Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Naming Schemes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I've been using a half-baked fantasy language I put together a few months ago for my dragons' names. They follow the phonology and syllable structure of the language, as well as a few patterns I had in place for male, female, and gender-neutral name endings, but they don't actually mean anything. Maybe once (if) I develop the language a little more I'll start giving them names that are more than just collections of sounds that I think fit the personalities I kinda-sorta half invent for them in my head.

Also, maybe I should put the non-Anglicized versions in their bios.
I've been using a half-baked fantasy language I put together a few months ago for my dragons' names. They follow the phonology and syllable structure of the language, as well as a few patterns I had in place for male, female, and gender-neutral name endings, but they don't actually mean anything. Maybe once (if) I develop the language a little more I'll start giving them names that are more than just collections of sounds that I think fit the personalities I kinda-sorta half invent for them in my head.

Also, maybe I should put the non-Anglicized versions in their bios.
No theme since some dragons come pre-named, but I favor mythological spirits.
No theme since some dragons come pre-named, but I favor mythological spirits.
FR_Banners_Lightning_4_zpse7d8d130.png
I like Gaelic names, but otherwise tend to name my dragons the first word that comes to mind, usually based on their color schemes.
I like Gaelic names, but otherwise tend to name my dragons the first word that comes to mind, usually based on their color schemes.
I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
Depends! I named my first dragon after a Mass Effect OC of mine. Her mate was already named when I bought him, but I liked it. The others have themes- MOST of them are named after Mythological figures (Loki and Sigyne, Kebehut) the other are Mass Effect characters- Javik and Kai.
Depends! I named my first dragon after a Mass Effect OC of mine. Her mate was already named when I bought him, but I liked it. The others have themes- MOST of them are named after Mythological figures (Loki and Sigyne, Kebehut) the other are Mass Effect characters- Javik and Kai.
w1E8cdy.png
♦My Tumblr ♦ My Art ♦
Mine fall in the 'Fantasy' type of name section ... Which is rather huge.

Whatever strikes me at the time I guess ^^
Mine fall in the 'Fantasy' type of name section ... Which is rather huge.

Whatever strikes me at the time I guess ^^
I kind of have one going right now, it's kind of based off super heroes, particularity Marvel and DC. So far I have a dragon named Mercy and one named Banner.
I kind of have one going right now, it's kind of based off super heroes, particularity Marvel and DC. So far I have a dragon named Mercy and one named Banner.
Y02PS6v.png
I'm going with names in swedish, since I realised that there are some words that actually sounds really pretty in my native language. Tough after seeing that the random-button had some unusually good options (These can often have the most uninspired names) I might make use of it sometimes.

Color is usually what I base it on, both my progenitors have swedish names that suit their color, my random generated one to extremes. He is named "Guldvatten", Guld - Gold and Vatten - Water, after his colors Aqua and gold. I didn't like him first and was very creative..

I also like when they have names like "Dreamsinger" or someting, cause then I use one part to the offspring. Males can be "(someting)singer", and females (someting)dream, like "Daydream" or sumthing ^^
I'm going with names in swedish, since I realised that there are some words that actually sounds really pretty in my native language. Tough after seeing that the random-button had some unusually good options (These can often have the most uninspired names) I might make use of it sometimes.

Color is usually what I base it on, both my progenitors have swedish names that suit their color, my random generated one to extremes. He is named "Guldvatten", Guld - Gold and Vatten - Water, after his colors Aqua and gold. I didn't like him first and was very creative..

I also like when they have names like "Dreamsinger" or someting, cause then I use one part to the offspring. Males can be "(someting)singer", and females (someting)dream, like "Daydream" or sumthing ^^
26yj6.gifYbgoZ.gifFlamecaller-embersbanner-sm.gifeT20g.gifB6Ter.gif
When I made my Fae, the name generator gave me Luthien. So obviously her mate was going to have to be named Beren. And then I just kept going with the people/places/things in Middle-Earth theme.
When I made my Fae, the name generator gave me Luthien. So obviously her mate was going to have to be named Beren. And then I just kept going with the people/places/things in Middle-Earth theme.
Most of mine are named using a language my friend made up. For example my silver Guardian boy is named Taiuduzu, which means Silver Sun... because his wings are Sunshine XD

There are a few exceptions to this--Adonis was named when I bought him, Planeswalker... really couldn't be named anything else, and both my starter dragons as well as my other Imperial boy were named using the randomize button. But for the most part my dragons will be named with the made-up language.
Most of mine are named using a language my friend made up. For example my silver Guardian boy is named Taiuduzu, which means Silver Sun... because his wings are Sunshine XD

There are a few exceptions to this--Adonis was named when I bought him, Planeswalker... really couldn't be named anything else, and both my starter dragons as well as my other Imperial boy were named using the randomize button. But for the most part my dragons will be named with the made-up language.
BoNC-6g5wELEw1My7FbOBIvy6j1.jpg
I'm kind of trying to go with the colour scheme of the dragon, but... I'm also going with a sort of "nouns for names" style. Though sometimes I deviate from that, too! Hahahah~
I'm kind of trying to go with the colour scheme of the dragon, but... I'm also going with a sort of "nouns for names" style. Though sometimes I deviate from that, too! Hahahah~
ZNhRsiG.png
Want a free Flight banner? Follow the link!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7