Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Naming Schemes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
imps > asian names

guardians > Merlin series / King Arthur

..will have more once i get my hands on the other breeds
imps > asian names

guardians > Merlin series / King Arthur

..will have more once i get my hands on the other breeds
fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif
Well, I'm in the Plague flight, so I thought "What better than names of diseases and the likes?"

So there ya go. =P
Well, I'm in the Plague flight, so I thought "What better than names of diseases and the likes?"

So there ya go. =P
NHzYzMb.png
I'm using names of Dragons/Drakes from the Shin Megami Tensei series, and maybe I'll branch out to Femmes/Ladies.

Which by extension means I'm just using various mythologies, ahaha.
I'm using names of Dragons/Drakes from the Shin Megami Tensei series, and maybe I'll branch out to Femmes/Ladies.

Which by extension means I'm just using various mythologies, ahaha.
iZL3f1a.png
So far, aside from the ones that were named when I got them, I'm pressing the random button until I get a word (not an invented name or a combination of words, a single English word) that sounds good to me.
So far, aside from the ones that were named when I got them, I'm pressing the random button until I get a word (not an invented name or a combination of words, a single English word) that sounds good to me.
01nVszz.png
XmHV7tO.png
I was originally going to name all my guardians verbs having to do with strength but I broke that trend on the second one.
I was originally going to name all my guardians verbs having to do with strength but I broke that trend on the second one.
tgTY.png
Though I didn't start out that way, I'm beginning to use different brands of beer. Because why not.
Though I didn't start out that way, I'm beginning to use different brands of beer. Because why not.
It depends.

Some of mine were already named, but Najaskhiss and Xanthashiik are from a draconic language I made up and (essentially) mean "Violet Snake" and "Sharp Beast", respectively.

Also, the word "xantha" reminds me of a bantha (from Star Wars), and, as Xanthashiik is a shaggy dragon (Tundra) and a bantha is a shaggy extraterrestrial, it seemed hilariously appropriate.

"Rayanosk" was a fiddling with the concepts of my created language to produce a homogeneous sound. (I failed.) I didn't have an idea for the meaning, I just threw it together.

Sometimes I'll just shove two words I like together, like "cobalt" and "breach".
It depends.

Some of mine were already named, but Najaskhiss and Xanthashiik are from a draconic language I made up and (essentially) mean "Violet Snake" and "Sharp Beast", respectively.

Also, the word "xantha" reminds me of a bantha (from Star Wars), and, as Xanthashiik is a shaggy dragon (Tundra) and a bantha is a shaggy extraterrestrial, it seemed hilariously appropriate.

"Rayanosk" was a fiddling with the concepts of my created language to produce a homogeneous sound. (I failed.) I didn't have an idea for the meaning, I just threw it together.

Sometimes I'll just shove two words I like together, like "cobalt" and "breach".
I mostly name mine from various media I partake in.

Obixius: A joke name I used when someone asked for a 'normal' name.
Dedan: from OFF. Japhet and Hugo, coming soon!
Desmona: Trol Seasson. There's probably going to be a bunch of DESMOND LEROYs from me when I start running out of good names.
Altha: Slight misspelling of a character from a personal work.
I mostly name mine from various media I partake in.

Obixius: A joke name I used when someone asked for a 'normal' name.
Dedan: from OFF. Japhet and Hugo, coming soon!
Desmona: Trol Seasson. There's probably going to be a bunch of DESMOND LEROYs from me when I start running out of good names.
Altha: Slight misspelling of a character from a personal work.
Mine are named after Maori goddesses and a god. Hine is actually supposed to be Hine-nui-te-pō but that is long and has funny symbols. x3
Mine are named after Maori goddesses and a god. Hine is actually supposed to be Hine-nui-te-pō but that is long and has funny symbols. x3
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_nbefjbkpeK1qg78ij.png tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif
I'm just going with gods in general. Think of something like "god of hunting", Google it, pick one I like.
I'm just going with gods in general. Think of something like "god of hunting", Google it, pick one I like.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7