Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I hate this event (mostly)
1 2 3 4 5 6
To be honest I just hate a lot about this Nocturne event and everything that's happened so far

the FR servers didn't seem adequate to handle the event traffic, there's been severe lag and downtime the past few days ((which imo seems a little ridiculous considering they've had like 3 signup windows lately and should know what their servers can handle))

like the chests seem hecka broken, them dropping single food is almost insulting, annoying at the very least

I think it would've been much better if the chests had a lower drop rate but always contained something festive, whether like maybe a bear, some familiar, some Nocturne-themed accent/skins, or a scroll/egg really rarely. or if you're going to drop food, make it event-themed and drop like 10

It just seems really annoying that you can literally go through an entire stack without getting anything but flounders, butt rocks, and maybe a Jawlocker.

((and this one might be a little whining but since a good deal of chests are got from Gathering, the faction with dom gets a sorta unfair advantage))

I know other people have made more articulate arguments and made their complaints more eloquent but. whines
To be honest I just hate a lot about this Nocturne event and everything that's happened so far

the FR servers didn't seem adequate to handle the event traffic, there's been severe lag and downtime the past few days ((which imo seems a little ridiculous considering they've had like 3 signup windows lately and should know what their servers can handle))

like the chests seem hecka broken, them dropping single food is almost insulting, annoying at the very least

I think it would've been much better if the chests had a lower drop rate but always contained something festive, whether like maybe a bear, some familiar, some Nocturne-themed accent/skins, or a scroll/egg really rarely. or if you're going to drop food, make it event-themed and drop like 10

It just seems really annoying that you can literally go through an entire stack without getting anything but flounders, butt rocks, and maybe a Jawlocker.

((and this one might be a little whining but since a good deal of chests are got from Gathering, the faction with dom gets a sorta unfair advantage))

I know other people have made more articulate arguments and made their complaints more eloquent but. whines
ye
ye
• FR+18 • She/They •
IKTR - Fandragons in Invictus, Hallownest, Equestria, and Fandragon Tabs
So don't participate. It's as simple as that.

I, personally, am having a blast, despite the hiccup at the start.

knhLXgs.png
[quote name="Div3rge" date="2014-12-24 22:20:06"]So don't participate. It's as simple as that. I, personally, am having a blast, despite the hiccup at the start.[/quote] ^
Div3rge wrote on 2014-12-24 22:20:06:

^
he/him fr+2
[quote name="Div3rge" date="2014-12-24 22:20:06"]So don't participate. It's as simple as that. I, personally, am having a blast, despite the hiccup at the start.[/quote]

LRGcw0O.gifnJTGYTQ.pngA0h640T.gif
Or, take advantage of people who are participating and make a profit off of event items. Win-win situation.
Or, take advantage of people who are participating and make a profit off of event items. Win-win situation.
[quote name="Aggron" date="2014-12-24 22:23:43"][quote name="Div3rge" date="2014-12-24 22:20:06"]So don't participate. It's as simple as that. I, personally, am having a blast, despite the hiccup at the start.[/quote][/quote]
Aggron wrote on 2014-12-24 22:23:43:

[quote name="Div3rge" date="2014-12-24 22:20:06"]So don't participate. It's as simple as that. I, personally, am having a blast, despite the hiccup at the start.[/quote] WRONG. Keep participating, nab all those chests and turn a profit on em! Open a few once every so often, you may just luck out! Turn a profit on whatever comes out if you don't want to keep it. Nocturne prices will drop down eventually no matter what; there's no limits imposed as to how many times a dragon can breed anyhow. Flip the biggest fattest bird you can and turn this event into something YOU find fun!

WRONG.

Keep participating, nab all those chests and turn a profit on em!
Open a few once every so often, you may just luck out!
Turn a profit on whatever comes out if you don't want to keep it. Nocturne prices will drop down eventually no matter what; there's no limits imposed as to how many times a dragon can breed anyhow.

Flip the biggest fattest bird you can and turn this event into something YOU find fun!
I'd be happier if the coli didn't freeze every time I get a 3 mimic battle =P
I'd be happier if the coli didn't freeze every time I get a 3 mimic battle =P
The only problem with better items is that the game would be flooded with them to the point where they'd be worthless. Even with most chests dropping one food item, already I have 600+ of each food, and I'm not even opening as many chests as some people are. Imagine if I got 10 foods for every one -- I'd have six thousand of each food now, and we're only halfway through the first week of a two-week event.
The only problem with better items is that the game would be flooded with them to the point where they'd be worthless. Even with most chests dropping one food item, already I have 600+ of each food, and I'm not even opening as many chests as some people are. Imagine if I got 10 foods for every one -- I'd have six thousand of each food now, and we're only halfway through the first week of a two-week event.
1 2 3 4 5 6