Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I hate this event (mostly)
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="irisequa" date="2014-12-25 07:13:21"]The time you guys spend whining could be the time you spend grinding for chests. Some people just have more luck than others. Either work for it or save your money. That's just how it is. I do feel sorry for the ones who can't grind though for various reasons, this rant isn't for you :([/quote] except whenever i get the urge to go grind the coliseum wont load and i cant. and luck's not much of a part of it when i have 25 levels in digging and i get 7 chests, while newbies with low levels get at least 30? that's not luck, it's gathering still being broken in an event that uses gathering as one of it's main way to get exclusive stuff.
irisequa wrote on 2014-12-25 07:13:21:
The time you guys spend whining could be the time you spend grinding for chests. Some people just have more luck than others. Either work for it or save your money. That's just how it is.

I do feel sorry for the ones who can't grind though for various reasons, this rant isn't for you :(
except whenever i get the urge to go grind the coliseum wont load and i cant.
and luck's not much of a part of it when i have 25 levels in digging and i get 7 chests, while newbies with low levels get at least 30? that's not luck, it's gathering still being broken in an event that uses gathering as one of it's main way to get exclusive stuff.
tumblr_inline_njw5jjRGaO1qg2i5p.gif
I feel sorry for those who can't grind for whatever reason, but those who aren't putting in the effort and instead complain;

Chill, it's a two-week long event. Do a happy dance or something.
I feel sorry for those who can't grind for whatever reason, but those who aren't putting in the effort and instead complain;

Chill, it's a two-week long event. Do a happy dance or something.
[quote name="Jallycyn" date="2014-12-25 03:52:08"]Oh my god, when is everybody going to stop [i]whining?[/i][/quote] I like you.
Jallycyn wrote on 2014-12-25 03:52:08:
Oh my god, when is everybody going to stop whining?

I like you.
LRGcw0O.gifnJTGYTQ.pngA0h640T.gif
@Fishcake
I meant that if you spend 40-50 minutes in the Coli every day, you can get 2k chests until the end of event x)
@Fishcake
I meant that if you spend 40-50 minutes in the Coli every day, you can get 2k chests until the end of event x)
KmnIjfw.png
[quote name="Ankokou" date="2014-12-24 23:52:30"]I'd like to see something where equal effort has a more equal award.[/quote] This. [i]This[/i]. [b][i]This[/i][/b]. This is the main beef I have with the event: the fact that you could potentially grind for hours every day and still have nothing to show for it in the end. That's not to say that everyone should get a scroll. It's perfectly fine to have a big prize reserved for the extremely lucky. But I would like to see some kind of trade mechanic for the "lesser" prizes like familiars, and maybe we could even introduce apparel or skins/accents next year that can be swapped for with components dropped from chests and/or mimics. That way people would feel like they're actually working toward something instead of just slogging through chest after chest of disappointment after they've completely given up hope of getting anything worth having. Basically make the "filler" stuff useful. The food is alright, but a lot of us really don't need it. The trinkets? Totally worthless. So...fix that! Introduce a special NPC or something who offers to trade you festival items for the "worthless" things you find from chests. That way instead of being disappointed that you only got a lousy puppet, you can think "oh well, I'm one more token closer to the item I want!" For the record, I don't hate the event. It seems a little rushed to me but overall it's not bad. I just think there are some things the devs could do in the future to make it much, much better.
Ankokou wrote on 2014-12-24 23:52:30:
I'd like to see something where equal effort has a more equal award.
This. This. This.

This is the main beef I have with the event: the fact that you could potentially grind for hours every day and still have nothing to show for it in the end.

That's not to say that everyone should get a scroll. It's perfectly fine to have a big prize reserved for the extremely lucky. But I would like to see some kind of trade mechanic for the "lesser" prizes like familiars, and maybe we could even introduce apparel or skins/accents next year that can be swapped for with components dropped from chests and/or mimics. That way people would feel like they're actually working toward something instead of just slogging through chest after chest of disappointment after they've completely given up hope of getting anything worth having.

Basically make the "filler" stuff useful. The food is alright, but a lot of us really don't need it. The trinkets? Totally worthless. So...fix that! Introduce a special NPC or something who offers to trade you festival items for the "worthless" things you find from chests. That way instead of being disappointed that you only got a lousy puppet, you can think "oh well, I'm one more token closer to the item I want!"

For the record, I don't hate the event. It seems a little rushed to me but overall it's not bad. I just think there are some things the devs could do in the future to make it much, much better.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
[quote name="inklizard" date="2014-12-27 02:01:24"][quote name="Ankokou" date="2014-12-24 23:52:30"]I'd like to see something where equal effort has a more equal award.[/quote] This. [i]This[/i]. [b][i]This[/i][/b]. This is the main beef I have with the event: the fact that you could potentially grind for hours every day and still have nothing to show for it in the end. That's not to say that everyone should get a scroll. It's perfectly fine to have a big prize reserved for the extremely lucky. But I would like to see some kind of trade mechanic for the "lesser" prizes like familiars, and maybe we could even introduce apparel or skins/accents next year that can be swapped for with components dropped from chests and/or mimics. That way people would feel like they're actually working toward something instead of just slogging through chest after chest of disappointment after they've completely given up hope of getting anything worth having. Basically make the "filler" stuff useful. The food is alright, but a lot of us really don't need it. The trinkets? Totally worthless. So...fix that! Introduce a special NPC or something who offers to trade you festival items for the "worthless" things you find from chests. That way instead of being disappointed that you only got a lousy puppet, you can think "oh well, I'm one more token closer to the item I want!" For the record, I don't hate the event. It seems a little rushed to me but overall it's not bad. I just think there are some things the devs could do in the future to make it much, much better.[/quote] I certainly agree with adding some sort of trading system for the junk we're getting like mimic powder. It doesn't even have to be eggs or scrolls. It's a lot of effort for very little reward. Not even speaking from my own experience, I got a scroll and two eggs out of roughly 800 chests but I'm witnessing a lot of "I opened [insert ridiculous amount of chests here] and got one familiar" Like, I have a lot of free time to goof around on here and mash coliseum buttons until my hands fall off but not everybody can do that for one reason or another, and it just doesn't seem fair to me or worth the amount of effort put in to those who have been grinding forever.
inklizard wrote on 2014-12-27 02:01:24:
This. This. This.

This is the main beef I have with the event: the fact that you could potentially grind for hours every day and still have nothing to show for it in the end.

That's not to say that everyone should get a scroll. It's perfectly fine to have a big prize reserved for the extremely lucky. But I would like to see some kind of trade mechanic for the "lesser" prizes like familiars, and maybe we could even introduce apparel or skins/accents next year that can be swapped for with components dropped from chests and/or mimics. That way people would feel like they're actually working toward something instead of just slogging through chest after chest of disappointment after they've completely given up hope of getting anything worth having.

Basically make the "filler" stuff useful. The food is alright, but a lot of us really don't need it. The trinkets? Totally worthless. So...fix that! Introduce a special NPC or something who offers to trade you festival items for the "worthless" things you find from chests. That way instead of being disappointed that you only got a lousy puppet, you can think "oh well, I'm one more token closer to the item I want!"

For the record, I don't hate the event. It seems a little rushed to me but overall it's not bad. I just think there are some things the devs could do in the future to make it much, much better.

I certainly agree with adding some sort of trading system for the junk we're getting like mimic powder. It doesn't even have to be eggs or scrolls. It's a lot of effort for very little reward. Not even speaking from my own experience, I got a scroll and two eggs out of roughly 800 chests but I'm witnessing a lot of "I opened [insert ridiculous amount of chests here] and got one familiar"

Like, I have a lot of free time to goof around on here and mash coliseum buttons until my hands fall off but not everybody can do that for one reason or another, and it just doesn't seem fair to me or worth the amount of effort put in to those who have been grinding forever.
[quote name="inklizard" date="2014-12-27 02:01:24"][quote name="Ankokou" date="2014-12-24 23:52:30"]I'd like to see something where equal effort has a more equal award.[/quote] This. [i]This[/i]. [b][i]This[/i][/b]. This is the main beef I have with the event: the fact that you could potentially grind for hours every day and still have nothing to show for it in the end. That's not to say that everyone should get a scroll. It's perfectly fine to have a big prize reserved for the extremely lucky. But I would like to see some kind of trade mechanic for the "lesser" prizes like familiars, and maybe we could even introduce apparel or skins/accents next year that can be swapped for with components dropped from chests and/or mimics. That way people would feel like they're actually working toward something instead of just slogging through chest after chest of disappointment after they've completely given up hope of getting anything worth having. Basically make the "filler" stuff useful. The food is alright, but a lot of us really don't need it. The trinkets? Totally worthless. So...fix that! Introduce a special NPC or something who offers to trade you festival items for the "worthless" things you find from chests. That way instead of being disappointed that you only got a lousy puppet, you can think "oh well, I'm one more token closer to the item I want!" For the record, I don't hate the event. It seems a little rushed to me but overall it's not bad. I just think there are some things the devs could do in the future to make it much, much better.[/quote] THIS! ALL OF IT! My problem is not with the chests. Its the lack of everything else. No matter what anyone tells me, unless it lottery with the chance of me never having to work a single day for the rest of my life, RNG is lame and boring PERIOD! So, give us something more even when RNG fails. Apparel, craftable familiars NOT in the chest, Skins ect. I mean dont get me wrong when this is all over I plan to start a cult for the worship of butt rocks but a bit more depth is what this event needs! Working your butt off for nothing is not fun. So even if you dont snag the grand prize, at least give us something for the time we spend.
inklizard wrote on 2014-12-27 02:01:24:
This. This. This.

THIS! ALL OF IT! My problem is not with the chests. Its the lack of everything else. No matter what anyone tells me, unless it lottery with the chance of me never having to work a single day for the rest of my life, RNG is lame and boring PERIOD! So, give us something more even when RNG fails. Apparel, craftable familiars NOT in the chest, Skins ect. I mean dont get me wrong when this is all over I plan to start a cult for the worship of butt rocks but a bit more depth is what this event needs!

Working your butt off for nothing is not fun. So even if you dont snag the grand prize, at least give us something for the time we spend.
Siggy-2_zpsf51a9ab3.png
Siggy made by Serinde
[center]Its rather frustrating, I quite like Nocturne and would love to change a few of my dragon into them, but cannot for the life of me find a Scroll, I have to buy one and it sent me broke to do so. I've opened 1300+ and haven't found a scroll but have obtained a total of 4 Eggs, and of course Familiar, mind you though I got 6 of the exact same Bear .w. The 1 food item you get from the chest is almost insulting for the effort put into gathering all the chests, I have ample food already so it is useless to me [img]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/361/a/b/food_by_pandemonium28-d8bexiz.png[/img][/center]
Its rather frustrating, I quite like Nocturne and would love to change a few of my dragon into them, but cannot for the life of me find a Scroll, I have to buy one and it sent me broke to do so.

I've opened 1300+ and haven't found a scroll but have obtained a total of 4 Eggs, and of course Familiar, mind you though I got 6 of the exact same Bear .w.

The 1 food item you get from the chest is almost insulting for the effort put into gathering all the chests, I have ample food already so it is useless to me
food_by_pandemonium28-d8bexiz.png
Returning to FR after a long hiatus
I'm rather disappointed with some of the comments and replies here, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm not even gonna' go there
The chests are becoming quite aggravating for me also, it feels as if the FR staff are slowly weaning us from them by lowering their appearance rates little by little, I know a lot of people are experiencing it
I'm rather disappointed with some of the comments and replies here, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm not even gonna' go there
The chests are becoming quite aggravating for me also, it feels as if the FR staff are slowly weaning us from them by lowering their appearance rates little by little, I know a lot of people are experiencing it
I have a difficult time conveying my thoughts and idea's so please be patient with me
@Runee

Untrue. This is a public medium. If you want to state your opinion without ever getting any disagreement or vitriol, stick to a private one.

And also, if someone agrees with what's already been said, they are within their rights to quote it as a reply. Some people state things less eloquently then others and people have every right to basically go 'what they said'., wether because they don't want to say the same thing themselves or don't feel they can say it as well.

That is not what spam is.

And no, they are not.
@Runee

Untrue. This is a public medium. If you want to state your opinion without ever getting any disagreement or vitriol, stick to a private one.

And also, if someone agrees with what's already been said, they are within their rights to quote it as a reply. Some people state things less eloquently then others and people have every right to basically go 'what they said'., wether because they don't want to say the same thing themselves or don't feel they can say it as well.

That is not what spam is.

And no, they are not.
knhLXgs.png
1 2 3 4 5 6