Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, vol 11
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 87 88
Wanted to add that while it sounds like ya'll are figuring out how to handle this community that's exponentially growing, you're doing a good job of it from what I can see. The only other website I've ever been on like this, Neopets, got pretty heavy with the banhammer. (My friend was roleplaying and posted the word "blew" and immediately got banned. It was in the context of "the wind blew through the field." Yeah. Not even kidding.) This community has felt pretty welcoming, I've only encountered one person who seemed slightly rude, and even then I more didn't like their tone than anything else, it was pretty small. Keep on keeping on.
Wanted to add that while it sounds like ya'll are figuring out how to handle this community that's exponentially growing, you're doing a good job of it from what I can see. The only other website I've ever been on like this, Neopets, got pretty heavy with the banhammer. (My friend was roleplaying and posted the word "blew" and immediately got banned. It was in the context of "the wind blew through the field." Yeah. Not even kidding.) This community has felt pretty welcoming, I've only encountered one person who seemed slightly rude, and even then I more didn't like their tone than anything else, it was pretty small. Keep on keeping on.
9bCvwNq.png
I personally think the NotN event was wonderful, please don't cave in to all the people who were going on about how unfair it was just because they didn't get a scroll in their first 50 chests!!! I feel as though a lot of people were whining because they werent getting what they wanted right away (which is the whole point of rare items, but anyway) and just wanting handouts, it would be a shame if you made it any easier to get eggs/scrolls because otherwise they wont even be worth anything. It definitely had its problems, like the coli lag (thats understandable, and i personally was patient and didnt have a huge problem with it) and the whole bears situation, but other than those few hiccups I think it went great. I really hope you don't mean that the bears will be coming back EVERY year, though... please no. Stick with the familiars of the year and make a set of mimics for them each time. Bring the holiday familiars set back ONCE at the december event of that year, and then retire them. Thats what 99.9% of people wanted and thought that was what you meant when they voted in the poll to bring them back. You could always hold that poll again and see for sure.

Also, I am SO happy to finally be hearing back from you guys in regards to all this stuff! Communication is a great thing and im so glad you did this WotW! You definitely went over a lot if not all of the things the community has been wondering about. Plus that vista looks AWESOME. How will they be rewarded? Will you just be browsing the forums and keeping an eye out for people who might deserve it and them rewarding it to that player at random?
I personally think the NotN event was wonderful, please don't cave in to all the people who were going on about how unfair it was just because they didn't get a scroll in their first 50 chests!!! I feel as though a lot of people were whining because they werent getting what they wanted right away (which is the whole point of rare items, but anyway) and just wanting handouts, it would be a shame if you made it any easier to get eggs/scrolls because otherwise they wont even be worth anything. It definitely had its problems, like the coli lag (thats understandable, and i personally was patient and didnt have a huge problem with it) and the whole bears situation, but other than those few hiccups I think it went great. I really hope you don't mean that the bears will be coming back EVERY year, though... please no. Stick with the familiars of the year and make a set of mimics for them each time. Bring the holiday familiars set back ONCE at the december event of that year, and then retire them. Thats what 99.9% of people wanted and thought that was what you meant when they voted in the poll to bring them back. You could always hold that poll again and see for sure.

Also, I am SO happy to finally be hearing back from you guys in regards to all this stuff! Communication is a great thing and im so glad you did this WotW! You definitely went over a lot if not all of the things the community has been wondering about. Plus that vista looks AWESOME. How will they be rewarded? Will you just be browsing the forums and keeping an eye out for people who might deserve it and them rewarding it to that player at random?
gif_220x103_da7478.gif
I debated with myself over the piebald options, but finally voted for the white primary/secondary. While it would be nice to have it as a tert and be able to layer it over other primaries and secondaries the way you can make a piebald accent look now, it looks too much like crackle when it uses the tertiary color. The faded color version doesn't look sharp enough to me, and while the white piebald primary/secondary are pretty extreme and introduce a massive amount of white to the color scheme, it's what true piebald looks like and I find realistic markings very appealing.

Random sidenote: I'm so glad FR switched advertising providers. My browser hasn't been rerouted even once since the switch (it didn't happen often with the old network, but it did happen sometimes), and sometimes there are even ads for things that interest me (which did not happen with the previous network). I no longer regret disabling my adblocker on this site to support you guys.
I debated with myself over the piebald options, but finally voted for the white primary/secondary. While it would be nice to have it as a tert and be able to layer it over other primaries and secondaries the way you can make a piebald accent look now, it looks too much like crackle when it uses the tertiary color. The faded color version doesn't look sharp enough to me, and while the white piebald primary/secondary are pretty extreme and introduce a massive amount of white to the color scheme, it's what true piebald looks like and I find realistic markings very appealing.

Random sidenote: I'm so glad FR switched advertising providers. My browser hasn't been rerouted even once since the switch (it didn't happen often with the old network, but it did happen sometimes), and sometimes there are even ads for things that interest me (which did not happen with the previous network). I no longer regret disabling my adblocker on this site to support you guys.
A word on the winds that's actually very informative! I'm quite impressed and thank you for doing this instead of giving random thoughts! A huge improvement and if costs alot that people where asking! *beams of happiness*

Also night of the nocturne was great! I don't get all these upset people. Possibly because they didn't get a rare item fast enough. I loved the event and the hardness to get a scroll. It was a goal to work towards as any game should have. Please keep it vanilla and don't go Wow on us and make everything easy and accessible
A word on the winds that's actually very informative! I'm quite impressed and thank you for doing this instead of giving random thoughts! A huge improvement and if costs alot that people where asking! *beams of happiness*

Also night of the nocturne was great! I don't get all these upset people. Possibly because they didn't get a rare item fast enough. I loved the event and the hardness to get a scroll. It was a goal to work towards as any game should have. Please keep it vanilla and don't go Wow on us and make everything easy and accessible
TURNIP
ne6Lok5.png
I'm hoping I'm not the only one to mention this but.

Mobile app development? To support the coli and other features of the site. Advert revenue from it? Idk if you guys have a team that can/would code something like that, plus cross mobile OS, plus app store listings.
I'm hoping I'm not the only one to mention this but.

Mobile app development? To support the coli and other features of the site. Advert revenue from it? Idk if you guys have a team that can/would code something like that, plus cross mobile OS, plus app store listings.
tumblr_n5y82yK2Dv1rrkmz2o3_250.giftumblr_n5y82yK2Dv1rrkmz2o4_250.gif
Graphics by Scareakeets
This is what I expected with WotW. I'm happy to see more clarity in our issues, and the more thoughtful answers besides just the usual "look at the ToS and submit a contact us!"

Though that begs the question that will the ToS get an overhaul too? I feel like many issues are not clear and that it also helps protect people like deadbeat auctioneers and people who scam others out of items/money. From what I've seen around the community, the ToS isn't clear on many issues (mulch, anyone?) and that it also needs a clarity overhaul.
This is what I expected with WotW. I'm happy to see more clarity in our issues, and the more thoughtful answers besides just the usual "look at the ToS and submit a contact us!"

Though that begs the question that will the ToS get an overhaul too? I feel like many issues are not clear and that it also helps protect people like deadbeat auctioneers and people who scam others out of items/money. From what I've seen around the community, the ToS isn't clear on many issues (mulch, anyone?) and that it also needs a clarity overhaul.
beep bop boop
@Valrigard I understand being upset by people complaining after 50 chests. What about 500? 1000? 3000? When are we allowed to be upset about not getting anything for what is a lot of effort/many hours grinding?

Very few people, if any, were upset because they didn't get anything for putting in a small amount of effort. However, many of us were upset for not getting anything for spending hours coli grinding and opening thousands of chests.
@Valrigard I understand being upset by people complaining after 50 chests. What about 500? 1000? 3000? When are we allowed to be upset about not getting anything for what is a lot of effort/many hours grinding?

Very few people, if any, were upset because they didn't get anything for putting in a small amount of effort. However, many of us were upset for not getting anything for spending hours coli grinding and opening thousands of chests.
h4uz0mr.gif

Not liking Piebald. It's like a more thorough crackle, the faded versions are eh, and the other versions are worse.

MAYBE if it's a tertiary with the lines redrawn a bit, and designed to fade or something to make it look better, but right now, it just looks like a mess to me.

Not liking Piebald. It's like a more thorough crackle, the faded versions are eh, and the other versions are worse.

MAYBE if it's a tertiary with the lines redrawn a bit, and designed to fade or something to make it look better, but right now, it just looks like a mess to me.
MagnusSignature_zps08f47bcd.jpg
Wow, this is a lot of information but i'm happy to read it. 110% better than any other site I've been on as far as communication for sure (with the exception of my own site, of course lol). Super excited to see some changes.

Piebald is amazing. I wish I could see it on other dragons, though. It would have helped with my choice. Ah well, in the end the White Spots won out. I can't stop thinking of bright paint bucket dragons and it makes me happy. ♥
Wow, this is a lot of information but i'm happy to read it. 110% better than any other site I've been on as far as communication for sure (with the exception of my own site, of course lol). Super excited to see some changes.

Piebald is amazing. I wish I could see it on other dragons, though. It would have helped with my choice. Ah well, in the end the White Spots won out. I can't stop thinking of bright paint bucket dragons and it makes me happy. ♥
15wxth5.png
I'm excited for the coli update. `v`
I'm excited for the coli update. `v`
pukasloth_sleeping.gif
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 87 88