Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | BJDs and other dollies
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 421 422
@RainbowShrimp
There are so many color choices, and they're really pretty. I ordered mine along with @IceMutt, and we both got different colors. We also both got the open heads, which I think was worth the extra bit. I'm no good at painting eyes. XD

What do you mean by resin pets? Do you have a pic somewhere? I know that there are some artists that make really cute ones - is that what you mean?

Also, just looked up Akhmel Dolls and some of those Tumblr pics are gorgeous! Very ethereal/sprite-like! Where did you order yours from, out of curiosity?
@RainbowShrimp
There are so many color choices, and they're really pretty. I ordered mine along with @IceMutt, and we both got different colors. We also both got the open heads, which I think was worth the extra bit. I'm no good at painting eyes. XD

What do you mean by resin pets? Do you have a pic somewhere? I know that there are some artists that make really cute ones - is that what you mean?

Also, just looked up Akhmel Dolls and some of those Tumblr pics are gorgeous! Very ethereal/sprite-like! Where did you order yours from, out of curiosity?
zyvrj7C.pngguoba.pngpYAz4OB.png Magma.png k7HrJTA.png
I've played with @Falconair and @Icemutt 's darkhorns. Because of them, @Lilac and I have plans to have like, twenty. I'm mostly exaggerating. Mostly. >_>,
I've played with @Falconair and @Icemutt 's darkhorns. Because of them, @Lilac and I have plans to have like, twenty. I'm mostly exaggerating. Mostly. >_>,
wpEE9mo.png
  • they/them/their
  • photographer
  • doll collector
  • orc
@Falconair
Yeah I think I'd get the open eyed version as well (I can't even put makeup on myself, let alone paint a dragon eye XD)

Well it's not BJDs are they are full animals so in the french community they are considered as "pets" (all of those are own are made by an artist named Tendres Chimeres): Big fishie, Gentleman fishie, unicorn fish, chocolate fish...
I don't have pics of the shrimp, but she's really cute (as far as a shrimp can be XD)

I love the work of Akhmel, all her dolls are really gracious and ethereal *_*
She has a flickr, here, when there's a preorder she posts the info here and you only have to send her an email to secure a slot. The next preorder will be her beefcake manly man Nathan I think XD
@Falconair
Yeah I think I'd get the open eyed version as well (I can't even put makeup on myself, let alone paint a dragon eye XD)

Well it's not BJDs are they are full animals so in the french community they are considered as "pets" (all of those are own are made by an artist named Tendres Chimeres): Big fishie, Gentleman fishie, unicorn fish, chocolate fish...
I don't have pics of the shrimp, but she's really cute (as far as a shrimp can be XD)

I love the work of Akhmel, all her dolls are really gracious and ethereal *_*
She has a flickr, here, when there's a preorder she posts the info here and you only have to send her an email to secure a slot. The next preorder will be her beefcake manly man Nathan I think XD
895059totog.gif455585hatcherysig.png
@RainbowShrimp
The little fish are cute! I can see how they would get addicting, too. XD

I may have to stalk her Flickr. They really are breathtaking. Thank you for sharing!
@RainbowShrimp
The little fish are cute! I can see how they would get addicting, too. XD

I may have to stalk her Flickr. They really are breathtaking. Thank you for sharing!
zyvrj7C.pngguoba.pngpYAz4OB.png Magma.png k7HrJTA.png
@Falconair
Yes... The artist makes them in all size and colors, it's hard not to try to get them all !

You are welcome ! She deserves to get her work known more ^^
@Falconair
Yes... The artist makes them in all size and colors, it's hard not to try to get them all !

You are welcome ! She deserves to get her work known more ^^
@RainbowShrimp
I've seen some of those Akhmel dolls around Tumblr before. I never knew who sculpted them or anything. They're amazing dolls!
@RainbowShrimp
I've seen some of those Akhmel dolls around Tumblr before. I never knew who sculpted them or anything. They're amazing dolls!
wpEE9mo.png
  • they/them/their
  • photographer
  • doll collector
  • orc
Hi~ It's nice to meet other doll people! Thanks for pinging me @trulyteru

Um... I've been collecting BJDs for about 10 or 11 years and dolls in general for pretty much my whole life. I have a lot. I'll try and do a run down of what I have later(Taking a small brake from Christmas decorating right now) I Have about 8 monster high dolls as well but I've kind of gotten away from collecting them. I really like their aesthetic though.
Hi~ It's nice to meet other doll people! Thanks for pinging me @trulyteru

Um... I've been collecting BJDs for about 10 or 11 years and dolls in general for pretty much my whole life. I have a lot. I'll try and do a run down of what I have later(Taking a small brake from Christmas decorating right now) I Have about 8 monster high dolls as well but I've kind of gotten away from collecting them. I really like their aesthetic though.
@trulyteru
Yes they are ! And I shall spam tumblr with my Aki dolls XD

@Manderspuppy
Wow that sounds like you have a gigantic doll collection ! I hope you'll have time to share with all the christmas frenzy ^^
@trulyteru
Yes they are ! And I shall spam tumblr with my Aki dolls XD

@Manderspuppy
Wow that sounds like you have a gigantic doll collection ! I hope you'll have time to share with all the christmas frenzy ^^
Hello! I'm afraid I may be the one who dragged my entire (used to be local, but we've all moved around since) doll group into this game. XD

Aaah, I've seen those fish floating around (badum-tish) Tumblr and the like, but hadn't been sure where they were coming from!

As @Falconair said, we both picked up Darkhorns that arrived to us early this year. You can see mine here ( link link link ). He currently hangs on top of my computer tower (on top of the desk) with my Pipos Charlotte. I'd have to debate if I was tempted enough to snag another eventually or not, he's very very flexible and can be fussy about posing.

I may have one of the smaller collections around for being in the hobby since '06? I have four SDs, one anthro-yo-SD, and the one Darkhorn. I'm debating one more anthro yo-SD at the moment. Like @Lilac said, size preference can be trial and error. I had a slim MSD for years before realizing I really liked SDs and the YoSDs more. I may snag an MSD eventually again as either a halfling like character or go for a more child MSD sculpt.

I actually don't think I have other dolls at all? There are a few Pullip that get my attention every now and then but I'm doing pretty well at staying out of getting over my head in no small part because I really don't have the room.

I'm typically Ice Mutt or IceMutt in a number of places (DoA, Tumblr, ect), except my skype which is under my business name, so PM me if you'd like that.
Hello! I'm afraid I may be the one who dragged my entire (used to be local, but we've all moved around since) doll group into this game. XD

Aaah, I've seen those fish floating around (badum-tish) Tumblr and the like, but hadn't been sure where they were coming from!

As @Falconair said, we both picked up Darkhorns that arrived to us early this year. You can see mine here ( link link link ). He currently hangs on top of my computer tower (on top of the desk) with my Pipos Charlotte. I'd have to debate if I was tempted enough to snag another eventually or not, he's very very flexible and can be fussy about posing.

I may have one of the smaller collections around for being in the hobby since '06? I have four SDs, one anthro-yo-SD, and the one Darkhorn. I'm debating one more anthro yo-SD at the moment. Like @Lilac said, size preference can be trial and error. I had a slim MSD for years before realizing I really liked SDs and the YoSDs more. I may snag an MSD eventually again as either a halfling like character or go for a more child MSD sculpt.

I actually don't think I have other dolls at all? There are a few Pullip that get my attention every now and then but I'm doing pretty well at staying out of getting over my head in no small part because I really don't have the room.

I'm typically Ice Mutt or IceMutt in a number of places (DoA, Tumblr, ect), except my skype which is under my business name, so PM me if you'd like that.
@RainbowShrimp @Lilac @trulyteru

Thanks for the input! ^^ I think I'll try to get a DD to see if I like them as much as I think I do. vv; It might be a while because I don't exactly have a firm way to get money yet, but I'll try. And I forgot to mention I got a Little Dal (the Aries one) a while back, but I don't like it as much bc I can't pose it much. >->

And I'll probably snap a few images of my collection later, if anyone wants to see it.

And @IceMutt , now that you mention it, I have another question. (Sorry if I'm pestering y'all with questions, I've done research but I'm still not 100% on a lot of things!) Is DoA worth looking into? I want to get in it, but when I tried during one of their previous open registration things I kinda wimped out and didn't get an account. :/
@RainbowShrimp @Lilac @trulyteru

Thanks for the input! ^^ I think I'll try to get a DD to see if I like them as much as I think I do. vv; It might be a while because I don't exactly have a firm way to get money yet, but I'll try. And I forgot to mention I got a Little Dal (the Aries one) a while back, but I don't like it as much bc I can't pose it much. >->

And I'll probably snap a few images of my collection later, if anyone wants to see it.

And @IceMutt , now that you mention it, I have another question. (Sorry if I'm pestering y'all with questions, I've done research but I'm still not 100% on a lot of things!) Is DoA worth looking into? I want to get in it, but when I tried during one of their previous open registration things I kinda wimped out and didn't get an account. :/
signature.jpg has stopped responding. Please refresh the page to view the file.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 421 422