Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is There Any Point to Coli Grinding?
1 2 3 4 5
A big reason for me is food. Especially when I'm trying to get Swipp stuff from gathering, the coliseum helps fill out my food stores. I also like collecting familiars and getting the rare special item (especially apparel). Lv 25s are the most useful for festivals though-grinding for festival currency! Also I do occasional exalt leveling which really helps bring in treasure.
A big reason for me is food. Especially when I'm trying to get Swipp stuff from gathering, the coliseum helps fill out my food stores. I also like collecting familiars and getting the rare special item (especially apparel). Lv 25s are the most useful for festivals though-grinding for festival currency! Also I do occasional exalt leveling which really helps bring in treasure.
sig_by_dancingcorgi-d7v57nc.png
@Shadowmaat; I see most people already replied, but I just wanted to confirm that you can indeed find eggs in the coliseum. I found eggs in the following areas:
Training Fields - Earth
Woodland Path - Nature and Plague
Scorched Forest - Plague and Light
Sandswept Delta - Fire and Light
Boreal Wood - Ice
Harpy's Roost- Water
Mire - Water and Nature
Kelp Beds - Water

So in the end it doesn't really matter where you grind, as I believe all venues have the possibility to drop eggs.. It's mainly luck, so keep at it, and hopefully you'll find one soon! c:

Currently the admins are also working on filling in the encyclopedia, which also includes pages on coliseum loot! c: So far the Boreal Woods and up have been done, and you can see there which types of eggs drop in the different venues! c:
@Shadowmaat; I see most people already replied, but I just wanted to confirm that you can indeed find eggs in the coliseum. I found eggs in the following areas:
Training Fields - Earth
Woodland Path - Nature and Plague
Scorched Forest - Plague and Light
Sandswept Delta - Fire and Light
Boreal Wood - Ice
Harpy's Roost- Water
Mire - Water and Nature
Kelp Beds - Water

So in the end it doesn't really matter where you grind, as I believe all venues have the possibility to drop eggs.. It's mainly luck, so keep at it, and hopefully you'll find one soon! c:

Currently the admins are also working on filling in the encyclopedia, which also includes pages on coliseum loot! c: So far the Boreal Woods and up have been done, and you can see there which types of eggs drop in the different venues! c:
Food. All the food. My dragons will never see the floors or walls of their larder! hahaha Also, I like hoard selling all the loot drops every once in a while, makes for a tasty treasure balance (in waves lol)

That said, I don't grind much except during events :)

Except, I'm trying to build a new warrior/warrior/mage-healer team that can handle those new bosses better, so I guess I'll be back in the coli more often than usual lol
Food. All the food. My dragons will never see the floors or walls of their larder! hahaha Also, I like hoard selling all the loot drops every once in a while, makes for a tasty treasure balance (in waves lol)

That said, I don't grind much except during events :)

Except, I'm trying to build a new warrior/warrior/mage-healer team that can handle those new bosses better, so I guess I'll be back in the coli more often than usual lol
My problem is a short attention span. I can only spend so many hours grinding in the coli before getting bored and wandering off. LOL! Multiple tabs only helps so much, after a point.

As others have said, though, my food coffers are always overflowing, with the bonus that not only are my dragons well fed, but I can help others who need it, either by donating to the food kitchen or finding folks directly or just, y'know, stalking through someone's lair to see what particular food types they need most. *cough*
My problem is a short attention span. I can only spend so many hours grinding in the coli before getting bored and wandering off. LOL! Multiple tabs only helps so much, after a point.

As others have said, though, my food coffers are always overflowing, with the bonus that not only are my dragons well fed, but I can help others who need it, either by donating to the food kitchen or finding folks directly or just, y'know, stalking through someone's lair to see what particular food types they need most. *cough*
tumblr_inline_ojsvh3EcyM1r076v1_75sq.png Aliit. Buirkan. Tor.
Mmm I'm in it for the money. Even without any super rare drops, just hoard-selling all the materials, trinkets, food, extra copies of familiars, battlestones, etc. that you don't need, I can make a pretty good amount grinding. It's even better when the occasional super rare drop like a cape, morganite flourish apparel, ambush, eliminate, etc. drop because that's a nice little amount right away c:

I haven't had much luck with eggs--I've gotten quite a few gathering but through leveling 6+ teams to 25, endless grinding during NotN, and other spans of grinding, I've only gotten one egg. Ever.

I find it helps to put something on in the background sometimes?? Or--since grinding with all lvl 25's gets dull--I prefer to start new teams. Right now I'm leveling a friend's dragon to 25, and it's given me way more motivation to grind than I would otherwise have with a set of 3 lvl 25's just killing everything.

EDIT: Food also helps. I often forget about that because thanks to mass-converting one time after grinding really hard I haven't converted a single food point for...probably over a month or two. (I also have 6 whole dragons though, so it's not like the food drops quickly.)
Mmm I'm in it for the money. Even without any super rare drops, just hoard-selling all the materials, trinkets, food, extra copies of familiars, battlestones, etc. that you don't need, I can make a pretty good amount grinding. It's even better when the occasional super rare drop like a cape, morganite flourish apparel, ambush, eliminate, etc. drop because that's a nice little amount right away c:

I haven't had much luck with eggs--I've gotten quite a few gathering but through leveling 6+ teams to 25, endless grinding during NotN, and other spans of grinding, I've only gotten one egg. Ever.

I find it helps to put something on in the background sometimes?? Or--since grinding with all lvl 25's gets dull--I prefer to start new teams. Right now I'm leveling a friend's dragon to 25, and it's given me way more motivation to grind than I would otherwise have with a set of 3 lvl 25's just killing everything.

EDIT: Food also helps. I often forget about that because thanks to mass-converting one time after grinding really hard I haven't converted a single food point for...probably over a month or two. (I also have 6 whole dragons though, so it's not like the food drops quickly.)
When I started playing back in June, I'd make about 4mil a month off of the coliseum alone. It's stupidly lucrative if you have the free time to sit there and click on mobs while catching up on shows or Youtube subscriptions.

I also acquired well over 20k points in each food category without ever having to purchase stacks off the AH. Grinding basically sets you up for success.

(Sure does wreck wrists, though.)
When I started playing back in June, I'd make about 4mil a month off of the coliseum alone. It's stupidly lucrative if you have the free time to sit there and click on mobs while catching up on shows or Youtube subscriptions.

I also acquired well over 20k points in each food category without ever having to purchase stacks off the AH. Grinding basically sets you up for success.

(Sure does wreck wrists, though.)
@Ragemage

money ...I hoard sell the lower stones /familiars and on a normal day can make 50k on a good one 200k on festivals 600k
@Ragemage

money ...I hoard sell the lower stones /familiars and on a normal day can make 50k on a good one 200k on festivals 600k
A5i3AHB.png
@Ragemage I level exalts for profit, but I'm also a little bit addicted to leveling up more L25s. I rent out Coli dragons to people within my flight, so it makes sense to have a clan of trained fighters around. I also couldn't get all the Swipp items and Festival currency I need without my L25s, so in that sense the Coli is still worth it for me!
@Ragemage I level exalts for profit, but I'm also a little bit addicted to leveling up more L25s. I rent out Coli dragons to people within my flight, so it makes sense to have a clan of trained fighters around. I also couldn't get all the Swipp items and Festival currency I need without my L25s, so in that sense the Coli is still worth it for me!
h1_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkwo.pngp4_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvi.png
p2_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvq.pngh5_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkw2.png
h3_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkwg.pngh6_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvu.png
To get all my dragons to level 25, obv.
I'm like halfway there.
To get all my dragons to level 25, obv.
I'm like halfway there.
You can also sell stacks of 99 food for gems. Why people are willing to pay gems for food, I don't know, but I'm not complaining - it's how I can afford to gene up my dragons.
You can also sell stacks of 99 food for gems. Why people are willing to pay gems for food, I don't know, but I'm not complaining - it's how I can afford to gene up my dragons.
1 2 3 4 5