Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How much do generations matter?
1 2 3 4
I've heard the meme for caring about generation came from other pet sites, specifically where the pets could look more "muddled" in higher generation.

Can someone explain this to me, specifically with screenshots/examples? A lot of these other pet sites don't allow browsing without an account.
I've heard the meme for caring about generation came from other pet sites, specifically where the pets could look more "muddled" in higher generation.

Can someone explain this to me, specifically with screenshots/examples? A lot of these other pet sites don't allow browsing without an account.
Icewarden Ice Sculpture
At the moment, I feel that my nonbreeding, non-family-tree dragons...Battle-only...War-torn...Are only to be Gen 1...

EDIT: OH TO BE UTTERLY AND UNCARINGLY INCAPACITATED BY ALCHOLIC MEANS.
At the moment, I feel that my nonbreeding, non-family-tree dragons...Battle-only...War-torn...Are only to be Gen 1...

EDIT: OH TO BE UTTERLY AND UNCARINGLY INCAPACITATED BY ALCHOLIC MEANS.
uh8.png
[quote name="Alphaeon" date="2013-07-24 16:50:40" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=623880#700392"]I came to this site hoping that it wouldn't become generation oriented like Dragon Cave, so I'm glad to see these responses! Old habits die hard, and I'm a long-time player of Dragon Cave, so I'm slowly moving away from caring about generation. More about pretty colors and genes![/quote] I came over from DC too and it really is hard to get out of that mentality. I don't want to care about generation because it would be SO much easier to find the color combo I want if not for feeling concerned about generation. It's nice to see so many people don't care - I'll adapt!
I came to this site hoping that it wouldn't become generation oriented like Dragon Cave, so I'm glad to see these responses!

Old habits die hard, and I'm a long-time player of Dragon Cave, so I'm slowly moving away from caring about generation. More about pretty colors and genes!

I came over from DC too and it really is hard to get out of that mentality. I don't want to care about generation because it would be SO much easier to find the color combo I want if not for feeling concerned about generation.

It's nice to see so many people don't care - I'll adapt!
2rf47R3.png
For me personally generation means pretty much nothing.
For me personally generation means pretty much nothing.
furry_fiddle.png
I like gen ones purely to establish my 'lineage' so to speak. Not important in practical turns, just how I want to personally play the game. Once i've got my established pairs the only thing I care about is even generations. G1 with G1, G2 with G2, so on and so forth. It just makes tracking things simpler and makes the family tree prettier.
I like gen ones purely to establish my 'lineage' so to speak. Not important in practical turns, just how I want to personally play the game. Once i've got my established pairs the only thing I care about is even generations. G1 with G1, G2 with G2, so on and so forth. It just makes tracking things simpler and makes the family tree prettier.
Gen one Imperials are nifty, since scrolling was the only way to get one.
Beyond that, I don't care one iota.

I'm just hoping that the devs won't add family trees or generation counters, since that'd force me into breeding even generations.
Gen one Imperials are nifty, since scrolling was the only way to get one.
Beyond that, I don't care one iota.

I'm just hoping that the devs won't add family trees or generation counters, since that'd force me into breeding even generations.
It means literally nothing to me.

Well, ok, I do have this one pair of 1st gens, which I got because me and a friend found eggs on the same day which would look nice together. I think I'm going to breed-change those, and it does make sense a but in that way, because having a pearlcatcher with tundra parents WOULD look a bit weird.
It means literally nothing to me.

Well, ok, I do have this one pair of 1st gens, which I got because me and a friend found eggs on the same day which would look nice together. I think I'm going to breed-change those, and it does make sense a but in that way, because having a pearlcatcher with tundra parents WOULD look a bit weird.
THE EYE HOARDER OF SORNIETH.

Flatfin Enjoyer
I am pretty sure the Admins of the game made it so that generation of a dragon doesn't matter at all. There are no hidden genes to worry about.

Only way I see Gen ones being any sort of valuable is because most of them that people sell at this point are from eggs that they find during scavenging or any other means of getting eggs.
I am pretty sure the Admins of the game made it so that generation of a dragon doesn't matter at all. There are no hidden genes to worry about.

Only way I see Gen ones being any sort of valuable is because most of them that people sell at this point are from eggs that they find during scavenging or any other means of getting eggs.
I'm so glad to see the gen1 craze die out :)
I'm so glad to see the gen1 craze die out :)
Nope nope, Generation is not a concern for me!
Only blood relations, when that's a problem. xD

Besides, I tend to think of the G1 dragons I find as not really having NO parents, but just not knowing who they are since they're technically 'orphaned' eggs P:

Nope nope, Generation is not a concern for me!
Only blood relations, when that's a problem. xD

Besides, I tend to think of the G1 dragons I find as not really having NO parents, but just not knowing who they are since they're technically 'orphaned' eggs P:

1 2 3 4