Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Spines Gene
I like almost every gene that's come out so far, but .. spines seem so underwhelming. You can't even see it with some color combinations, and some breeds they get lost in the feathers and fur. Weh.
I like almost every gene that's come out so far, but .. spines seem so underwhelming. You can't even see it with some color combinations, and some breeds they get lost in the feathers and fur. Weh.
[quote name="Nekron" date="2014-11-11 01:59:51"]As someone who only has Ridgebacks, it would have been incredibly awesome if, instead of adding redundant spines, the gene colored the very prominent spikes which are already there. These kind of have to be really brightly colored to be noticeable at all.[/quote] Wow, this - for all breeds that have spikes along the spinal ridge already (Ridgies being the most obvious). Also, did the "triple stocking for the first week" thing glitch with Spines, or is the demand actually that high? I'm... kind of surprised if it's the latter, tbh.
Nekron wrote on 2014-11-11 01:59:51:
As someone who only has Ridgebacks, it would have been incredibly awesome if, instead of adding redundant spines, the gene colored the very prominent spikes which are already there. These kind of have to be really brightly colored to be noticeable at all.

Wow, this - for all breeds that have spikes along the spinal ridge already (Ridgies being the most obvious).

Also, did the "triple stocking for the first week" thing glitch with Spines, or is the demand actually that high? I'm... kind of surprised if it's the latter, tbh.
FR_Banners_Lightning_4.png
Cool,
Would be better if it was actually possible to get though p:
Cool,
Would be better if it was actually possible to get though p:
kRowtd7.gif
I really like the new gene. I wish the spines were a bit bigger, though. On fae especially, the spines are very hard to notice. I really like how it alters the silhouette though, and it's great for tertiary colors that don't match very well.
I really like the new gene. I wish the spines were a bit bigger, though. On fae especially, the spines are very hard to notice. I really like how it alters the silhouette though, and it's great for tertiary colors that don't match very well.

HzxzT7E.png KUcJc1f.png T7oZG2V.png 7NPoCKT.png 9x8LL2o.png 6BflSJ5.png UufrmFo.png Ok4d76e.png 6agDyZh.png dbA9WLD.png 0B6Swia.png IdvUWWa.png
Spines is very... Underwhelming to say the least. Reminds me more of something that should've been an apparel item rather than a gene. But who am I to say? :P

Also. Those goats. :D
Spines is very... Underwhelming to say the least. Reminds me more of something that should've been an apparel item rather than a gene. But who am I to say? :P

Also. Those goats. :D
alWiqh6.png
I think a nice light crystal wing would be better...

this one, can't see on many of the breeds..
kind of very subtle..
I think a nice light crystal wing would be better...

this one, can't see on many of the breeds..
kind of very subtle..
Sing with all the voices of the Mountain... ..
light_banner.png Light Sprite Sunbeam Ursa Sunbeam Soldier Shining Goblin light_banner.png
Paint with all the Colors of the Rainbow...
I think like the subtlety of the Spine gene, as it does make clashing tertiary colors more pleasing to show off, especially on the busier patterns of Treasure Marketplace genes. And they look rather cute as well!

However, there is the issue of skins and accents not being able to cover up the spines, since we can't color or draw over a dragon's silhouette, so that is a problem...
I think like the subtlety of the Spine gene, as it does make clashing tertiary colors more pleasing to show off, especially on the busier patterns of Treasure Marketplace genes. And they look rather cute as well!

However, there is the issue of skins and accents not being able to cover up the spines, since we can't color or draw over a dragon's silhouette, so that is a problem...
MUYNhfy.png
mTAp2ld.png
u6ZPWxO.png
zzLpW3R.png
gUe2de3.png
FR Artist
Tumblr
f3JUYSL.png
So COOL
So COOL
VGlYaSx.png
Spines look kind of poor if I'm brutally honest. On some breeds it looks like they've been copy + pasted in MS paint, and I can't find a breed I like them on. I wouldn't care if this was a 50k cheap 'fun' gene, but at the price it is...
Spines look kind of poor if I'm brutally honest. On some breeds it looks like they've been copy + pasted in MS paint, and I can't find a breed I like them on. I wouldn't care if this was a 50k cheap 'fun' gene, but at the price it is...
gQvAL6D.gif
Too expensive, and the FR staff should care that their site is running properly instead of stuffing unnecessary stuff into the marketplace.

Just would have liked to be able to click ANYTHING today without the site dying, running out, and whatnot.
But the mods on here can't be bothered to look after that stuff.
Too expensive, and the FR staff should care that their site is running properly instead of stuffing unnecessary stuff into the marketplace.

Just would have liked to be able to click ANYTHING today without the site dying, running out, and whatnot.
But the mods on here can't be bothered to look after that stuff.
Dubra.gif2RCvW.gifchl6j.gifs5BmR.gifGHL2o.gifpYlbr.gif0F7Sr.gif