Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Spines Gene
My black snappers with pink terts are going to *love* Spines -- all the other terts are just too overwhelming on them.
My black snappers with pink terts are going to *love* Spines -- all the other terts are just too overwhelming on them.
I like the new Spines gene!

I'm inspired to breed in a sandy colour direction and raise some cute bearded dragon-inspired hatchlings. The spines will be just perfect to finish the look.
I like the new Spines gene!

I'm inspired to breed in a sandy colour direction and raise some cute bearded dragon-inspired hatchlings. The spines will be just perfect to finish the look.
Quote:
if people want differentials in breed anatomy, give them mutations, i dont think this type of tert is the way to go, imo.

It technically is a mutation, if we're looking at this in a scientific light. All genes (besides Gembond, which is a heritable disease iirc) are a mutation if "basic" is what was most common initially, and spines are the first mutation in this case that extends past mere physical patterning.
Both patterning and physical modification (e.g. Spines) genes are mutations.

... I do agree that maybe spines should be a bit more noticable, but again, I /really/ like them. They're just subtle enough to be usable while being pleasant. Not every gene has to be blatantly obvious to the eye.
Quote:
if people want differentials in breed anatomy, give them mutations, i dont think this type of tert is the way to go, imo.

It technically is a mutation, if we're looking at this in a scientific light. All genes (besides Gembond, which is a heritable disease iirc) are a mutation if "basic" is what was most common initially, and spines are the first mutation in this case that extends past mere physical patterning.
Both patterning and physical modification (e.g. Spines) genes are mutations.

... I do agree that maybe spines should be a bit more noticable, but again, I /really/ like them. They're just subtle enough to be usable while being pleasant. Not every gene has to be blatantly obvious to the eye.
4Gh3xRo.png
MUYNhfy.png
sD0LDRK.png
bYt72YT.png

PRICTGJ.png
plague_1.png - wishlist
- ye olde coli grinding shoppe
Uh, did we just forget skins and accents? This gene is going to look extremely odd in those cases, are we expected to just avoid it or something? And I'm certain there was something about the artists not wanting to change the 'unique silhouettes' of the breeds a while ago (which is an issue I also raised with the feathered apparel).
Uh, did we just forget skins and accents? This gene is going to look extremely odd in those cases, are we expected to just avoid it or something? And I'm certain there was something about the artists not wanting to change the 'unique silhouettes' of the breeds a while ago (which is an issue I also raised with the feathered apparel).
2WbApPz.png
has Brain Slime and sucks at being active
I thought I would hate this gene, honestly. My reaction when I saw it was ***

But then I used the scrying workshop to try it on a few dragons and I LOVE IT

A++ for subtlety - it's awesome for my dragons with weird terts that I still want to gene up. And it looks bad-***!

(Could be a bit more obvious on male tundras, but that's really my only complaint)

Thanks for the surprise, art team! :)
I thought I would hate this gene, honestly. My reaction when I saw it was ***

But then I used the scrying workshop to try it on a few dragons and I LOVE IT

A++ for subtlety - it's awesome for my dragons with weird terts that I still want to gene up. And it looks bad-***!

(Could be a bit more obvious on male tundras, but that's really my only complaint)

Thanks for the surprise, art team! :)
windleft_zpsojegxxo1.pngtumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
Yoo, these are beautiful
Yoo, these are beautiful
hb3ndoq9.gif
ppspsssstttt

edit spine tert so colors my dragons claws too
ppspsssstttt

edit spine tert so colors my dragons claws too
Ooh, neat! It's nice to have a more subtle tertiary to choose from. I like it on ridgebacks, makes them even spikier than they usually are.
Ooh, neat! It's nice to have a more subtle tertiary to choose from. I like it on ridgebacks, makes them even spikier than they usually are.
Dem spines....
Dem spines....
2heep8h.jpg
It seems to be impossible to buy the new gene in the Marketplace. I've been trying the whole day with no success. :( And I don't want to buy it in the AH for 600.000 treasure...
It seems to be impossible to buy the new gene in the Marketplace. I've been trying the whole day with no success. :( And I don't want to buy it in the AH for 600.000 treasure...