Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Username Origins (and doubles)
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
@Razaera HI ALMOST-NAMETWIN man this is still so weird.

In my case, I started off my online life waaaay back in 2001 calling myself "Kaz", which is still the nick I really prefer. (I came up with it randomly at 11pm when I needed to register. Interesting how it stuck!) But this was on a pretty male-dominated forum and I absolutely hated being gendered male and got pretty sick of correcting people. So I went for "Kazara" to have an unambiguously feminine nick. I added the e about a year later because I thought it looked nicer with a bit more variation in the vowels, and Kazaera I've been ever since. It has the advantage that it's to my knowledge unique (although obviously not unique if you change a letter! ;)) so I don't have to worry about it being taken, as "Kaz" usually is.

...the irony is that I have since figured out I'm nonbinary so an unambiguously feminine nick is not actually ideal for me anymore. But I will still take being gendered female over male in a heartbeat, so it works...
@Razaera HI ALMOST-NAMETWIN man this is still so weird.

In my case, I started off my online life waaaay back in 2001 calling myself "Kaz", which is still the nick I really prefer. (I came up with it randomly at 11pm when I needed to register. Interesting how it stuck!) But this was on a pretty male-dominated forum and I absolutely hated being gendered male and got pretty sick of correcting people. So I went for "Kazara" to have an unambiguously feminine nick. I added the e about a year later because I thought it looked nicer with a bit more variation in the vowels, and Kazaera I've been ever since. It has the advantage that it's to my knowledge unique (although obviously not unique if you change a letter! ;)) so I don't have to worry about it being taken, as "Kaz" usually is.

...the irony is that I have since figured out I'm nonbinary so an unambiguously feminine nick is not actually ideal for me anymore. But I will still take being gendered female over male in a heartbeat, so it works...
9cjDdGL.png
My username is the name of a dragon OC of mine, whose full name is Elai Morinstal (thus the name of my FR Tumblr n_n).

As far as I know, no one else here really has a name similar to mine.
My username is the name of a dragon OC of mine, whose full name is Elai Morinstal (thus the name of my FR Tumblr n_n).

As far as I know, no one else here really has a name similar to mine.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
Someone else already has Masquerade, because that's what I tried to nab when I signed up. I added Cap'n to the beginning of it since the other game I used to play quite a bit was Puzzle Pirates and I adored the cartoony piratey culture there.

Masquerade (and variations on it) has been my online moniker in various corners of the internet for years. It's from a first generation My Little Pony - a yellow twinkle-eyed pegasus with green hair and masks all over her butt. She's my absolute favorite pony throughout the history of the toy line, so I've used her name for a long while.
Someone else already has Masquerade, because that's what I tried to nab when I signed up. I added Cap'n to the beginning of it since the other game I used to play quite a bit was Puzzle Pirates and I adored the cartoony piratey culture there.

Masquerade (and variations on it) has been my online moniker in various corners of the internet for years. It's from a first generation My Little Pony - a yellow twinkle-eyed pegasus with green hair and masks all over her butt. She's my absolute favorite pony throughout the history of the toy line, so I've used her name for a long while.
The "Cecila" is from one of my first ever OCs, who, as first OCs often are, was a blatant self insert. She was a water bender raised by cats. No. I am not joking. I was like nine.

The strange spelling is because I really did just not know how to spell "Cecilia" back then, and after my friends kept trying to correct me, stubbornly refused to change it. And that refusal kept on for over ten years. I like it better this way. The Werecat bit is because I still rather like cats, and because you hear about werewolves too much. I think it's quite the nice title.

As for duplicates, well, no one else spells it the way I do! I just miss a lot of pings at times because people put in the extra i, and there is no CeciliaTheWerecat. If there was, I'm sure they'd be quite annoyed, heehee.

Though I did just remember that there is a Redwerecat out there! I had to friend them on the spot because fellow werecat heck yeah
The "Cecila" is from one of my first ever OCs, who, as first OCs often are, was a blatant self insert. She was a water bender raised by cats. No. I am not joking. I was like nine.

The strange spelling is because I really did just not know how to spell "Cecilia" back then, and after my friends kept trying to correct me, stubbornly refused to change it. And that refusal kept on for over ten years. I like it better this way. The Werecat bit is because I still rather like cats, and because you hear about werewolves too much. I think it's quite the nice title.

As for duplicates, well, no one else spells it the way I do! I just miss a lot of pings at times because people put in the extra i, and there is no CeciliaTheWerecat. If there was, I'm sure they'd be quite annoyed, heehee.

Though I did just remember that there is a Redwerecat out there! I had to friend them on the spot because fellow werecat heck yeah
textforsignature_zpsemma4mhw.pngwaterflightgif_zpsl8vxoret.gif
Because I wanted to become someone's Carpet :3! Fluffy!
Because I wanted to become someone's Carpet :3! Fluffy!
BNNhhuo.jpg
Umm...it's a leftover from neopets. Maraquan Chomby + rearranging letters = Charaquan.

*slinks away to hide in corner, embarrassed*
Umm...it's a leftover from neopets. Maraquan Chomby + rearranging letters = Charaquan.

*slinks away to hide in corner, embarrassed*
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
It's a nickname from Gaia that stuck and has kind of become 'who I am' on the internets
(Gaia being UnderworldTorrent)
It's a nickname from Gaia that stuck and has kind of become 'who I am' on the internets
(Gaia being UnderworldTorrent)
jIRALXN.png
"Yuck people are majestic." - yellowdragon18
FR+3
Misremembered quote from a psychology textbook.
Misremembered quote from a psychology textbook.
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
My in real life nickname. :) Most call me Peach but that username was taken so I went with Peachie. Either one is fine to be honest.
My in real life nickname. :) Most call me Peach but that username was taken so I went with Peachie. Either one is fine to be honest.
Lucky Thirteen
Unlucky Thirteen
Unlucky Th13teen
Th13teen

Not even particularly fond of this UN anymore, but it's almost never taken, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.
Lucky Thirteen
Unlucky Thirteen
Unlucky Th13teen
Th13teen

Not even particularly fond of this UN anymore, but it's almost never taken, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.
tumblr_ndzarciQjc1si697do1_500.png
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23