Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne
1 2 ... 217 218 219 220 221 ... 451 452
There is hope!

Nocturne prices are dropping! (I finally just bought one after 250+ chests)

However, my friend who'd opened way more than me, over 300, found one. And in colors she liked.

...that's all i got.

If you don't want to grind, some users are selling chests. Fairly decent prices.

Other than that, it's day two! Let's not give up.
There is hope!

Nocturne prices are dropping! (I finally just bought one after 250+ chests)

However, my friend who'd opened way more than me, over 300, found one. And in colors she liked.

...that's all i got.

If you don't want to grind, some users are selling chests. Fairly decent prices.

Other than that, it's day two! Let's not give up.
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!! I found one of the eggs!!!!!!! I have a nocturne dragon in my clan!!!!! I'm glad they gave us an x-tra 10 points for gathering items!!!!!!!!!
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!! I found one of the eggs!!!!!!! I have a nocturne dragon in my clan!!!!! I'm glad they gave us an x-tra 10 points for gathering items!!!!!!!!!
I've opened over 150 in the last day and gotten one elemental bear. The rest were junk and food.
I've opened over 150 in the last day and gotten one elemental bear. The rest were junk and food.
[quote name="noth" date="2014-12-22 04:20:59"]Not getting chests when battling Mimics three times in a row is just unnecessary misery. It's already hard enough without guaranteed chest drops from Mimics.[/quote] ^^^ this i fought a bunch of mimics in a row and got absolutely nothing, not even the powder. i know these types of events aren't supposed to cater to everyone's individual schedules, and that the nocturne drops are supposed to be rare, but fighting 20 mimics and not even getting the powder consolation prize??? c'mon
noth wrote on 2014-12-22 04:20:59:
Not getting chests when battling Mimics three times in a row is just unnecessary misery.

It's already hard enough without guaranteed chest drops from Mimics.

^^^ this

i fought a bunch of mimics in a row and got absolutely nothing, not even the powder. i know these types of events aren't supposed to cater to everyone's individual schedules, and that the nocturne drops are supposed to be rare, but fighting 20 mimics and not even getting the powder consolation prize??? c'mon
The drop rate seems pretty reasonable. Just with the chests acquired from digging, about 100 by day 2, I've landed one egg, two pets, and a preposterous amount of fish and chameleons. Seems like so long as you log in once a day or so throughout the event, you'll be swimming in eggs and fish.
I've been following this forum since about page 70. People have been opening hundreds of chests and getting next to nothing. Sure the drop rate from the chests is pretty lame, but don't lose hope. The fact that people are opening hundreds of chests should be encouraging. Those hundreds are primarily from digging, not grinding in the coliseum. Even if the drop rate for eggs is around 0.5%, if you log in often, you should be able to expect a few new additions to your clan without dropping a couple million treasure on it at the AH.

Good luck everyone and don't let the RNG get you down!
The drop rate seems pretty reasonable. Just with the chests acquired from digging, about 100 by day 2, I've landed one egg, two pets, and a preposterous amount of fish and chameleons. Seems like so long as you log in once a day or so throughout the event, you'll be swimming in eggs and fish.
I've been following this forum since about page 70. People have been opening hundreds of chests and getting next to nothing. Sure the drop rate from the chests is pretty lame, but don't lose hope. The fact that people are opening hundreds of chests should be encouraging. Those hundreds are primarily from digging, not grinding in the coliseum. Even if the drop rate for eggs is around 0.5%, if you log in often, you should be able to expect a few new additions to your clan without dropping a couple million treasure on it at the AH.

Good luck everyone and don't let the RNG get you down!
[quote name="noth" date="2014-12-22 04:20:59"]The Mimics themselves are difficult to come by, even though they do somehow seem more frequent today than yesterday. Now, 2 times out of 5 there's no chest drop.[/quote] @noth, what coli venue are you grinding? I read somewhere that the chest drop rate (from mimics) increases if venue is higher. I tried waterway, arena and kelp beds yesterday, and it seems to be true: in Kelp every mimic dropped a chest every time, in arena and waterway not so much. Moreover, there were more mimic encounters in kelp beds, too - every 2-3 battles, sometimes several in a row, and in arena... 1 in 5, maybe even less. I stayed in both venues for an hour or even more, so it wasn't some random fluke.
noth wrote on 2014-12-22 04:20:59:
The Mimics themselves are difficult to come by, even though they do somehow seem more frequent today than yesterday. Now, 2 times out of 5 there's no chest drop.
@noth, what coli venue are you grinding? I read somewhere that the chest drop rate (from mimics) increases if venue is higher. I tried waterway, arena and kelp beds yesterday, and it seems to be true: in Kelp every mimic dropped a chest every time, in arena and waterway not so much. Moreover, there were more mimic encounters in kelp beds, too - every 2-3 battles, sometimes several in a row, and in arena... 1 in 5, maybe even less. I stayed in both venues for an hour or even more, so it wasn't some random fluke.
That is also if the site doesn't crash over 4k people again....like it has been. I couldn't play at all yesterday so i just went to bed.
That is also if the site doesn't crash over 4k people again....like it has been. I couldn't play at all yesterday so i just went to bed.
I don't know where people are getting 200+ chests from, I've gotten only 15 (dropped nothing but food and 1 trinket) and 6+ hours grinding the coli and not encountered one mimic. Kinda disheartening.
I don't know where people are getting 200+ chests from, I've gotten only 15 (dropped nothing but food and 1 trinket) and 6+ hours grinding the coli and not encountered one mimic. Kinda disheartening.
Grind in Arena and Scorched Forest. That is where I'm finding a ton of them.
I'm just trying Kelp now, or trying to. Coli has become non playable lag.
Grind in Arena and Scorched Forest. That is where I'm finding a ton of them.
I'm just trying Kelp now, or trying to. Coli has become non playable lag.
@noth

If they made the mimic drop rate 100%, then there'd be no bonus for grinding in higher level areas. If you want a 100% drop rate, try the Kelp Beds.
@noth

If they made the mimic drop rate 100%, then there'd be no bonus for grinding in higher level areas. If you want a 100% drop rate, try the Kelp Beds.
ping PARLAH not pariah.
Yeah, I did not know about pinging before I made my 'clever' username.
1 2 ... 217 218 219 220 221 ... 451 452