Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | This event is a joke
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
@Clocks
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's smh at the complete lack of ANY word from the staff about this, even the mods. It's even odder considering the news post for extra Gathering turns has been deleted, so clearly one of the higher-ups has been on. And yet...nothing. I think the fact that none of the devs have given us even a "yeah we see you're upset we're gonna work on this" if frustrating me about as much as hitting over 3,100 Chests with no Scrolls.

I'm still thinking maybe the Scrolls are supposed to drop at a higher rate. The fact that the site is still having issues even now makes it obvious some bit of code has/is going haywire; perhaps that's affecting the drop rate of the Scrolls?
@Clocks
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's smh at the complete lack of ANY word from the staff about this, even the mods. It's even odder considering the news post for extra Gathering turns has been deleted, so clearly one of the higher-ups has been on. And yet...nothing. I think the fact that none of the devs have given us even a "yeah we see you're upset we're gonna work on this" if frustrating me about as much as hitting over 3,100 Chests with no Scrolls.

I'm still thinking maybe the Scrolls are supposed to drop at a higher rate. The fact that the site is still having issues even now makes it obvious some bit of code has/is going haywire; perhaps that's affecting the drop rate of the Scrolls?
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
I think what bugs me most about this event is that some people (that is, including myself) just can't realistically use the Coli to obtain additional chests. My laptop is a piece of crap, so playing the Coli puts a lot of strain on it and I can't afford to replace it if it crashes. Because of that, I'm relying almost solely on my gathering turns to get chests. Thankfully, I have the funds right now to afford to pay out of pocket to feed my dragons. Otherwise, I'd have to split my turns between digging and gathering food. But what about new users who haven't had a chance to really save up or users who just don't have the time to grind the Coliseum? I wish that the admins would have continued to allow us extra gathering turns for this event because, for anyone who can't afford food, they've either got to use a portion of their turns for gathering food and miss out on the chance at more chests or they've got to let their dragons go hungry which only leads to them losing their bonuses (i.e. their +5 gathering turns) and makes it more difficult for them to feed their dragons later on.
I don't like to complain, but I just think that an event like this is supposed to be fun and, so far, I haven't had any fun with it. At this point, I'm no longer excited to open chests; it's been over a week and I haven't found a damn thing, so I've basically given up hope of finding anything. I'd be happy with just a familiar, even, but I've found nothing.
I think what a lot of people don't get (in reference to the negativity surrounding this event) is that, for some of us, it isn't about owning a Nocturne; it's about finding one. If I just wanted to own a Nocturne, I have a friend who has offered to give me one of the eggs that he found. But I don't want to just be given an egg; I want to experience the thrill of opening up a chest and seeing one there. So far, though, I haven't had any luck and it's really frustrating. I'm not a gambler; I don't like setting myself up for disappointment and it just feels like that's all that this event has been: one big disappointment. It's like waking up on Christmas morning and running downstairs, anticipating all of the gifts your family had been hinting at getting you, only to find that all the beautifully wrapped presents under the tree are just pretty packages filled with a bunch of useless crap you never asked for. Kind of kills the holiday spirit...
I think what bugs me most about this event is that some people (that is, including myself) just can't realistically use the Coli to obtain additional chests. My laptop is a piece of crap, so playing the Coli puts a lot of strain on it and I can't afford to replace it if it crashes. Because of that, I'm relying almost solely on my gathering turns to get chests. Thankfully, I have the funds right now to afford to pay out of pocket to feed my dragons. Otherwise, I'd have to split my turns between digging and gathering food. But what about new users who haven't had a chance to really save up or users who just don't have the time to grind the Coliseum? I wish that the admins would have continued to allow us extra gathering turns for this event because, for anyone who can't afford food, they've either got to use a portion of their turns for gathering food and miss out on the chance at more chests or they've got to let their dragons go hungry which only leads to them losing their bonuses (i.e. their +5 gathering turns) and makes it more difficult for them to feed their dragons later on.
I don't like to complain, but I just think that an event like this is supposed to be fun and, so far, I haven't had any fun with it. At this point, I'm no longer excited to open chests; it's been over a week and I haven't found a damn thing, so I've basically given up hope of finding anything. I'd be happy with just a familiar, even, but I've found nothing.
I think what a lot of people don't get (in reference to the negativity surrounding this event) is that, for some of us, it isn't about owning a Nocturne; it's about finding one. If I just wanted to own a Nocturne, I have a friend who has offered to give me one of the eggs that he found. But I don't want to just be given an egg; I want to experience the thrill of opening up a chest and seeing one there. So far, though, I haven't had any luck and it's really frustrating. I'm not a gambler; I don't like setting myself up for disappointment and it just feels like that's all that this event has been: one big disappointment. It's like waking up on Christmas morning and running downstairs, anticipating all of the gifts your family had been hinting at getting you, only to find that all the beautifully wrapped presents under the tree are just pretty packages filled with a bunch of useless crap you never asked for. Kind of kills the holiday spirit...
Still haven't found any dragons or scrolls. did find two event bears at least. I'm probably going to end up buying one after there are tons being bred.
Still haven't found any dragons or scrolls. did find two event bears at least. I'm probably going to end up buying one after there are tons being bred.
isjE8eL.gif
Positive:
Bears. I love those mimic bears!
Mimics. Yes.
Nocturnes look nice.
Staff was prepared to fix bugs as quickly as possible, despite this taking place during the holidays.
Comes back next year. If you don't get a thing you get another chance.

Negaitive:
0.04% Drop rate.
It took place during the holidays. Lots of people are missing out, but then again it happens. If they would have picked the beginning of the month people would have missed out too.
If you didn't like this event it is coming back next year.
There will be more added to the pool next year.

In conclusion:
This is event is interesting and it got more traffic to the site. That is what is wanted as it gets more ad views and such.
I wish they would have let us trade in "currency" for items like we do for festivals. However, the Nocturne scrolls are expensive and eggs are expensive too. You get currency and bears from chests... or perhaps the bears circulate every two hours or every other day and then currency is just from gathering and coil. However, I don't know if they considered this and ended up wanting to do something 100% different. It is a appreciated they decided to do something different, but that .04% change for scrolls is abysmal.
I don't really think anyone genuinely thinks the staff didn't put forth a great deal of effort for this event. However, there are people that will be upset that they did not get a scroll/egg after opening chests into the thousands. No one deserves anything and the only thing anyone should be upset with is RNG, but some people will still be upset.

TL;DR: Chance for scrolls and eggs are terrible, not a horrible event and new dragons are neat. Yay.
Positive:
Bears. I love those mimic bears!
Mimics. Yes.
Nocturnes look nice.
Staff was prepared to fix bugs as quickly as possible, despite this taking place during the holidays.
Comes back next year. If you don't get a thing you get another chance.

Negaitive:
0.04% Drop rate.
It took place during the holidays. Lots of people are missing out, but then again it happens. If they would have picked the beginning of the month people would have missed out too.
If you didn't like this event it is coming back next year.
There will be more added to the pool next year.

In conclusion:
This is event is interesting and it got more traffic to the site. That is what is wanted as it gets more ad views and such.
I wish they would have let us trade in "currency" for items like we do for festivals. However, the Nocturne scrolls are expensive and eggs are expensive too. You get currency and bears from chests... or perhaps the bears circulate every two hours or every other day and then currency is just from gathering and coil. However, I don't know if they considered this and ended up wanting to do something 100% different. It is a appreciated they decided to do something different, but that .04% change for scrolls is abysmal.
I don't really think anyone genuinely thinks the staff didn't put forth a great deal of effort for this event. However, there are people that will be upset that they did not get a scroll/egg after opening chests into the thousands. No one deserves anything and the only thing anyone should be upset with is RNG, but some people will still be upset.

TL;DR: Chance for scrolls and eggs are terrible, not a horrible event and new dragons are neat. Yay.
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
[quote name="SpaceyWolf" date="2014-12-29 19:08:29"] I think what a lot of people don't get (in reference to the negativity surrounding this event) is that, for some of us, it isn't about owning a Nocturne; it's about [b]finding[/b] one. If I just wanted to own a Nocturne, I have a friend who has offered to give me one of the eggs that he found. But I don't want to just be given an egg; I want to experience the thrill of opening up a chest and seeing one there. So far, though, I haven't had any luck and it's really frustrating. I'm not a gambler; I don't like setting myself up for disappointment and it just feels like that's all that this event has been: one big disappointment. It's like waking up on Christmas morning and running downstairs, anticipating all of the gifts your family had been hinting at getting you, only to find that all the beautifully wrapped presents under the tree are just pretty packages filled with a bunch of useless crap you never asked for. Kind of kills the holiday spirit...[/quote] This ^ It's the joy of earning something that's what makes people happy. You might get the crappiest looking noct in the site, but at least YOU yourself found it in a chest rather than some other player that bought their dream noct for such an outrageous number.
SpaceyWolf wrote on 2014-12-29 19:08:29:

This ^
It's the joy of earning something that's what makes people happy. You might get the crappiest looking noct in the site, but at least YOU yourself found it in a chest rather than some other player that bought their dream noct for such an outrageous number.
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png
Preach.

Such a stupid event. It would be fun if there were more too it, like gathering certain items to create something else, kill a few things, go on an easter egg hunt, etc etc. I'd be happy if it was like a daily thing, where you work towards the reward but no, constant , monotonous, pointless grinding. All around the holidays, with stupid odds. I reckon the odds thing was because they wanted to emphasize the "OMG SO RARE AND LIMITED" aspect of the breed but they didn't take into account that to obtain it you have to grind for obscene amounts of times for fluff all. AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE CHESTS. Even if there's nothing of huge value in it I expect more than one - ONE - pathetic food item.

God and the constant posts of people gloating that have time to grind at all in FR discussion. I mean good for you, I'm happy that you're happy but there's been like 5 million "OMG GUISE LOOK AT ALL THE STUFFS IT ONLY TOOK 10 HOURS." posts. There needs to be a separate thread tbh.

I feel like this event is a disease that has infected the site , all I want is my egg and for it to be gone.
Preach.

Such a stupid event. It would be fun if there were more too it, like gathering certain items to create something else, kill a few things, go on an easter egg hunt, etc etc. I'd be happy if it was like a daily thing, where you work towards the reward but no, constant , monotonous, pointless grinding. All around the holidays, with stupid odds. I reckon the odds thing was because they wanted to emphasize the "OMG SO RARE AND LIMITED" aspect of the breed but they didn't take into account that to obtain it you have to grind for obscene amounts of times for fluff all. AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE CHESTS. Even if there's nothing of huge value in it I expect more than one - ONE - pathetic food item.

God and the constant posts of people gloating that have time to grind at all in FR discussion. I mean good for you, I'm happy that you're happy but there's been like 5 million "OMG GUISE LOOK AT ALL THE STUFFS IT ONLY TOOK 10 HOURS." posts. There needs to be a separate thread tbh.

I feel like this event is a disease that has infected the site , all I want is my egg and for it to be gone.
Heart.gif
My only complaint is the gathering system and how it's comprised affecting your chances of gathering chests.

The way it's set up, your higher gathering level actually works AGAINST you. And not just for this event, either. Any chances of getting something rare like a chest or an egg or a familiar, are actually hurt by leveling up.

If they don't want to re-work the gathering system entirely, then they should at least make the disadvantage make sense by making it harder for LOWER levels to find rare items, or make it so they can't at all, rather than the opposite. Why are we penalized for having an higher level?
My only complaint is the gathering system and how it's comprised affecting your chances of gathering chests.

The way it's set up, your higher gathering level actually works AGAINST you. And not just for this event, either. Any chances of getting something rare like a chest or an egg or a familiar, are actually hurt by leveling up.

If they don't want to re-work the gathering system entirely, then they should at least make the disadvantage make sense by making it harder for LOWER levels to find rare items, or make it so they can't at all, rather than the opposite. Why are we penalized for having an higher level?
plagueshieldr.pngXxqDwGq.pngplagueshieldl.png
I've really enjoyed this event so far, but I wish the drop rate for scrolls was a little higher. I've opened over 1,000 chests and have gotten a few eggs and familiars, but no scroll. I know it's just the RNG, so I'm not complaining, but it would have been nice.

I really hope they don't bring the bears back during the next NoN though. That would be terrible - I collect familiars and worked really hard to ensure that I had spares of all the Holiday bears. Now the value of my collection has tanked. I'm glad new users got a chance to get the bears, but I would like for my limited items to gain some sort of value over time.
I've really enjoyed this event so far, but I wish the drop rate for scrolls was a little higher. I've opened over 1,000 chests and have gotten a few eggs and familiars, but no scroll. I know it's just the RNG, so I'm not complaining, but it would have been nice.

I really hope they don't bring the bears back during the next NoN though. That would be terrible - I collect familiars and worked really hard to ensure that I had spares of all the Holiday bears. Now the value of my collection has tanked. I'm glad new users got a chance to get the bears, but I would like for my limited items to gain some sort of value over time.
h1_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkwo.pngp4_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvi.png
p2_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvq.pngh5_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkw2.png
h3_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkwg.pngh6_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvu.png
[quote name="Bubonic" date="2014-12-29 21:33:59"]My only complaint is the gathering system and how it's comprised affecting your chances of gathering chests. The way it's set up, your higher gathering level actually works AGAINST you. And not just for this event, either. Any chances of getting something rare like a chest or an egg or a familiar, are actually hurt by leveling up. If they don't want to re-work the gathering system entirely, then they should at least make the disadvantage make sense by making it harder for LOWER levels to find rare items, or make it so they can't at all, rather than the opposite. Why are we penalized for having an higher level?[/quote] Yup, this.
Bubonic wrote on 2014-12-29 21:33:59:

Yup, this.
1009gIL.png
@Clocks

it's been confirmed that the bears will be back next year?
@Clocks

it's been confirmed that the bears will be back next year?
IJJc6Sg.png 6I84XUY.gif wXPzM1Z.gif
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23