Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | This event is a joke
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23
@Daks -What about the older member who can't play coli bc the lag, it's not made for their computer? What about older members with health issues? The gathering shouldn't be broken like that.
@Daks -What about the older member who can't play coli bc the lag, it's not made for their computer? What about older members with health issues? The gathering shouldn't be broken like that.
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
lvl 25 gathering here. Spent all 15 turns on digging = NO CHESTS WHATSOEVER.

Really? -_- that sucks. and some people get 30+ chests with lower digging skills than mine? I know it's luck but COME ON.
lvl 25 gathering here. Spent all 15 turns on digging = NO CHESTS WHATSOEVER.

Really? -_- that sucks. and some people get 30+ chests with lower digging skills than mine? I know it's luck but COME ON.
RiotApproaches.gif
Okay, dude. I get the frustration, I really do, but you are extremely hostile in you OP and posts answering others. The event is far from perfect and I'm not happy with the stupid gathering system, but, um....

You could have said you were disappointed in a nicer way instead of coming in with guns blazing at everyone who disagreed with you. It honestly made you look snarky and rude. That's probably why some of the replies here are equally hostile towards you.
Okay, dude. I get the frustration, I really do, but you are extremely hostile in you OP and posts answering others. The event is far from perfect and I'm not happy with the stupid gathering system, but, um....

You could have said you were disappointed in a nicer way instead of coming in with guns blazing at everyone who disagreed with you. It honestly made you look snarky and rude. That's probably why some of the replies here are equally hostile towards you.
@Jebii
The whole "wait a few weeks and Noc prices will go down" argument does absolutely no good for those of us who want to get Scrolls. Also, telling people to calm down over "pixel dragons" isn't going to help. In the end FR is a game, and people get upset over games all the time. Y'know how critics will give a game a bad rating if it's too difficult or frustrating?

@kdozu
There is a BIG difference between "rare" and "nearly impossible". The drop rate for Eggs is roughly .045%, while the drop rate for Scrolls is like .03%. It doesn't seem like much of a difference, but just look how many Eggs compared to Scrolls people have found. It's also not just a matter of "rare and hard to get". Some people have opened THOUSANDS of Chests and got nothing (or a few Familiars at most), while others have opened a few hundred and got numerous Eggs and in some cases Scrolls. Don't tell me you can't see why people are getting irritated over this? The event is so heavily luck based it's silly.
@Jebii
The whole "wait a few weeks and Noc prices will go down" argument does absolutely no good for those of us who want to get Scrolls. Also, telling people to calm down over "pixel dragons" isn't going to help. In the end FR is a game, and people get upset over games all the time. Y'know how critics will give a game a bad rating if it's too difficult or frustrating?

@kdozu
There is a BIG difference between "rare" and "nearly impossible". The drop rate for Eggs is roughly .045%, while the drop rate for Scrolls is like .03%. It doesn't seem like much of a difference, but just look how many Eggs compared to Scrolls people have found. It's also not just a matter of "rare and hard to get". Some people have opened THOUSANDS of Chests and got nothing (or a few Familiars at most), while others have opened a few hundred and got numerous Eggs and in some cases Scrolls. Don't tell me you can't see why people are getting irritated over this? The event is so heavily luck based it's silly.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
While I completely understand the rarity of the eggs and the scrolls, the rarity of familiars and getting chests in general is a bit off. So far, i am on my third day in a row of digging and obtaining not a single chest. For the event this is the 4th day that this has happened. During the first 3 days I barely got 100 chests, between hours of coli grinding (with it going to many many error messages) and timing out in general. and through my digging. My digging is at a level 24 now.

Today all combined, I just hit 100 more chests and it is 4 days worth of digging and coli.
I have gotten food. Lots of food and a few trinkets. Not a single familiar, no egg (not expecting to either) and I do not expect to get a scroll.

I do not feel the drop rate is equal for all players, but that is the way it is. I have spent 4-6 hours most days and 12 on Chrismas just in the coli trying for chests. So to those who have gotten a ton in that kind of time, kudos to you. I hope they are filled with anything but food. It is not my luck.

I was gifted a few familiars and a nocturne baby for Christmas. I then spent 900 gems to get a second one that I found absolutely gorgeous.

I am not upset with the event. I am saddened by the poor planning of adding a registration window just prior, to a site that is having issues maintaining the coli for all and the fairgrounds. Upset with the fact that the gathering still has not been fixed so that those with the higher gathering actually are able to gather the more rare items. If anything, I am only finding common and very common items daily. That is my upset.

Will I be able to obtain Nocturnes later, absolutely. Do I feel that some will end up so common as to be exalted? absolutely. I have already seen a few that were. I love this breed, it is adorable and I hope to see more of them.

This is just my 2 cents for the entire event.
While I completely understand the rarity of the eggs and the scrolls, the rarity of familiars and getting chests in general is a bit off. So far, i am on my third day in a row of digging and obtaining not a single chest. For the event this is the 4th day that this has happened. During the first 3 days I barely got 100 chests, between hours of coli grinding (with it going to many many error messages) and timing out in general. and through my digging. My digging is at a level 24 now.

Today all combined, I just hit 100 more chests and it is 4 days worth of digging and coli.
I have gotten food. Lots of food and a few trinkets. Not a single familiar, no egg (not expecting to either) and I do not expect to get a scroll.

I do not feel the drop rate is equal for all players, but that is the way it is. I have spent 4-6 hours most days and 12 on Chrismas just in the coli trying for chests. So to those who have gotten a ton in that kind of time, kudos to you. I hope they are filled with anything but food. It is not my luck.

I was gifted a few familiars and a nocturne baby for Christmas. I then spent 900 gems to get a second one that I found absolutely gorgeous.

I am not upset with the event. I am saddened by the poor planning of adding a registration window just prior, to a site that is having issues maintaining the coli for all and the fairgrounds. Upset with the fact that the gathering still has not been fixed so that those with the higher gathering actually are able to gather the more rare items. If anything, I am only finding common and very common items daily. That is my upset.

Will I be able to obtain Nocturnes later, absolutely. Do I feel that some will end up so common as to be exalted? absolutely. I have already seen a few that were. I love this breed, it is adorable and I hope to see more of them.

This is just my 2 cents for the entire event.
SigBanner.png
Honestly, not having admins even address the digging issues with a "we're looking into this" or "we did this because x" is incredibly frustrating.

6 chests from 15 turns today - beats the 0 chests yesterday but... is pretty pathetic.

There is absolutely no way that higher levels should mean less loot.

If this is a mistake, own up to it and do something about it.
If this is on purpose, what the heck were you thinking?

We're getting well into this even and the admins appear to be ignoring one of the major issues with it.

Edited to say: To the admins - the first page of Flight Rising Discussion is filled with complaints. At first I thought my low digging rates were due to pure luck, but this is obviously a common issue. Please, the last time you communicated stuff got done and people were happy with at least receiving communication. Surely the lesson from that is to continue to communicate with us? At least tell us what's going on?
Honestly, not having admins even address the digging issues with a "we're looking into this" or "we did this because x" is incredibly frustrating.

6 chests from 15 turns today - beats the 0 chests yesterday but... is pretty pathetic.

There is absolutely no way that higher levels should mean less loot.

If this is a mistake, own up to it and do something about it.
If this is on purpose, what the heck were you thinking?

We're getting well into this even and the admins appear to be ignoring one of the major issues with it.

Edited to say: To the admins - the first page of Flight Rising Discussion is filled with complaints. At first I thought my low digging rates were due to pure luck, but this is obviously a common issue. Please, the last time you communicated stuff got done and people were happy with at least receiving communication. Surely the lesson from that is to continue to communicate with us? At least tell us what's going on?
h4uz0mr.gif
I think I have more of an issue with their decision to include mimic bears along with the festival bears than the low rate of scroll/egg appearances in chests. Eggs and scrolls will come around another year, but those mimic bears won't.

Still not going to touch digging, even if the admins say they've 'fixed' the problem. I'd rather have a sure chance to gather an egg than have a chance at gathering Strange chests, which then have a chance at an egg (or scroll).
I think I have more of an issue with their decision to include mimic bears along with the festival bears than the low rate of scroll/egg appearances in chests. Eggs and scrolls will come around another year, but those mimic bears won't.

Still not going to touch digging, even if the admins say they've 'fixed' the problem. I'd rather have a sure chance to gather an egg than have a chance at gathering Strange chests, which then have a chance at an egg (or scroll).
mnhny.png 4fxtl3.png
[quote name="Elai" date="2014-12-28 02:15:42"] There is a BIG difference between "rare" and "nearly impossible". The drop rate for Eggs is roughly .045%, while the drop rate for Scrolls is like .03%. It doesn't seem like much of a difference, but just look how many Eggs compared to Scrolls people have found. It's also not just a matter of "rare and hard to get". Some people have opened [b][i]THOUSANDS[/i][/b] of Chests and got nothing (or a few Familiars at most), while others have opened a few hundred and got numerous Eggs and in some cases Scrolls. Don't tell me you can't see why people are getting irritated over this? The event is so heavily luck based it's silly.[/quote] [b] ^THIS ![/b] I have now opened 970 chests. I got two eggs (better than nothing), still no scroll (and I need two for my project). Today with 15 gathering turns (lvl 24), I got NOTHING. Same yesterday. And the day before that ? I got 3 chests. The day we got 15 additional turns ? I got 4 chests total. The RNG hates me with a burning passion, I never have luck with this kind of stuff. Like Elai's said, some people have opened 10 chests and got a scroll or an egg, how is this fair for people who have opened thousands and thousands of chests ? Some are even at their 15th eggs while some that have opened 10 times more chests are still waiting for one. One time, I opened a full stack of chests, and guess what ? I got nothing, not even a familiar. So yeah, while I do like the event, understand the rarity thing, the nocturne and appreciate the job the staff is doing, I am disappointed and angry with the odds of getting something.
Elai wrote on 2014-12-28 02:15:42:

^THIS !

I have now opened 970 chests. I got two eggs (better than nothing), still no scroll (and I need two for my project). Today with 15 gathering turns (lvl 24), I got NOTHING. Same yesterday. And the day before that ? I got 3 chests. The day we got 15 additional turns ? I got 4 chests total.

The RNG hates me with a burning passion, I never have luck with this kind of stuff.
Like Elai's said, some people have opened 10 chests and got a scroll or an egg, how is this fair for people who have opened thousands and thousands of chests ?
Some are even at their 15th eggs while some that have opened 10 times more chests are still waiting for one.

One time, I opened a full stack of chests, and guess what ? I got nothing, not even a familiar.

So yeah, while I do like the event, understand the rarity thing, the nocturne and appreciate the job the staff is doing, I am disappointed and angry with the odds of getting something.
asgq9q5_by_soujun-da8p8fz.png
[quote name="Genopath" date="2014-12-28 02:27:44"]I think I have more of an issue with their decision to include mimic bears along with the festival bears than the low rate of scroll/egg appearances in chests. Eggs and scrolls will come around another year, but those mimic bears [i]won't[/i].[/quote] [i]This[/i] is one of my biggest problems with this event (y'know, excluding the hundreds of chests I've opened and gotten one food from each). During a normal event, it can take a coli grinder maybe half an hour to an hour to gather enough festival currency to buy the familiar. The average member can get more than enough currency throughout the week through gathering to get one without even touching the coli. So you're pretty much guaranteed to get one if you go to the site three or four days that week. And it's only one familiar you have to worry about. But this event doesn't have one, but [i]six[/i] exclusive familiars that you have two weeks to get. But you can't buy them with festival currency that's easy to collect, no - you have to pray you have good luck and that [i]maybe[/i] you'll get [i]one[/i] from a chest, and so far for a lot of members it's taken a week to just get one. But you're not guaranteed to get one of the exclusive bears, you have 9 other familiars that could pop up too. It's completely up to luck. This wouldn't be that big of a problem if the chests weren't so utterly broken. I opened 150 chests today and got one familiar - a chest familiar. That's all I got. And tbh I consider myself lucky, because I'm seeing how many people are extremely discouraged after opening hundreds of chests and getting nothing at all. People are saying we should be grateful we have this event at all, but to be honest, I'd rather not have this event at all right now. It's taken the fun out of FR for the week. It's just frustrating after putting a lot of time into coli grinding you get [i]nothing[/i] from the chests. It takes hours or days to get to the amount of chests people have gotten, and for them to open them all up and get nothing at all? I'd be so frustrated I'd probably just log off for a bit. It's time and excitement built up to be completely shut down and feel really discouraged. It's just not a fun event. It's an event, but it's not a fun one. Why give us a broken event that only causes frustration? It doesn't help the site or the userbase.
Genopath wrote on 2014-12-28 02:27:44:

This is one of my biggest problems with this event (y'know, excluding the hundreds of chests I've opened and gotten one food from each).

During a normal event, it can take a coli grinder maybe half an hour to an hour to gather enough festival currency to buy the familiar. The average member can get more than enough currency throughout the week through gathering to get one without even touching the coli. So you're pretty much guaranteed to get one if you go to the site three or four days that week. And it's only one familiar you have to worry about.

But this event doesn't have one, but six exclusive familiars that you have two weeks to get. But you can't buy them with festival currency that's easy to collect, no - you have to pray you have good luck and that maybe you'll get one from a chest, and so far for a lot of members it's taken a week to just get one. But you're not guaranteed to get one of the exclusive bears, you have 9 other familiars that could pop up too. It's completely up to luck.

This wouldn't be that big of a problem if the chests weren't so utterly broken. I opened 150 chests today and got one familiar - a chest familiar. That's all I got. And tbh I consider myself lucky, because I'm seeing how many people are extremely discouraged after opening hundreds of chests and getting nothing at all.

People are saying we should be grateful we have this event at all, but to be honest, I'd rather not have this event at all right now. It's taken the fun out of FR for the week. It's just frustrating after putting a lot of time into coli grinding you get nothing from the chests. It takes hours or days to get to the amount of chests people have gotten, and for them to open them all up and get nothing at all? I'd be so frustrated I'd probably just log off for a bit. It's time and excitement built up to be completely shut down and feel really discouraged.

It's just not a fun event. It's an event, but it's not a fun one. Why give us a broken event that only causes frustration? It doesn't help the site or the userbase.
jIRALXN.png
I have to second Wow in the fact that, if you create an event which has a larger percentage of unsatisfied people than satisfied, then there is something fundamentally wrong with it.

White knighting in this case doesn't help the situation at all tbh; people are unhappy, an unsettlingly high amount are in fact. That should never be defended or argued against, regardless of how angry or vocal some of these people appear to be. They spent their time and revenue to play this game and they expect some level of service. Even if they never cross palms with gems there is also the ad revenue generated from their being here.
Unless the conduct breaches the forum's ToS then nobody has the right to police how people speak their minds on here. It is up to the moderators and the moderators alone to decide whether a comment is too rude or not.

You also have to consider the wider consequence of the registration window and the subsequent chaos it's caused. I would not be surprised if some new or even old members leave due to this. I do however feel that the extra gathering turns was fair and reasonable and I quite appreciated it, yet compared to the extremely lowered drop chance of chests for gatherers right now? Makes giving us that bonus a completely moot point.

It doesn't matter if I gain nothing from the chests, it's still fun to have a pile to actually open. Maybe more than 2 a day at level 25 digging and 15 turns? When at the start of the event people like myself were raking in about 20? That's what makes me so unsatisfied.
I have to second Wow in the fact that, if you create an event which has a larger percentage of unsatisfied people than satisfied, then there is something fundamentally wrong with it.

White knighting in this case doesn't help the situation at all tbh; people are unhappy, an unsettlingly high amount are in fact. That should never be defended or argued against, regardless of how angry or vocal some of these people appear to be. They spent their time and revenue to play this game and they expect some level of service. Even if they never cross palms with gems there is also the ad revenue generated from their being here.
Unless the conduct breaches the forum's ToS then nobody has the right to police how people speak their minds on here. It is up to the moderators and the moderators alone to decide whether a comment is too rude or not.

You also have to consider the wider consequence of the registration window and the subsequent chaos it's caused. I would not be surprised if some new or even old members leave due to this. I do however feel that the extra gathering turns was fair and reasonable and I quite appreciated it, yet compared to the extremely lowered drop chance of chests for gatherers right now? Makes giving us that bonus a completely moot point.

It doesn't matter if I gain nothing from the chests, it's still fun to have a pile to actually open. Maybe more than 2 a day at level 25 digging and 15 turns? When at the start of the event people like myself were raking in about 20? That's what makes me so unsatisfied.
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23