Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | BJDs and other dollies
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 421 422
So my collection is kind of ridiculous XD. This should be most of them though. Sorry for using the abbreviations for the company names. I'm just copying and pasting-_- If any of you want to see pictures of specific doll let me know and I'll take some. I have a bunch of random photos on my photo bucket here: http://s738.photobucket.com/user/Manderskoinu/library/?sort=3&page=1

Dolls:
Volks Sakura, DIM Belitia, WI Evangeline Ghastly, BBD Waltz, AR Nell, LS Wolfram head(blue) on B&G body(white, dyed blue), KDF Bory, RS Me, Pipos Dream Demon LE, DZ Shoyo(boy), DIM Soof1 head on Fantasy Doll body, DZ Dragon Girl, RS Song, Soom Tuff with wing ears, KDF Maska (elf), BBB elfkin (green), WI Amelia, ** Shiwoo head, Kimberly Lasher Lilly, Hujoo Suve, ID Ada, Luts/CP Sleeping El head, ** Soo head, Wilde Imaginations Resin Ellowyne, Dollzone Mo3(tan), Hujoo Freya(white), Doll Family-H RongXuan(head), Doll Family-H ZhaoYu, Dollzone Moon, Dollzone Demi(boy), Impldoll Gretta + Soom wing arms, Angell-Studio MoMo(boy), LUTS JDF Terra, LoongSoul White Tiger(girl), LoongSoul Lion Elsa, Soom Aloa Centaur, Angell-Studio Leira, Akagi Doll Hugues, Hujoo Nano Freya, KDF Yul Human (Girl with Elf head and horns), KDF Winter 2013 Event Head, Doll Zone Coral, Loongsoul Centaur Billy, Luts SDF Bory, Doll Zone Wendy, Doll Zone Mika, BBD Sliver
And I'm waiting for:
Doll Family H LingYu, Doll Family-A Kai(cat), and HDF Waffle Fox
So my collection is kind of ridiculous XD. This should be most of them though. Sorry for using the abbreviations for the company names. I'm just copying and pasting-_- If any of you want to see pictures of specific doll let me know and I'll take some. I have a bunch of random photos on my photo bucket here: http://s738.photobucket.com/user/Manderskoinu/library/?sort=3&page=1

Dolls:
Volks Sakura, DIM Belitia, WI Evangeline Ghastly, BBD Waltz, AR Nell, LS Wolfram head(blue) on B&G body(white, dyed blue), KDF Bory, RS Me, Pipos Dream Demon LE, DZ Shoyo(boy), DIM Soof1 head on Fantasy Doll body, DZ Dragon Girl, RS Song, Soom Tuff with wing ears, KDF Maska (elf), BBB elfkin (green), WI Amelia, ** Shiwoo head, Kimberly Lasher Lilly, Hujoo Suve, ID Ada, Luts/CP Sleeping El head, ** Soo head, Wilde Imaginations Resin Ellowyne, Dollzone Mo3(tan), Hujoo Freya(white), Doll Family-H RongXuan(head), Doll Family-H ZhaoYu, Dollzone Moon, Dollzone Demi(boy), Impldoll Gretta + Soom wing arms, Angell-Studio MoMo(boy), LUTS JDF Terra, LoongSoul White Tiger(girl), LoongSoul Lion Elsa, Soom Aloa Centaur, Angell-Studio Leira, Akagi Doll Hugues, Hujoo Nano Freya, KDF Yul Human (Girl with Elf head and horns), KDF Winter 2013 Event Head, Doll Zone Coral, Loongsoul Centaur Billy, Luts SDF Bory, Doll Zone Wendy, Doll Zone Mika, BBD Sliver
And I'm waiting for:
Doll Family H LingYu, Doll Family-A Kai(cat), and HDF Waffle Fox
@Falconair

ty so much!
yeah, they're totes cutie. :D
@Falconair

ty so much!
yeah, they're totes cutie. :D
tumblr-ngc4ax4-Hf-X1s35i1to1-500.gif
moon.pngArisa|She/They/Fleur/Lune/Fae|'97sakura.png
imageedit-1-9474809811.png
@RedOctoberRose @Falconair

Thanks for the tidbits! ^^ I'm waiting for them to confirm my account so I can start getting to learn more and hopefully eventually get access to the Marketplace to start my hunt for my grail there. I'd love to have her as a full set, but I wouldn't mind it if she came w/o them either-- I'd just really like to own her! *TT*

And I'll work on asking questions more for when I do reach that point. However, paypal is one of my main issues. The person who buys my dolls when their online doesn't use paypal much. :/ Idk why, they just tell me to avoid it. This is gonna make things fun, isn't it?

I've also looked into pullips before. If it counts as a pullip, I got a little Dal and at first I got really excited because I got this one:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/AUTOIMAGES/JPLD507lg.jpg

But then I lost interest in her... Now it might be because of her size (4 inches), or her articulation. Probably the latter, because I really like my nagisa figma (Or maybe Nagisa is better liked because I waited 6 months for her and I'm not used to waiting that long for something to come in the mail) and she has more posing possibilities.

Oh, also, here are pics of my collection. vwv Not the whole thing though bc some of my dolls don't have their stock outfits on. Or any. because I got them from online auctions.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/ccb4a34503786f634ef3d587f5c8ae6b/tumblr_nge5b420Yf1tj1jjto1_1280.jpg
https://38.media.tumblr.com/67eb69bbbb05be4aa0ff8f1b54c83775/tumblr_nge5b420Yf1tj1jjto2_1280.jpg

Bonus of my figma in my halloween loot candy!
http://media.tumblr.com/0a6e78c96ead39c1ead2394c9a258759/tumblr_inline_nec857VKDM1skgs7i.jpg
@RedOctoberRose @Falconair

Thanks for the tidbits! ^^ I'm waiting for them to confirm my account so I can start getting to learn more and hopefully eventually get access to the Marketplace to start my hunt for my grail there. I'd love to have her as a full set, but I wouldn't mind it if she came w/o them either-- I'd just really like to own her! *TT*

And I'll work on asking questions more for when I do reach that point. However, paypal is one of my main issues. The person who buys my dolls when their online doesn't use paypal much. :/ Idk why, they just tell me to avoid it. This is gonna make things fun, isn't it?

I've also looked into pullips before. If it counts as a pullip, I got a little Dal and at first I got really excited because I got this one:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/AUTOIMAGES/JPLD507lg.jpg

But then I lost interest in her... Now it might be because of her size (4 inches), or her articulation. Probably the latter, because I really like my nagisa figma (Or maybe Nagisa is better liked because I waited 6 months for her and I'm not used to waiting that long for something to come in the mail) and she has more posing possibilities.

Oh, also, here are pics of my collection. vwv Not the whole thing though bc some of my dolls don't have their stock outfits on. Or any. because I got them from online auctions.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/ccb4a34503786f634ef3d587f5c8ae6b/tumblr_nge5b420Yf1tj1jjto1_1280.jpg
https://38.media.tumblr.com/67eb69bbbb05be4aa0ff8f1b54c83775/tumblr_nge5b420Yf1tj1jjto2_1280.jpg

Bonus of my figma in my halloween loot candy!
http://media.tumblr.com/0a6e78c96ead39c1ead2394c9a258759/tumblr_inline_nec857VKDM1skgs7i.jpg
signature.jpg has stopped responding. Please refresh the page to view the file.
@frootcandytho what a cute figma!

I have 2 figmas( Eren and Levi from Attack on Titan) but they're still in their boxes. I'm a bit intimidated by all the tiny parts-_- I also have 6 Nendoroids. They're kind of my new favorite thing. So cute and I love their posing!
@frootcandytho what a cute figma!

I have 2 figmas( Eren and Levi from Attack on Titan) but they're still in their boxes. I'm a bit intimidated by all the tiny parts-_- I also have 6 Nendoroids. They're kind of my new favorite thing. So cute and I love their posing!
@Manderspuppy

Thank you! ^^ I haven't watched AoT but I've heard of the characters. I was debating on keeping her in or out but I decided to pull her out anyway. And if it helps with your intimidation, they have small bags inside for you to keep the parts in, if it's about losing the parts.

I've wanted a Nendoroid, but I'll wait a bit on that because like I said before I'm saving up for bjds. >6> Their most certainly cute though, that's for sure. And it's fun to pose mine when I get the chance. I mostly pose her with the face I showed because She's rlly cute with it even though everyone else is creeped out by it. xD
@Manderspuppy

Thank you! ^^ I haven't watched AoT but I've heard of the characters. I was debating on keeping her in or out but I decided to pull her out anyway. And if it helps with your intimidation, they have small bags inside for you to keep the parts in, if it's about losing the parts.

I've wanted a Nendoroid, but I'll wait a bit on that because like I said before I'm saving up for bjds. >6> Their most certainly cute though, that's for sure. And it's fun to pose mine when I get the chance. I mostly pose her with the face I showed because She's rlly cute with it even though everyone else is creeped out by it. xD
@frootcandytho

Paypal is a really good thing to use, and sometimes the only option, for online ordering. I imagine, depending on the seller, you could talk to them about other options. From my experiences with some companies, if you're not using US currency, the best way to do it is via Paypal. But if you're sticking to US sellers, you might be fine. ^.^

Dals are part of the Pullip line! I don't know if they fit any obitsus - I only have my two Taeyang boys. I'm iffy on some of the smaller dolls, both because I'm not a fan of the proportions and the poseability, so I can understand losing some interest there.

I do wish you luck on the hunt for your grail!
@frootcandytho

Paypal is a really good thing to use, and sometimes the only option, for online ordering. I imagine, depending on the seller, you could talk to them about other options. From my experiences with some companies, if you're not using US currency, the best way to do it is via Paypal. But if you're sticking to US sellers, you might be fine. ^.^

Dals are part of the Pullip line! I don't know if they fit any obitsus - I only have my two Taeyang boys. I'm iffy on some of the smaller dolls, both because I'm not a fan of the proportions and the poseability, so I can understand losing some interest there.

I do wish you luck on the hunt for your grail!
zyvrj7C.pngguoba.pngpYAz4OB.png Magma.png k7HrJTA.png
@Falconair

True, and now that I think on it I think paypal might also be the reason they want me to only do US sellers... Aside from it being slightly more difficult to return something if it isn't what I thought it'd be.

And yeah, I'm noticing I'm leaning more towards the SD range than YOSD (If I used those terms wrong, feel free to correct me). Like, all of the ones I want are 60cm+ basically. I've never had anything bigger than AG. x0

And thanks for the luck wish! Hopefully I can scrap up enough savings by the time I get mp to be ready incase she hits the second-hand marker from a trusted seller for a reasonable price.

Oh! Also! It's been confirmed I'm getting my first bjd the day after Christmas! C: The person who buys my online stuff for me said they'll make an exception and order it from out-of-country and if all goes well, I get the other for my birthday (three months later xD)!
@Falconair

True, and now that I think on it I think paypal might also be the reason they want me to only do US sellers... Aside from it being slightly more difficult to return something if it isn't what I thought it'd be.

And yeah, I'm noticing I'm leaning more towards the SD range than YOSD (If I used those terms wrong, feel free to correct me). Like, all of the ones I want are 60cm+ basically. I've never had anything bigger than AG. x0

And thanks for the luck wish! Hopefully I can scrap up enough savings by the time I get mp to be ready incase she hits the second-hand marker from a trusted seller for a reasonable price.

Oh! Also! It's been confirmed I'm getting my first bjd the day after Christmas! C: The person who buys my online stuff for me said they'll make an exception and order it from out-of-country and if all goes well, I get the other for my birthday (three months later xD)!
@frootcandytho
I've never had to return a doll, but I can definitely understand the hesitation there. (*knock on wood *) Depending on the company, you can also hit a language barrier sometimes. Most times, though, especially if you know ahead of time from forums or other buyers, the people in the companies are really nice even if they aren't 100% what you're asking. XD

I've got two 70cm boys and the there's two in the 60-65cm range. Definitely love me the bigger dolls, too. XD

I ended up getting my grail doll from DoA. I stalked the forums and found him on auction. The seller was super nice, too, and remembered me years later when she moved and found more of his stuff. I don't know if all the DoA sellers are like that, but you can find some great ones!

Ohh, dollie ordering is exciting! Congratulations!

Is your person ordering straight from a dealer? Sometimes you do have to wait months and months for your doll to be cast if it isn't pre-made (many companies cast-to-order, so the wait time can be excruciatingly long). It's worth it, though! Something to keep in mind if you want one for your birthday.
@frootcandytho
I've never had to return a doll, but I can definitely understand the hesitation there. (*knock on wood *) Depending on the company, you can also hit a language barrier sometimes. Most times, though, especially if you know ahead of time from forums or other buyers, the people in the companies are really nice even if they aren't 100% what you're asking. XD

I've got two 70cm boys and the there's two in the 60-65cm range. Definitely love me the bigger dolls, too. XD

I ended up getting my grail doll from DoA. I stalked the forums and found him on auction. The seller was super nice, too, and remembered me years later when she moved and found more of his stuff. I don't know if all the DoA sellers are like that, but you can find some great ones!

Ohh, dollie ordering is exciting! Congratulations!

Is your person ordering straight from a dealer? Sometimes you do have to wait months and months for your doll to be cast if it isn't pre-made (many companies cast-to-order, so the wait time can be excruciatingly long). It's worth it, though! Something to keep in mind if you want one for your birthday.
@Falconair

Yeah, but I try to make sure the site has an english option so I can see if they have any english speakers. That, and I freak out for a minute if I see a site in Japanese or something, but I'm slowly getting over it.

That sounds like something I'd do! xD But it's great to have a nice seller, even though I think I have yet to run into a rude one. The reason I keep thinking it's going to be expensive is because it's DD Miku who's my grail and from the prices I've seen... o0o But either way the price went, I wouldn't really care if she came with her stock outfit, all I'd need is her with a faceup and the basics (i.e. box, CoA) and I'd be perfectly content.

And yep, their ordering directly from the company (Mirodoll)! I don't think I'm up to the second-hand marketplace bat yet because of all the recast accusations and recasts that are floating around, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure out if they seller is being honest or breaking DoA's rules by the time my account has that function.

I also understand the wait part, like I gotta wait for them to make it, send it over to customs, then wait for customs to send it over to me... But I'm sure it'll be worth it! I've been looking at bjds for months (Mostly pictures, but I've done my research on the side).

But I don't think the company is as big as Volks, so I think the wait time is shorter...Then again, it's the holidays, so I could be wrong.
@Falconair

Yeah, but I try to make sure the site has an english option so I can see if they have any english speakers. That, and I freak out for a minute if I see a site in Japanese or something, but I'm slowly getting over it.

That sounds like something I'd do! xD But it's great to have a nice seller, even though I think I have yet to run into a rude one. The reason I keep thinking it's going to be expensive is because it's DD Miku who's my grail and from the prices I've seen... o0o But either way the price went, I wouldn't really care if she came with her stock outfit, all I'd need is her with a faceup and the basics (i.e. box, CoA) and I'd be perfectly content.

And yep, their ordering directly from the company (Mirodoll)! I don't think I'm up to the second-hand marketplace bat yet because of all the recast accusations and recasts that are floating around, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure out if they seller is being honest or breaking DoA's rules by the time my account has that function.

I also understand the wait part, like I gotta wait for them to make it, send it over to customs, then wait for customs to send it over to me... But I'm sure it'll be worth it! I've been looking at bjds for months (Mostly pictures, but I've done my research on the side).

But I don't think the company is as big as Volks, so I think the wait time is shorter...Then again, it's the holidays, so I could be wrong.
@frootcandytho

Oh, I've used the online English side ordering before and then still talked to someone via email in some interesting Engrish. It worked out fine, though. XD

Grail searching can be stressful at times, but do keep at it. Having some ideas what the last one in roughly the same state sold for is also really good to know. It's great you've already started doing that. I don't know DD Miku's price off-hand, but I paid a lot for my Dollshe Hound, too. So worth it if it's a doll you really want, though!

I haven't heard of Mirodoll, either, but they have some really neat ear designs on some of their dolls. If you're curious about wait time, if you're already signed up for DoA, you can check and see if there's a Mirodoll waiting thread. That'll give you an idea of how long people are waiting to get them.

Companies are really hit or miss on ship times from what I've seen. My full-set Zuzu Delf shipped quicker than the doll I ordered before him, and got home first. But when I ordered another full-set from the same company, it took more than 6 months. If there was any sort of Christmas ordering event, that'll slow things down just because you have more people ordering. Some of the smaller companies, and some of the larger ones, are super quick at shipping though. ^.^
@frootcandytho

Oh, I've used the online English side ordering before and then still talked to someone via email in some interesting Engrish. It worked out fine, though. XD

Grail searching can be stressful at times, but do keep at it. Having some ideas what the last one in roughly the same state sold for is also really good to know. It's great you've already started doing that. I don't know DD Miku's price off-hand, but I paid a lot for my Dollshe Hound, too. So worth it if it's a doll you really want, though!

I haven't heard of Mirodoll, either, but they have some really neat ear designs on some of their dolls. If you're curious about wait time, if you're already signed up for DoA, you can check and see if there's a Mirodoll waiting thread. That'll give you an idea of how long people are waiting to get them.

Companies are really hit or miss on ship times from what I've seen. My full-set Zuzu Delf shipped quicker than the doll I ordered before him, and got home first. But when I ordered another full-set from the same company, it took more than 6 months. If there was any sort of Christmas ordering event, that'll slow things down just because you have more people ordering. Some of the smaller companies, and some of the larger ones, are super quick at shipping though. ^.^
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 421 422