Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne
1 2 ... 363 364 365 366 367 ... 451 452
I also think that the drop rate changed. I got a Nocturne dragon egg, though. :) :) :) :D
I also think that the drop rate changed. I got a Nocturne dragon egg, though. :) :) :) :D
OMG OK. Finally after 420 chests opened and on the second last one opened today I got an egg of my own -cries painful tears- I actually do not mind the colours at all! [img]http://i.imgur.com/5lpDUUk.png[/img]
OMG OK. Finally after 420 chests opened and on the second last one opened today I got an egg of my own -cries painful tears- I actually do not mind the colours at all!

5lpDUUk.png
7246bf3471.jpg
I understand that drop rates need to be low, because of the economy of FR. But I do think that we're conditioned by the site to see a chest as a 'super valuable item' and that possibly primed some people for disappointment when it gave 'regular' items like food.

Personally - and this is obviously just personally - I think chests should *only* drop if there's a familiar, scroll, or egg inside, and that the food, and junk items, should be in-Coli-loot when you defeat Mimics. Kind of like when everyone was trying to get a Woodland Turkey familiar - everyone understood in a kind of solidarity that you'd get a bazillion turkey dinners (usually) before a familiar came along.

In retrospect, I think that would have made a lot less people feel so disappointed. Because when you're taught by a website that chests are super rare (I don't remember nearly as many people complaining because of the low drop-rate of skin and accent chests in previous festivals, for example), and super valuable, and then suddenly they become 'junk' at a rate of about 249/250 times (for eggs - as an average), it disappoints this previously set up expectation that 'chests mean important things.'

As for the droprate decreasing, I personally have noticed a decrease but I'm willing to attribute it to a lot of things - from weird stats, to a weirdly organised RNG, to well...a lot of things. If it was deliberately done, then it was wrong for a site not to inform its members (some of whom are paying and therefore 'premium' members) to not be transparent about this. But like I said, I'm also willing to pin that on other things too at the moment. I think there's been a lack of admin transparency in general, and I think it points to the need for a better PR team during events of this nature.

This 'junk items in chests' gimmick would have worked much better for a Halloween style event - 'trick or treat chests!' - because that's what they feel like. Obviously just my opinion. But I do wonder if FR hasn't brought at least some of this on themselves, by spending more than a year teaching users that chests are sacred/valuable items that always have really important things (particularly Coli chests); and then letting that expectation down without much forethought, by making them junk item containers. That's less like christmas presents (which I suspect was perhaps the initial motivation), and more like setting yourself up for disappointed users.

Not everyone is disappointed obviously, and a lot of people are very happy! But I do think the purpose and function of chests needs to be rethought. Don't teach your userbase that they're a massive deal, and then devalue them (on average) over Christmas, or the holiday period, y'know?
I understand that drop rates need to be low, because of the economy of FR. But I do think that we're conditioned by the site to see a chest as a 'super valuable item' and that possibly primed some people for disappointment when it gave 'regular' items like food.

Personally - and this is obviously just personally - I think chests should *only* drop if there's a familiar, scroll, or egg inside, and that the food, and junk items, should be in-Coli-loot when you defeat Mimics. Kind of like when everyone was trying to get a Woodland Turkey familiar - everyone understood in a kind of solidarity that you'd get a bazillion turkey dinners (usually) before a familiar came along.

In retrospect, I think that would have made a lot less people feel so disappointed. Because when you're taught by a website that chests are super rare (I don't remember nearly as many people complaining because of the low drop-rate of skin and accent chests in previous festivals, for example), and super valuable, and then suddenly they become 'junk' at a rate of about 249/250 times (for eggs - as an average), it disappoints this previously set up expectation that 'chests mean important things.'

As for the droprate decreasing, I personally have noticed a decrease but I'm willing to attribute it to a lot of things - from weird stats, to a weirdly organised RNG, to well...a lot of things. If it was deliberately done, then it was wrong for a site not to inform its members (some of whom are paying and therefore 'premium' members) to not be transparent about this. But like I said, I'm also willing to pin that on other things too at the moment. I think there's been a lack of admin transparency in general, and I think it points to the need for a better PR team during events of this nature.

This 'junk items in chests' gimmick would have worked much better for a Halloween style event - 'trick or treat chests!' - because that's what they feel like. Obviously just my opinion. But I do wonder if FR hasn't brought at least some of this on themselves, by spending more than a year teaching users that chests are sacred/valuable items that always have really important things (particularly Coli chests); and then letting that expectation down without much forethought, by making them junk item containers. That's less like christmas presents (which I suspect was perhaps the initial motivation), and more like setting yourself up for disappointed users.

Not everyone is disappointed obviously, and a lot of people are very happy! But I do think the purpose and function of chests needs to be rethought. Don't teach your userbase that they're a massive deal, and then devalue them (on average) over Christmas, or the holiday period, y'know?
5XOMGIA_zpscy9yadtq.png
[quote name="MDRatchet" date="2014-12-27 06:51:05"]The gatherings have never really given too many chests since day one, and totally unreliable just as well, one day you get so lucky it is surprising the other its like the worst day for chest gathering. Also, i only dig, because finding eggs is difficult enough all on their own than getting chests.[/quote] [quote name="MDRatchet" date="2014-12-27 20:57:59"]I honestly dont know about the drop rates tho people, this is my second day out of the whole week of the event that i got lucky enough to gain [u]10+ chests[/u] rather than nothing. I know im the unlucky type so i dont think the rates have changes, at least not that much.. =/[/quote] I havent yet opened my own chests, but gathering has only given me [u]2 chests today[/u], as per usual. Despite that, [u]Arena[/u] seems to be filled with [u]Ectoplasmime[/u] at the moment so recommend you all to check it out. ((Opened my chests. Nada =/ ))
MDRatchet wrote on 2014-12-27 06:51:05:
The gatherings have never really given too many chests since day one, and totally unreliable just as well, one day you get so lucky it is surprising the other its like the worst day for chest gathering.
Also, i only dig, because finding eggs is difficult enough all on their own than getting chests.
MDRatchet wrote on 2014-12-27 20:57:59:
I honestly dont know about the drop rates tho people, this is my second day out of the whole week of the event that i got lucky enough to gain 10+ chests rather than nothing. I know im the unlucky type so i dont think the rates have changes, at least not that much.. =/

I havent yet opened my own chests, but gathering has only given me 2 chests today, as per usual.

Despite that, Arena seems to be filled with Ectoplasmime at the moment so recommend you all to check it out.

((Opened my chests. Nada =/ ))
@foxhall i think you have truly pinpointed the reason most of us are disgruntled and upset, because that is most likely what it is. inside, we feel like chests should be valuable, but these are mostly junk.
@foxhall i think you have truly pinpointed the reason most of us are disgruntled and upset, because that is most likely what it is. inside, we feel like chests should be valuable, but these are mostly junk.
iZBk3Io.png the pocchari yandere tumblr_inline_nyuu3pgFHF1s1m144_100.png
[center]Don't know how many times I scattered this lovely. I gave up and bought one. But anyone have a boy they want to trade that has a secondary loser to rose and a Tertiary as a blue tone, while having a similar primary as this boy. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9084149] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/90842/9084149_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
Don't know how many times I scattered this lovely. I gave up and bought one. But anyone have a boy they want to trade that has a secondary loser to rose and a Tertiary as a blue tone, while having a similar primary as this boy.

9084149_350.png
1flightrising_taielia_mirandarin_lawsuit_zps6e7080_by_taielias_bane-d9ugffl.gif
Ehh, only pulled three chests from digging today?? Come on.

I've opened over 500 chests now, with only a couple of familiars to show for it.
And I agree, it has definitely become more of a chore. :(
Ehh, only pulled three chests from digging today?? Come on.

I've opened over 500 chests now, with only a couple of familiars to show for it.
And I agree, it has definitely become more of a chore. :(
My sister is my lifesaver she got two egg´s and gave me one love you sis this is the little one I got: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9134267] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/91343/9134267_350.png[/img]
My sister is my lifesaver she got two egg´s and gave me one
love you sis

this is the little one I got:

9134267_350.png
Oh, I'm not saying that something changed. (Or was changed by IT etc...) I'm saying I'm having rotten luck from RNG, and I normally do. I highly doubt anything was changed, drop rates etc, I think it's all a matter of dumb luck. RNG is a cruel thing sometimes.
Oh, I'm not saying that something changed. (Or was changed by IT etc...) I'm saying I'm having rotten luck from RNG, and I normally do. I highly doubt anything was changed, drop rates etc, I think it's all a matter of dumb luck. RNG is a cruel thing sometimes.
@butcherbaby

My dragons are level 11 and built for coli grindin.g I can onhit KO things in the woodland forest and most of the things in the scorched forests. Sofar ivonly gotten 3 eggs ((all of wich I got on the same day and in a row. 2 I gave away one I hatched and sold because I needed space and already had a male from a friend)) 4 mimics and 3 mimicbears. When I dig on the first few days of the event I got 40-50 chest. Now I get 5-10 chest. And coli grinding....yeah...4-5 hours 1hit koing on the woodland forestand not many chest to show for it...iv been grinding so much that I literally got a blster on my finger from the repetitive motion and rubbing on the inside of that finger... my stupidness aside on a average day now I get maybe...50-90ish chest....the numbers dont seem to lile me in the coli... so saying people dont know how to grind is kindof one sided. .im kind of tempted to do a live stream to show my odds in the coli now...
@butcherbaby

My dragons are level 11 and built for coli grindin.g I can onhit KO things in the woodland forest and most of the things in the scorched forests. Sofar ivonly gotten 3 eggs ((all of wich I got on the same day and in a row. 2 I gave away one I hatched and sold because I needed space and already had a male from a friend)) 4 mimics and 3 mimicbears. When I dig on the first few days of the event I got 40-50 chest. Now I get 5-10 chest. And coli grinding....yeah...4-5 hours 1hit koing on the woodland forestand not many chest to show for it...iv been grinding so much that I literally got a blster on my finger from the repetitive motion and rubbing on the inside of that finger... my stupidness aside on a average day now I get maybe...50-90ish chest....the numbers dont seem to lile me in the coli... so saying people dont know how to grind is kindof one sided. .im kind of tempted to do a live stream to show my odds in the coli now...
Its all just a joke.
1 2 ... 363 364 365 366 367 ... 451 452