Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Item Caption Contest Discussion 2
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20
This was actually funner and funnier than I'd expected it to be! I saw a few I really liked, too!
This was actually funner and funnier than I'd expected it to be! I saw a few I really liked, too!
V0awagL.png
It'll be really interesting to see which ones win. I usually gravitate towards the punny ones, myself, but my own entries didn't manage to work any in.

How long after the deadline d'you think it'll be before they make their decisions? I mean, wow, more power to 'em for having to sort through the bajillion different entries just to pare it down, never mind make final choices.
It'll be really interesting to see which ones win. I usually gravitate towards the punny ones, myself, but my own entries didn't manage to work any in.

How long after the deadline d'you think it'll be before they make their decisions? I mean, wow, more power to 'em for having to sort through the bajillion different entries just to pare it down, never mind make final choices.
tumblr_inline_ojsvh3EcyM1r076v1_75sq.png Aliit. Buirkan. Tor.
@shadowmaat
Sometimes it takes a while, but I hope it's sooner than later..
The number of Bambi references is sickening though. XD
@shadowmaat
Sometimes it takes a while, but I hope it's sooner than later..
The number of Bambi references is sickening though. XD
V0awagL.png
The Bambi references and using the mending staff to hit people. LOL! I wonder if that works for or against people? It might get repetitive, but it also means those are the first things that come to mind when people see those objects, so it could win by a sort of common consensus. But then there's trying to pick WHICH of them to use and the potential for upset when folks say they had the same idea. I'm guessing if that's ever the case they'll go by timestamp.

Limiting to three, though. Gosh. It makes a lot of sense, but at the same time I have a non-Bambi idea for the Micro Deer I want to share... but not enough to oust the three entries I already have. I did oust my Zebra Cricket one in favor of the Healing Staff. I hesitated a while over that one because I wasn't sure if it'd come across as rude to the more spiritual types, playing up a cliché.

I also like that at least one person did a haiku for the Sakura Moss thingy. It'd probably have to be reduced to sentences on one line for streamlining's sake, but it's still a nice touch, IMO.
The Bambi references and using the mending staff to hit people. LOL! I wonder if that works for or against people? It might get repetitive, but it also means those are the first things that come to mind when people see those objects, so it could win by a sort of common consensus. But then there's trying to pick WHICH of them to use and the potential for upset when folks say they had the same idea. I'm guessing if that's ever the case they'll go by timestamp.

Limiting to three, though. Gosh. It makes a lot of sense, but at the same time I have a non-Bambi idea for the Micro Deer I want to share... but not enough to oust the three entries I already have. I did oust my Zebra Cricket one in favor of the Healing Staff. I hesitated a while over that one because I wasn't sure if it'd come across as rude to the more spiritual types, playing up a cliché.

I also like that at least one person did a haiku for the Sakura Moss thingy. It'd probably have to be reduced to sentences on one line for streamlining's sake, but it's still a nice touch, IMO.
I'm still fairly new to the site. Would someone be so kind as to tell me how I can get the images to appear in my posts?

Thanks. :)
I'm still fairly new to the site. Would someone be so kind as to tell me how I can get the images to appear in my posts?

Thanks. :)
@TheArtist Copy the image url and click the tree icon in the top of the new post section, paste it there and add .png if it isn't there. That's how I do it at least. ;w; [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/50426/5042520p.png?mtime=VGDBJQAAOCY.png[/img] stuff like this
@TheArtist
Copy the image url and click the tree icon in the top of the new post section, paste it there and add .png if it isn't there. That's how I do it at least. ;w;
5042520p.png?mtime=VGDBJQAAOCY.png stuff like this
V0awagL.png
I put a reference in my Aged Tome caption but I don't know how many will get it.. >_>
I put a reference in my Aged Tome caption but I don't know how many will get it.. >_>
V0awagL.png
The site has a bbcode specifically for this thing and gollywolly the mods really should put that in the first post because tracking down how is NOT easy or obvious. Here's how to do it:

["Item=Micro Deer"]

And then just take the quote marks out.

EDIT: Micro, Tiny, potayto, potahto
The site has a bbcode specifically for this thing and gollywolly the mods really should put that in the first post because tracking down how is NOT easy or obvious. Here's how to do it:

["Item=Micro Deer"]

And then just take the quote marks out.

EDIT: Micro, Tiny, potayto, potahto
I'm really bummed I missed out on the first caption contest, here's to hoping I do well on this one! I read through every page and there are so many marvelous entries, I can't wait to see who wins, and to hopefully be one of them! I made a reference from a Disney movie with the flower on page 19, brownie points to those who know it! [quote][item=bluespine slug] [b]Name:[/b] Bluespine Slug [b]Caption:[/b] [i]Contrary to popular belief, this slug is actually quite slow.[/i][/quote] [quote][item=delta orchid] [b]Name:[/b] June Orchid [b]Caption:[/b] [i]Said to bring a wealth of happiness and romance.[/i][/quote] [quote][item=micro deer] [b]Name:[/b] Micro Deer [b]Caption:[/b][i] Smaller than your average deer.[/i][/quote]
I'm really bummed I missed out on the first caption contest, here's to hoping I do well on this one! I read through every page and there are so many marvelous entries, I can't wait to see who wins, and to hopefully be one of them! I made a reference from a Disney movie with the flower on page 19, brownie points to those who know it!
Quote:
Bluespine Slug
Name: Bluespine Slug
Caption: Contrary to popular belief, this slug is actually quite slow.
Quote:
Delta Orchid
Name: June Orchid
Caption: Said to bring a wealth of happiness and romance.
Quote:
Micro Deer
Name: Micro Deer
Caption: Smaller than your average deer.
dui7aox.pngu1OsigV.png
Ugh I want everyone to win, all of them are so funny
Ugh I want everyone to win, all of them are so funny
tumblr_ngcp5g6gr01u402sco1_500.gif
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20