Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne
1 2 ... 414 415 416 417 418 ... 451 452
[quote name="Pinecampple" date="2015-01-02 20:50:00"]This is the first real even I've been apart of since I joined the website. And I really don't see the big deal? I may be missing out on something here. But it's just a dragon breed. I know that's super neat-o and such but I see people here talking about how they opened "Thousand and thousands of chests" and that's just, well, silly. Heck I even read some of the posts where people said they had actually injured their wrists opening chests to try to get a scroll. On one hand you have a rare dragon that a lot of others have, and on the other hand, others are selling them for hundreds of thousands of treasure and gems in the Auction House. Do these events really not happen that often? Or at all? And, if they do decide to real ease another dragon type in the future for another event doesn't that mean you could just buy a nocturne from some sap in the Auction House who decided 999,999,999 treasure was ridiculous for a "Rare dragon"? I apologize if I seem ignorant or if I'm missing something here. But I think it's a little ridiculous that people are spending days and days trying to gain a dragon that will one day not be worth any more than a Mirror or Guardian. Sure, I've looked through my little collection of chests to try my luck at finding a Nocturne. But my highest count has been 64. 64 chests. And I didn't have to get carpel tunnel or spend an entire day clicking and re-clicking chests in hopes for something that you may not even find. I get the hype, I do. I just don't understand the chaos it causes.[/quote] This is the first event like this. And on a side note. There are multiple reasons why users are over reacting. It the "feel" of having a gen one nocturne (possible RP purposes?). To say you got it on the very first event. Also like you said, everyone is trying to get them before they become too ruined by the economy. There are many factors why users are upset, especially older users who have been here from the start. Our digging got us minimal chests due to a bug that was not addressed before the event.
Pinecampple wrote on 2015-01-02 20:50:00:
This is the first real even I've been apart of since I joined the website. And I really don't see the big deal? I may be missing out on something here. But it's just a dragon breed. I know that's super neat-o and such but I see people here talking about how they opened "Thousand and thousands of chests" and that's just, well, silly. Heck I even read some of the posts where people said they had actually injured their wrists opening chests to try to get a scroll. On one hand you have a rare dragon that a lot of others have, and on the other hand, others are selling them for hundreds of thousands of treasure and gems in the Auction House. Do these events really not happen that often? Or at all? And, if they do decide to real ease another dragon type in the future for another event doesn't that mean you could just buy a nocturne from some sap in the Auction House who decided 999,999,999 treasure was ridiculous for a "Rare dragon"?
I apologize if I seem ignorant or if I'm missing something here. But I think it's a little ridiculous that people are spending days and days trying to gain a dragon that will one day not be worth any more than a Mirror or Guardian. Sure, I've looked through my little collection of chests to try my luck at finding a Nocturne. But my highest count has been 64. 64 chests. And I didn't have to get carpel tunnel or spend an entire day clicking and re-clicking chests in hopes for something that you may not even find.
I get the hype, I do. I just don't understand the chaos it causes.

This is the first event like this.

And on a side note. There are multiple reasons why users are over reacting. It the "feel" of having a gen one nocturne (possible RP purposes?). To say you got it on the very first event. Also like you said, everyone is trying to get them before they become too ruined by the economy. There are many factors why users are upset, especially older users who have been here from the start. Our digging got us minimal chests due to a bug that was not addressed before the event.
1flightrising_taielia_mirandarin_lawsuit_zps6e7080_by_taielias_bane-d9ugffl.gif
@pinecampple It's the chance to get the breed change scroll & turn an already perfect for it dragon into someone's dream Nocturne that has everyone so crazy. And looking at the drop rates, yes, the scrolls really are that incredibly rare.
@pinecampple It's the chance to get the breed change scroll & turn an already perfect for it dragon into someone's dream Nocturne that has everyone so crazy. And looking at the drop rates, yes, the scrolls really are that incredibly rare.
I have an extra Snarling Mimic and Jawlock up for trade for a Sundial Bear
I have an extra Snarling Mimic and Jawlock up for trade for a Sundial Bear
8KRlx7p.png
[quote name="Penemuel" date="2015-01-02 21:04:20"]@pinecampple It's the chance to get the breed change scroll & turn an already perfect for it dragon into someone's dream Nocturne that has everyone so crazy. And looking at the drop rates, yes, the scrolls really are that incredibly rare.[/quote] And I get that, I do, it's just not worth causing yourself pain for. Or losing entire days of your life.
Penemuel wrote on 2015-01-02 21:04:20:
And I get that, I do, it's just not worth causing yourself pain for. Or losing entire days of your life.
YfTeOCO.gifbKniD.gifF3wW9ES.gif
@ArkleeTerror

*sends you all the luck!!*
@ArkleeTerror

*sends you all the luck!!*
[quote name="n8inches" date="2015-01-02 16:19:21"][quote name="Arcanagos" date="2015-01-01 13:44:00"]Damn, and I thought I was unlucky opening over 150 chests and getting no scrolls, eggs or familiars. 2000 and only 5 Nocturne related items?? That's pretty ridiculous.[/quote] On the bright side, after seeing that, I no longer feel unlucky. I now feel hopeless. E X C E P T Battlehog has graciously offered to give me a hatchling the they do not want. So, I guess you either need insaneo resources and crazy luck, or an extremely generous patron in the form of a kindly random stranger.[/quote] @n8inches Ahhh this made me blush honestly. I'm so, so happy you're happy! This event has been frustrating for most everyone, and I was just lucky to have friends send me hatchlings/eggs. I felt if I could help someone else with all of this, it would be worth it :)
n8inches wrote on 2015-01-02 16:19:21:
Arcanagos wrote on 2015-01-01 13:44:00:
Damn, and I thought I was unlucky opening over 150 chests and getting no scrolls, eggs or familiars. 2000 and only 5 Nocturne related items?? That's pretty ridiculous.
On the bright side, after seeing that, I no longer feel unlucky. I now feel hopeless.

E X C E P T

Battlehog has graciously offered to give me a hatchling the they do not want.

So, I guess you either need insaneo resources and crazy luck, or an extremely generous patron in the form of a kindly random stranger.

@n8inches

Ahhh this made me blush honestly. I'm so, so happy you're happy! This event has been frustrating for most everyone, and I was just lucky to have friends send me hatchlings/eggs. I felt if I could help someone else with all of this, it would be worth it :)
Im half n half about thit TBH. I onlu got 1 egg and 1mimic and 1 mimic bear. Oh and a bunch of random junk.

Im happy because I did get an egg
im unhappy because I dont need an egg. Really. I dont need any new deragons. Heck im havin troubles selling my hatchlings! All im tryen to get is a scroll.and looking at my lick (and wraped wrist) I dont think im gunna get one. I read some comment along the lines of 'you can just wait till the prices die down and biy a nocturne' but thats the thing. I have only about 4 slots open in my clan for breeding. I dont need new dragons. With a scroll I could change one of my dragons that I like into a nocturne. Poinsettia to be exact.not to mention even with coli grinding I havent leveled up. Why? Cuz the place where I CAN grind to get chest and not die dosent give me EXP. And its abit of the reason why my wrist is wraped. I grind for hours and get a stack of. 99 then ope, them only to get junk. And even the food items arent enough to keep my dragons feed ;-; wash rince repeat and 4k chest latter n I aint got nothin to show for my time. I might just have bad numbers though u-u

Ok mini rant done I do like the event because I got a new puppet and it was abit fun before it became mind numbingly boring and a chore.
Im half n half about thit TBH. I onlu got 1 egg and 1mimic and 1 mimic bear. Oh and a bunch of random junk.

Im happy because I did get an egg
im unhappy because I dont need an egg. Really. I dont need any new deragons. Heck im havin troubles selling my hatchlings! All im tryen to get is a scroll.and looking at my lick (and wraped wrist) I dont think im gunna get one. I read some comment along the lines of 'you can just wait till the prices die down and biy a nocturne' but thats the thing. I have only about 4 slots open in my clan for breeding. I dont need new dragons. With a scroll I could change one of my dragons that I like into a nocturne. Poinsettia to be exact.not to mention even with coli grinding I havent leveled up. Why? Cuz the place where I CAN grind to get chest and not die dosent give me EXP. And its abit of the reason why my wrist is wraped. I grind for hours and get a stack of. 99 then ope, them only to get junk. And even the food items arent enough to keep my dragons feed ;-; wash rince repeat and 4k chest latter n I aint got nothin to show for my time. I might just have bad numbers though u-u

Ok mini rant done I do like the event because I got a new puppet and it was abit fun before it became mind numbingly boring and a chore.
Insanity is sanity
Sanity is insanity
I'm perfectly sane then
Are why can't we mass open chests...opening one at a time of 1000 is ridiculous tedious
Are why can't we mass open chests...opening one at a time of 1000 is ridiculous tedious
Kind of off topic, but did they just expand the hoard boxes to be 4 rows instead of 3? Something seems different.
Kind of off topic, but did they just expand the hoard boxes to be 4 rows instead of 3? Something seems different.
uWKmYMk.jpg sykEOD9.jpg
I still need the Slumbering Charlaton.
I have a Snarling Mimic, Jawlocker, three graveyard gaudrians, and one crag backed bouldersa. I'm willing to trade these familiars in any combination that the trader sees fit.
Anyone willing to trade with me?

I was gifted one by the lovely Kirigiri!
I still need the Slumbering Charlaton.
I have a Snarling Mimic, Jawlocker, three graveyard gaudrians, and one crag backed bouldersa. I'm willing to trade these familiars in any combination that the trader sees fit.
Anyone willing to trade with me?

I was gifted one by the lovely Kirigiri!
tumblr_o1yjdegd3B1v15k4vo1_250.pngtumblr_o1yjdegd3B1v15k4vo2_250.pngc3kQRMf.png
1 2 ... 414 415 416 417 418 ... 451 452