Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How much do generations matter?
1 2 3 4
Don't care, to be honest. I'm more concerned with getting good colors from good pairings.

@Hasha

On some sites, like wajas, you could get such horrible mixes that the offspring comes out looking like muddy leprosy victims thanks to basically every gene every in the family line having input in the result of the offspring. So in that case, you tried to put together wajas with only a few traits that were either the same or complimentary to avoid 'muddy' effects.

If I ever remember my wajas account number, I'll try and get a screen shot of my ultimate muddy guy for you.
Don't care, to be honest. I'm more concerned with getting good colors from good pairings.

@Hasha

On some sites, like wajas, you could get such horrible mixes that the offspring comes out looking like muddy leprosy victims thanks to basically every gene every in the family line having input in the result of the offspring. So in that case, you tried to put together wajas with only a few traits that were either the same or complimentary to avoid 'muddy' effects.

If I ever remember my wajas account number, I'll try and get a screen shot of my ultimate muddy guy for you.
233223436&trans=1.jpg
Pet's name: Shining
[/url]
Coming from Dragon Cave, where the value of the dragon is based on gens, at first gens really, really mattered. However, once I started playing the game, I realized colors would set the value of the dragons rather then generation and lineage.

Now, I only look for first gens when I have a breed change scroll. I don't like making a dragon from, say, a Fae and a Mirror into a Snapper it's just odd for me to see that neither parent was a Snapper. That is the only time I really look for 1st gens. I would place a gene scroll on a 2nd or even a 5th gen because colors are loosely biased on what the parents have.
Coming from Dragon Cave, where the value of the dragon is based on gens, at first gens really, really mattered. However, once I started playing the game, I realized colors would set the value of the dragons rather then generation and lineage.

Now, I only look for first gens when I have a breed change scroll. I don't like making a dragon from, say, a Fae and a Mirror into a Snapper it's just odd for me to see that neither parent was a Snapper. That is the only time I really look for 1st gens. I would place a gene scroll on a 2nd or even a 5th gen because colors are loosely biased on what the parents have.
Y02PS6v.png
Generation doesn't matter to me since it has no technical relevance. The only time I care about lineage is if one of the parents has a really stupid name.

Like, really, really stupid.
Generation doesn't matter to me since it has no technical relevance. The only time I care about lineage is if one of the parents has a really stupid name.

Like, really, really stupid.
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
@Arianthe

Thanks for the summary. I found a tutorial on how Wajas' breeding works- from what I gather mixing colours in parents is like mixing paint- so a green and red parents would make brown/grey babies? I can see how that would make higher gen pets undesirable.

Makes me appreciate FR's colour wheel method. :)

@Arianthe

Thanks for the summary. I found a tutorial on how Wajas' breeding works- from what I gather mixing colours in parents is like mixing paint- so a green and red parents would make brown/grey babies? I can see how that would make higher gen pets undesirable.

Makes me appreciate FR's colour wheel method. :)

Icewarden Ice Sculpture
@Hasha

Yep, pretty much. Add to that any patterns that might have been added to the coats, which also have their own colors, and you can get either brown.greyish wajas or ones that look like they were attacked by an entire team of paintball enthusiasts.

I think there was probably also some sort of status thing going on for people who had first gens, since usually they were produced only by spending some amount of real money, or a giant gob of in-game money, to get the token to create the waja, with rare breeds and of course the addition of any patterning (up to five) being more expensive. You could easily blow 100 in real money just to get one first gen. (Here at least you can stumble on a first gen egg if you're lucky, and of course there's the pair you start with)
@Hasha

Yep, pretty much. Add to that any patterns that might have been added to the coats, which also have their own colors, and you can get either brown.greyish wajas or ones that look like they were attacked by an entire team of paintball enthusiasts.

I think there was probably also some sort of status thing going on for people who had first gens, since usually they were produced only by spending some amount of real money, or a giant gob of in-game money, to get the token to create the waja, with rare breeds and of course the addition of any patterning (up to five) being more expensive. You could easily blow 100 in real money just to get one first gen. (Here at least you can stumble on a first gen egg if you're lucky, and of course there's the pair you start with)
233223436&trans=1.jpg
Pet's name: Shining
[/url]
What this matter to me? Absolute nothing!
I don't even check it so whatever.
What this matter to me? Absolute nothing!
I don't even check it so whatever.
MJWDKKI.png9PCVycs.png Pixel adopts
@Epsereth
I bought greyson from someone and his poor parents are called "randomstud" and "unnamed"! He'd already had a brood when I bought him too and one of them is called "dirt"

Poor babies.
@Epsereth
I bought greyson from someone and his poor parents are called "randomstud" and "unnamed"! He'd already had a brood when I bought him too and one of them is called "dirt"

Poor babies.
YOURE A KID YOURE A SQUID
remembersepia.png
Since there's no way to display the complete lineage of a dragon all at once, I doubt that people are going to emphasize breeding even-gens and so on the way it's done in Dragon Cave. Here, what is important is getting dragons that have attractive colors.
Since there's no way to display the complete lineage of a dragon all at once, I doubt that people are going to emphasize breeding even-gens and so on the way it's done in Dragon Cave. Here, what is important is getting dragons that have attractive colors.
DBCSimpleBanner.png
1 2 3 4