel about this topic. You know how all civilizations have villainized certain animals, and then the more we find out about them, the more we learn that they're misunderstood and wonderful creatures? I feel that's the exact opposite with bears. Something once believed to be proud and majestic is just becoming uglier and uglier the more we learn about them. Like, I know that's true of me PERSONALLY. I used to really like bears, but the more I learned about them, the more I realized, "Holy *redacted*! Those things are ******* AWFUL!" And like lots of outdated stuff in religions ... we need to let it go.

Edited by @JCStitches for circumventing the word filter.
@GoldenBeetle

SERIOUSLY!? What were the other contestants that something as terrible as bears could win!?

@AmmyBanannie

I'm probably going to come across as really insensitive about his, but it's what I feel about this topic. You know how all civilizations have villainized certain animals, and then the more we find out about them, the more we learn that they're misunderstood and wonderful creatures? I feel that's the exact opposite with bears. Something once believed to be proud and majestic is just becoming uglier and uglier the more we learn about them. Like, I know that's true of me PERSONALLY. I used to really like bears, but the more I learned about them, the more I realized, "Holy *redacted*! Those things are ******* AWFUL!" And like lots of outdated stuff in religions ... we need to let it go.

Edited by @JCStitches for circumventing the word filter.
@OrenjiStar

I think there were at least umh... Elementals, Salamanders and (small familiar) Imps. Other than that I can't remember.

Ahaha I honestly voted for bears. I thought they'd be fun. Plus bears are still THE animal in our country.
@OrenjiStar

I think there were at least umh... Elementals, Salamanders and (small familiar) Imps. Other than that I can't remember.

Ahaha I honestly voted for bears. I thought they'd be fun. Plus bears are still THE animal in our country.
LIo8D8G.gif
@OrenjiStar

Nevermind found the whole thread!

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=frd&id=1052577&p=mb
@OrenjiStar

Nevermind found the whole thread!

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=frd&id=1052577&p=mb
LIo8D8G.gif
@Fayrin

((Disclaimer: This is disturbing and I couldn't finish this video, but that's kind of the point))

*Redacted*

Yep. Adorable.

@Fayrin

All bears are grumpy. o____o

@Greyjoy

OMG SERIOUSLY!? We're not going to get fake sprites in future and stuff!? Bluuuuuuuuuuh! NO! Here I was saving my fake bears expecting them to be a novelty someday. I oughtta just dump that crap now. Pffffft. That sucks so hard. Does anybody remember what some of those other choices were? ... Though, I guess, why would I want to torture myself with what could have been?

Edited by @JCStitches for inappropriate content.
@Fayrin

((Disclaimer: This is disturbing and I couldn't finish this video, but that's kind of the point))

*Redacted*

Yep. Adorable.

@Fayrin

All bears are grumpy. o____o

@Greyjoy

OMG SERIOUSLY!? We're not going to get fake sprites in future and stuff!? Bluuuuuuuuuuh! NO! Here I was saving my fake bears expecting them to be a novelty someday. I oughtta just dump that crap now. Pffffft. That sucks so hard. Does anybody remember what some of those other choices were? ... Though, I guess, why would I want to torture myself with what could have been?

Edited by @JCStitches for inappropriate content.
1 2 3 4 5