Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | This event is a joke
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23
Level 25 digging.
Has participated all event days.
Has not gotten a single chest yet.

I don't understand why people don't think the gathering is broken?...

Like really, I get Nocturnes are supposed to be rare, as everyone keeps stating. But this is ridiculous. They could have waited until a better time to do this, not around a registration window and not when everything is broken like this.

Before people start yelling at me that I can just grind in the coliseum, I can't. I've tried it every day, but it crashes every 30 minutes, and I only get about 2 chests before it does collapse on a good day. I hate to sound like a whiner, but this event... Really has no logic according to good timing or preparation... Just sayin'.
Level 25 digging.
Has participated all event days.
Has not gotten a single chest yet.

I don't understand why people don't think the gathering is broken?...

Like really, I get Nocturnes are supposed to be rare, as everyone keeps stating. But this is ridiculous. They could have waited until a better time to do this, not around a registration window and not when everything is broken like this.

Before people start yelling at me that I can just grind in the coliseum, I can't. I've tried it every day, but it crashes every 30 minutes, and I only get about 2 chests before it does collapse on a good day. I hate to sound like a whiner, but this event... Really has no logic according to good timing or preparation... Just sayin'.
sawyer | they/them
@DualscarAmpora

There's a difference between whining and talking about an issue in a civil manner. You are are doing the latter.

The gathering problems need to be re-balanced and the flashes on both the Fairgrounds and the Coliseum also need to be fixed so that people can get better access to important aspects of the site. The most I can tell you in the meantime to do is to see if someone is giving away eggs or nests of bred hatchlings. But as far as not having the event at all seems a bit vindictive and piety.

In your case these are all issues that need to be addressed and the great part of having these kind of events is that it puts stress on the admins to make changes for the better on the website. Make the problems known, but don't be a jerk about it? But you weren't, so you're cool.
@DualscarAmpora

There's a difference between whining and talking about an issue in a civil manner. You are are doing the latter.

The gathering problems need to be re-balanced and the flashes on both the Fairgrounds and the Coliseum also need to be fixed so that people can get better access to important aspects of the site. The most I can tell you in the meantime to do is to see if someone is giving away eggs or nests of bred hatchlings. But as far as not having the event at all seems a bit vindictive and piety.

In your case these are all issues that need to be addressed and the great part of having these kind of events is that it puts stress on the admins to make changes for the better on the website. Make the problems known, but don't be a jerk about it? But you weren't, so you're cool.
003_zpskxikgayt.png
0150412frcherrybomb_sig_by_kagisnad-d8pv5tx.png003_zpskxikgayt.png
It is interesting to read all the posts here. I have to agree on several items, yes the Nocturnes are rare, that is fine but to make it nearly impossible to get anything good out of the chests is in itself not fair. Wh y make an event that gets so many players so frustrated? Better planning and better items would be nice or the next event ppl are just gonna ignore it. The chest drop rate really sucks, today is the worst I have seen. So hey. why not have these events and not fix the ongoing issues with FR, that seems to be what the admin is doing. We have been promised that things will get fixed, well than WHEN!! So instead of fixing the broken issues lets just have another open registration. Well that is brilliant as the site cannot handle what it has, so make it lag more, make it less fun (ie: lagging, lots of no drops from grinding, that is way up, no answers to our questions about when promised things will be fixed or opened, again the crafting, the searching etc). I have not seen anywhere where the admin has answered anyones questions/concerns, guess they will just ignore the ppl who play the game. Maybe that is why they keep opening registrations when the site cannot handle the load, they have new ppl who are just learning so do not understand the issues and do not know enough to complain, for all the good it does for those of us who have been playing since the site opened. Yes the admin is working on the problems, how many times will we keep hearing that one with no results. How about stop adding things and fix the broken ones, WOW now that is a new concept. One the admin just does not get. I love this game, but it is getting boring, grinding constantly hoping for something good, getting no answers on how they are going to fix the FR economy(FYI it is not by opening more reg windows as you cannot handle what you have now) getting no answers on when the crafting will be opened, when the search will be fixed, the coli fixed for the upper players. Unfortunately I can go on and on as can most of us. I am tired of hearing how the admin is doing there best, REALLY, cause there best is not so good. Sending out gene after gene in close proximity to others without letting one settle down before another comes along. I do love the new dragons and having them be rare is fine, everyone who wants one will get one eventually, but make it FAIR! Be fair to the ppl who play this game consistently and answers out questions with real answers instead of dancing around the issues. Oh and btw, once again fix the problems before adding anything new. You chose to be admins, now it is time to do the job properly. Just sayin'
It is interesting to read all the posts here. I have to agree on several items, yes the Nocturnes are rare, that is fine but to make it nearly impossible to get anything good out of the chests is in itself not fair. Wh y make an event that gets so many players so frustrated? Better planning and better items would be nice or the next event ppl are just gonna ignore it. The chest drop rate really sucks, today is the worst I have seen. So hey. why not have these events and not fix the ongoing issues with FR, that seems to be what the admin is doing. We have been promised that things will get fixed, well than WHEN!! So instead of fixing the broken issues lets just have another open registration. Well that is brilliant as the site cannot handle what it has, so make it lag more, make it less fun (ie: lagging, lots of no drops from grinding, that is way up, no answers to our questions about when promised things will be fixed or opened, again the crafting, the searching etc). I have not seen anywhere where the admin has answered anyones questions/concerns, guess they will just ignore the ppl who play the game. Maybe that is why they keep opening registrations when the site cannot handle the load, they have new ppl who are just learning so do not understand the issues and do not know enough to complain, for all the good it does for those of us who have been playing since the site opened. Yes the admin is working on the problems, how many times will we keep hearing that one with no results. How about stop adding things and fix the broken ones, WOW now that is a new concept. One the admin just does not get. I love this game, but it is getting boring, grinding constantly hoping for something good, getting no answers on how they are going to fix the FR economy(FYI it is not by opening more reg windows as you cannot handle what you have now) getting no answers on when the crafting will be opened, when the search will be fixed, the coli fixed for the upper players. Unfortunately I can go on and on as can most of us. I am tired of hearing how the admin is doing there best, REALLY, cause there best is not so good. Sending out gene after gene in close proximity to others without letting one settle down before another comes along. I do love the new dragons and having them be rare is fine, everyone who wants one will get one eventually, but make it FAIR! Be fair to the ppl who play this game consistently and answers out questions with real answers instead of dancing around the issues. Oh and btw, once again fix the problems before adding anything new. You chose to be admins, now it is time to do the job properly. Just sayin'
Dandydots.pngdandydotsicon_by_ciarwitch-d9vv8cq.png
sig_triv_treasure_by_thesleepyghosty-db2khby.png
I actually got no chests at all for yesterday's gathering. Zero, zilch, nada. I thought the event had ended early, but then I realised it was just my terrible luck combined with my level 25 digging :p
I actually got no chests at all for yesterday's gathering. Zero, zilch, nada. I thought the event had ended early, but then I realised it was just my terrible luck combined with my level 25 digging :p
tumblr_oq86i7RK4Z1wnxxc9o1_100.pnggJ2sy5O.pngsnowpea_potted_imp_sig_by_jeanawei-dbl45ag.png4RNC92e.pngtumblr_oq86pf429u1wnxxc9o1_100.png
I agree that the Gathering system is messed up for the higher levels, I totally get that, the only thing that bothers me is when older players act as if because the gathering system isn't working for them it means that all the newbies who have gotten something out of this event had this huge advantage.

I've gotten 150 chests from Gathering. None of them gave me an egg.
I've gotten 800+ from the Coli, 4 eggs and 1 scroll.

I really hope no one will dare say that I got my goods from my "newbie" status. Many of the older players started this event with Level 25 Dragons, they had a major advantage over everyone else too, right?

I'm not bashing any of the older players, I'm sorry the Gathering system doesn't work (I'm starting to see the effects of that, no chests yesterday haha) and I'm sorry if you can't do Coli (b/c of health, work, life, internet etc) I can totally understand that.

But for the people who can do Coli then what are you doing?

Also next month I'll be giving out all the Nocturne Hatchlings from my nest for free, if anyone is interested.
I agree that the Gathering system is messed up for the higher levels, I totally get that, the only thing that bothers me is when older players act as if because the gathering system isn't working for them it means that all the newbies who have gotten something out of this event had this huge advantage.

I've gotten 150 chests from Gathering. None of them gave me an egg.
I've gotten 800+ from the Coli, 4 eggs and 1 scroll.

I really hope no one will dare say that I got my goods from my "newbie" status. Many of the older players started this event with Level 25 Dragons, they had a major advantage over everyone else too, right?

I'm not bashing any of the older players, I'm sorry the Gathering system doesn't work (I'm starting to see the effects of that, no chests yesterday haha) and I'm sorry if you can't do Coli (b/c of health, work, life, internet etc) I can totally understand that.

But for the people who can do Coli then what are you doing?

Also next month I'll be giving out all the Nocturne Hatchlings from my nest for free, if anyone is interested.
8qtapnq.pngtumblr_nky7fv7Uz91tfytxqo2_r1_75sq.pngRmHSCAk.png
My digging is also level 25 and maybe 3-5 chests using all my turns, my brother also plays and has level 7 digging and gets 40-60 chests and I was wondering about that, reading a lot of others have similar things happening makes me feel less crazy.
My digging is also level 25 and maybe 3-5 chests using all my turns, my brother also plays and has level 7 digging and gets 40-60 chests and I was wondering about that, reading a lot of others have similar things happening makes me feel less crazy.
The gathering is broken. Not just in the event but in general. I also understand alot of peoples frustration with RNGesus. Many just dont find RNG fun. I dont think whining is the way to go about saying it sucks but I think they should be allowed to complain.

My biggest and really only things I dislike about this event is~

1- its all RNG. If I wanted to play nothing but RNG id go play a dungeon crawler *which are fun, dont misunderstand here* What a dungeon crawler has and this event lacks, depth. Something to break the monotony. I dont care if you keep everything you have now but the event feels... rushed? It lacks substance. Add apparel. Crafting familiars not found in the boxes. Limited skins dropped from mimics. Crafted skins. ANYTHING! Anything but grind chests, open, rinse, repeat.

2- The time. On Christmas. Are you freaking kidding me? I'll give you 3 guesses why the ice holiday is in January and not December. Because I want you to get it right.... the first 3 guesses are free. I mean come on staff if you want to do it this month do it at THE FREAKING START!

Thats it though. I like the concept and hope to see more limited breeds pop up once a year.
The gathering is broken. Not just in the event but in general. I also understand alot of peoples frustration with RNGesus. Many just dont find RNG fun. I dont think whining is the way to go about saying it sucks but I think they should be allowed to complain.

My biggest and really only things I dislike about this event is~

1- its all RNG. If I wanted to play nothing but RNG id go play a dungeon crawler *which are fun, dont misunderstand here* What a dungeon crawler has and this event lacks, depth. Something to break the monotony. I dont care if you keep everything you have now but the event feels... rushed? It lacks substance. Add apparel. Crafting familiars not found in the boxes. Limited skins dropped from mimics. Crafted skins. ANYTHING! Anything but grind chests, open, rinse, repeat.

2- The time. On Christmas. Are you freaking kidding me? I'll give you 3 guesses why the ice holiday is in January and not December. Because I want you to get it right.... the first 3 guesses are free. I mean come on staff if you want to do it this month do it at THE FREAKING START!

Thats it though. I like the concept and hope to see more limited breeds pop up once a year.
Siggy-2_zpsf51a9ab3.png
Siggy made by Serinde
Why do people take pixel dragons so seriously. With patience and time Nocs will be as cheap as Imps.
Why do people take pixel dragons so seriously. With patience and time Nocs will be as cheap as Imps.
2-3 levels ago I got 36 chests. Today I got 4. I guess it makes sense to stagger them to give newbs an advantage (something not many sites offer and is great for retaining all the new base they just pulled in)

After about 400 chests I got two eggs. Another 100 later I got a third. I still grind for a scroll but really it wasn't that hard to do. Older users have the benefit of the Coliseum. Newbies have gathering.
The event can't cater to everyone. Make it too accessible and nothing is rare.

Man do people love to whine about it, though.
2-3 levels ago I got 36 chests. Today I got 4. I guess it makes sense to stagger them to give newbs an advantage (something not many sites offer and is great for retaining all the new base they just pulled in)

After about 400 chests I got two eggs. Another 100 later I got a third. I still grind for a scroll but really it wasn't that hard to do. Older users have the benefit of the Coliseum. Newbies have gathering.
The event can't cater to everyone. Make it too accessible and nothing is rare.

Man do people love to whine about it, though.
the whole point of doing the event this way is so the breed change scrolls and eggs are rare and hard to get, i don't get why people are whining about how they're...rare and hard to get.
the whole point of doing the event this way is so the breed change scrolls and eggs are rare and hard to get, i don't get why people are whining about how they're...rare and hard to get.
man idk
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23