Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How much do generations matter?
1 2 3 4
my care level when it comes to generation: 0%

if there's a gen1 with colors i want, heck yea i'll take it, but the chances of getting a great looking one are just so low that it seems like a waste of time to me. i'd rather go ahead and buy a gen-whatever in the exact colors i need than to wait who knows how long for a gen1 with those same colors.
my care level when it comes to generation: 0%

if there's a gen1 with colors i want, heck yea i'll take it, but the chances of getting a great looking one are just so low that it seems like a waste of time to me. i'd rather go ahead and buy a gen-whatever in the exact colors i need than to wait who knows how long for a gen1 with those same colors.
92mMlBz.gif
I don't really care. I am using a family lineage site to keep track of family and extended family so I have a pretty good idea of who and who my dragons aren't related to XD It's fun plus I love the roleplaying aspect. My progenitor has his firstborn daughter and two his great-granddaughter who were sent back to the motherlair. A lot of them are Tundras so I love imagining the fluffy Tundra love!! Plus, a lot of my babies have been turned into Spirals/Pearlcatchers so I love seeing the lineages change and how the babies are gened.
I don't really care. I am using a family lineage site to keep track of family and extended family so I have a pretty good idea of who and who my dragons aren't related to XD It's fun plus I love the roleplaying aspect. My progenitor has his firstborn daughter and two his great-granddaughter who were sent back to the motherlair. A lot of them are Tundras so I love imagining the fluffy Tundra love!! Plus, a lot of my babies have been turned into Spirals/Pearlcatchers so I love seeing the lineages change and how the babies are gened.
tumblr_ntrk5fRxsj1sk2f1lo1_500.png
I think first gen will really be all that matters as the game progresses, in terms of being worth slightly more, because some people collect first gens and it's difficult to find ones with good colors. Second gen might be worth more for Imperials, as there aren't going to be any more first gen ones. Other than that, anything G2 or later will be the same price, I imagine.

Personally, I can't wait until we start getting things like 10th gen or 20th gen dragons. I want to see one of my dragons end up with a hundred descendants so I can see where their bloodline went!
I think first gen will really be all that matters as the game progresses, in terms of being worth slightly more, because some people collect first gens and it's difficult to find ones with good colors. Second gen might be worth more for Imperials, as there aren't going to be any more first gen ones. Other than that, anything G2 or later will be the same price, I imagine.

Personally, I can't wait until we start getting things like 10th gen or 20th gen dragons. I want to see one of my dragons end up with a hundred descendants so I can see where their bloodline went!
Since they're immortal I don't pay attention to gen at all really :P
Since they're immortal I don't pay attention to gen at all really :P
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
Yeah, I...have zero craps to give about generation, but I DO see how it will be a big deal at a later point. Super old first-gens back when the game had closed registration and all that. Fancy fancy.
Yeah, I...have zero craps to give about generation, but I DO see how it will be a big deal at a later point. Super old first-gens back when the game had closed registration and all that. Fancy fancy.
I asked this question in the help forum the other day and it was indicated to me that the generation of the dragon has no effect on it whatsoever. The only exception I can think of is if you are buying a very specific set of genes and colors that only a few breeders possess and thus run into the danger of buying dragons from two different breeders that are related within five generations.

So meh @ generations.
I asked this question in the help forum the other day and it was indicated to me that the generation of the dragon has no effect on it whatsoever. The only exception I can think of is if you are buying a very specific set of genes and colors that only a few breeders possess and thus run into the danger of buying dragons from two different breeders that are related within five generations.

So meh @ generations.
U3uWWAU.png
Generation doesn't matter to me.

It is kind of cool to have a 1st gen dragon because, hey, it's like magic man.

Where did they come from? NOBODY KNOWS. :V

But to me it's all about colors and breed, that's it.

I did make a bit of a guffaw when I bought a dragon that had both parents and offspring but eh w/e. It just made me think of her as matronly or something.
Generation doesn't matter to me.

It is kind of cool to have a 1st gen dragon because, hey, it's like magic man.

Where did they come from? NOBODY KNOWS. :V

But to me it's all about colors and breed, that's it.

I did make a bit of a guffaw when I bought a dragon that had both parents and offspring but eh w/e. It just made me think of her as matronly or something.
Δ KUJJm1Z.gif 6XeGCFj.gif Ω
[quote name="WhoDoVoodoo" date="2013-07-24 18:11:07" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=2&id=623880#702606"]Yeah, I...have zero craps to give about generation, but I DO see how it will be a big deal at a later point. Super old first-gens back when the game had closed registration and all that. Fancy fancy.[/quote] OH MY GOD. YOU. HAVE AT THEE! *swings sword around* wut u doin in a thread im in gurl

OH MY GOD. YOU.

HAVE AT THEE!

*swings sword around*

wut u doin in a thread im in gurl
Δ KUJJm1Z.gif 6XeGCFj.gif Ω
PROCRASTINATING, THAT'S WHAT

WASHING DISHES IS FOR LOSERS AND RESPONSIBLE ADULTS
PROCRASTINATING, THAT'S WHAT

WASHING DISHES IS FOR LOSERS AND RESPONSIBLE ADULTS
I care a bit, mostly because my dragon colours aren't really mainstream, so I have to watch the relations. I'm quite lucky, in that I've found four first gens with my colour schemes. These two for example: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54189] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/54189_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43091] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/43091_350.png[/img] [/url] Without any relations, I don't have to worry about their parent's clan's reaction to any profile info I put down. I also tend to steer clear if at all possible of anything fourth generation onward, purely because it becomes pretty ridiculous trying to keep track of lineage. I'm trying to establish my unrelated breeding pairs now, while there are still relatively low generation numbers so I have a good gene pool to draw from for future pairs.
I care a bit, mostly because my dragon colours aren't really mainstream, so I have to watch the relations. I'm quite lucky, in that I've found four first gens with my colour schemes. These two for example:

54189_350.png

43091_350.png

Without any relations, I don't have to worry about their parent's clan's reaction to any profile info I put down. I also tend to steer clear if at all possible of anything fourth generation onward, purely because it becomes pretty ridiculous trying to keep track of lineage.

I'm trying to establish my unrelated breeding pairs now, while there are still relatively low generation numbers so I have a good gene pool to draw from for future pairs.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
1 2 3 4